Another Head Football coach at Lake Gibson is fired

Floridaatlantic1

Reading between the lines of the quotes, I gather Barefield may have been half-assing his non-football coaching duties. There was a quote from the AD about needing to do more than coach the games. He likely didn't care to be a high school teacher/coach. He's trying to paint a picture of "I'm just meant to coach at the higher levels". But, this likely also means he didn't really embrace the full duties of his actual, current job.

On 4/6/2022 at 12:47 PM, Floridaatlantic1 said:

I have not heard the reason the coach was fired immediately but interested if anyone knows whats going on there. Also, if the recent coach did not do something illegal or inappropriate. Why would anyone apply to be the new coach  when they have had numerous coaches over last 4-5 years. 

Why would anyone apply to be the new coach  when they have had numerous coaches over last 4-5 years.  To have the opportunity to take down Lakeland (again) and possibly get over the hurdle and win a state title.  There's plenty of talent in Polk County in which to do so.  

DeMyer wanted to focus on teaching and stepped down. Paxia stepped down to take a dream job coaching at his Alma Mater.  The only question mark (not really) was the departure of the latest coach.  As pointed out by others, it was publicized in the local paper that his non-coaching duties were neglected.  Sounds like he fired himself.  Hardly a smoking gun of a toxic program.