Florida Football Fans...you might like this (NOT A SALES PITCH, a sport fans dream)

Dan in Daytona

I'm not a salesman, never been a BS'er either. But I payed $59.99 (one year) for a digital newspaper subscription to the Daytona Beach News Journal. It along with over 200 other newspapers is owned by Gannett (USA TODAY). They all have an E-Edition that looks exactly like that days morning paper. Mouse click though the pages and click the article you are interested in reading. To have my local fish wrapper thrown in the yard they wanted $500+ per year.....I have access to all Gannett's US newspapers in 45 (?) states with more then 30 Florida daily newspapers. Some examples : Palm Beach Post, Collier Citizen, Florida Today (Cocoa), Ft. Myers News-Press, Gainesville Sun, Lakeland Ledger, Jacksonville Times Union, Ocala Star Banner, NW Florida Daily, Panama City News Herald, Pensacola News-Journal, Sarasota Herald Tribune, Naples Daily News, St Lucie News, St Augustine Record, Tallahassee Democrate, and a dozen more state papers....Sure it took awhile to get used to reading a paper online ( it helped getting a 24" monitor for my desktop ), but you can't beat the Florida high school sports coverage EVERY DAY !  How much each paper charges I don't know. If they say more then $60 something is wrong. I can read the Palm Beach Post every morning or the Gainesville Sun from cover to cover. I got nothing but time......check it out sport fans.

26 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

I'm not a salesman, never been a BS'er. but I payed $59.99 (one year) for a digital newspaper subscription to the Daytona Beach News Journal. It along with over 200 other newspapers is owned by Gannett (USA TODAY). They all have an E-Edition that looks exactly like that days morning paper. Mouse click though the pages and click the article you are interested in reading. To have my local fish wrapper thrown in the yard they wanted $500+ per year.....I have access to all Gannett's US newspapers in 45 (?) states with more then 30 Florida daily newspapers. Some examples : Palm Beach Post, Collier Citizen, Florida Today (Cocoa), Ft. Myers News-Press, Gainesville Sun, Lakeland Ledger, Jacksonville Times Union, Ocala Star Banner, NW Florida Daily, Panama City News Herald, Pensacola News-Journal, Sarasota Herald Tribune, Naples Daily News, St Lucie News, St Augustine Record, Tallahassee Democrate, and a dozen more state papers....Sure it took awhile to get used to reading a paper online ( it helped getting a 24" monitor for my desktop ), but you can't beat the Florida high school sports coverage EVERY DAY !  How much each paper charges I don't know. If they say more then $60 something is wrong. I can read the Palm Beach Post every morning or the Gainesville Sun from cover to cover. I got nothing but time......check it out sport fans.

I used to look at many of these publications online on Saturday morning to follow HS teams and players throughout the state.  But now, most want annual subscription fee and I only utilize them for the 3-4 months of football season.  The deal you got which gives you access to multiple regions seems like a fair price. 

4 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

I used to look at many of these publications online on Saturday morning to follow HS teams and players throughout the state.  But now, most want annual subscription fee and I only utilize them for the 3-4 months of football season.  The deal you got which gives you access to multiple regions seems like a fair price. 

I've read the newspaper every day for more than 50 years. I helped print (ink meets paper) the local one for over 30 years.  To me getting the home newspaper is a must. Getting all the others without added fees, at my finger tips, is a fabulous bonus....a no brainer.  

37 minutes ago, Dan in Daytona said:

I've read the newspaper every day for more than 50 years. I helped print (ink meets paper) the local one for over 30 years.  To me getting the home newspaper is a must. Getting all the others without added fees, at my finger tips, is a fabulous bonus....a no brainer.  

Agree 100% on staying close to local news; here in Kissimmee it's the Osceola News Gazette which provides online publication free of charge as well as ink on paper.  It is a bi-weekly although the digital side updates on news daily.  The Orlando Sentinel I do have a subscription, but it is owned by the Chicago Tribune so it doesn't let me access those other publications you referenced.  Considering the option you suggested.

On 4/7/2022 at 8:55 PM, Dan in Daytona said:

I am sure that you worked right alongside a lot of "like-minded" people for those 30 years, right Dan? 

5 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

I am sure that you worked right alongside a lot of "like-minded" people for those 30 years, right Dan? 

... and you'd be "wrong again" Jam speaking of my co-workers. I'm the except in being a Florida born blue collar worker. We were no where near the policy making intellectuals in their Ivory Tower. But for your own personal enlightenment, I was more than qualified to climb those steps. 

19 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

... and you'd be "wrong again" Jam speaking of my co-workers. I'm the except in being a Florida born blue collar worker. We were no where near the policy making intellectuals in their Ivory Tower. But for your own personal enlightenment, I was more than qualified to climb those steps. 

No, I am "right again" and you know exactly what I am talking about. Ray Icaza, I don't know anything about the Newspaper in Osceola County, but I can assure you that there are major problems with the Newspaper in Volusia County. Dan knows what I am talking about as well. Dan, I know what I am talking about here, and YOU know that I know what I am talking about. There is no need to deny the obvious reality here. 

10 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

No, I am "right again" and you know exactly what I am talking about. Ray Icaza, I don't know anything about the Newspaper in Osceola County, but I can assure you that there are major problems with the Newspaper in Volusia County. Dan knows what I am talking about as well. Dan, I know what I am talking about here, and YOU know that I know what I am talking about. There is no need to deny the obvious reality here. 

Sounds again like this thread can drift into the forbidden zone, so do me a favor bud and keep me out of it.

1 hour ago, Jambun82 said:

I only mentioned you because you liked Dan's comment. 

His thread offered advice to football fans who like to get updates on high school football teams from numerous geographical regions around our state online at a fair price.  That is what I liked, nothing more, nothing less even though I gave him a "LIKE" for his counter punch.

On 4/9/2022 at 11:15 PM, Jambun82 said:

First off Jam you don't know Jack $--T about my co-workers. What gives you the cojones to think you do ? I worked in a very loud no windowed brick building that kicked out printed material at a rate of 50-60,000 copies per hour. In 30+ years I worked side by side with over 100 black, white, hispanic, male and female newspaper and commercial pressmen. To ignorantly imply we were the same is beyond asinine. 100% of us worked there for the money and benefits ONLY. End of story!  Coincidentally in all those years (beside myself) only a very few actually paid for home delivery of the local News-Journal. They really weren't that interested and even with an employee discount thought it wasn't worth the money. What most don't understand is when things are going well in a pressroom and the presses are churning out product there really isn't that much to do. Some eat, some walk around, others nod off, and still others (the vast majority) read or surf the internet by phone. Read is what I did. Playboy, Sports Illustrated, Craigslist, Auto/ Boat Trader, Pennysaver, Time, US News and World Report, Newsweek, Wallstreet Journal, and Hustler for the articles (wink,wink). Like Ray said, I'm not going where you want to take us. Go over to Prepgridiron's Off-Topic message board and have at it. I'm trying to be civil with your dumba$$. Keep it up, at your own peril... 

On 4/7/2022 at 3:47 PM, Dan in Daytona said:

I'm not a salesman, never been a BS'er either. But I payed $59.99 (one year) for a digital newspaper subscription to the Daytona Beach News Journal. It along with over 200 other newspapers is owned by Gannett (USA TODAY). They all have an E-Edition that looks exactly like that days morning paper. Mouse click though the pages and click the article you are interested in reading. To have my local fish wrapper thrown in the yard they wanted $500+ per year.....I have access to all Gannett's US newspapers in 45 (?) states with more then 30 Florida daily newspapers. Some examples : Palm Beach Post, Collier Citizen, Florida Today (Cocoa), Ft. Myers News-Press, Gainesville Sun, Lakeland Ledger, Jacksonville Times Union, Ocala Star Banner, NW Florida Daily, Panama City News Herald, Pensacola News-Journal, Sarasota Herald Tribune, Naples Daily News, St Lucie News, St Augustine Record, Tallahassee Democrate, and a dozen more state papers....Sure it took awhile to get used to reading a paper online ( it helped getting a 24" monitor for my desktop ), but you can't beat the Florida high school sports coverage EVERY DAY !  How much each paper charges I don't know. If they say more then $60 something is wrong. I can read the Palm Beach Post every morning or the Gainesville Sun from cover to cover. I got nothing but time......check it out sport fans.

I bit the bullet and subscribed while the Ledger was running a holiday promotion; $.99 for 6 months and $1.99 a month afterwards.  Like you said, having access to multiple publications is certainly a plus.  

3 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

I bit the bullet and subscribed while the Ledger was running a holiday promotion; $.99 for 6 months and $1.99 a month afterwards.  Like you said, having access to multiple publications is certainly a plus.  

Smartest Rattler I've ever heard.... it's like an oxymoron... Go 'Cats 

1 hour ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Smartest Rattler I've ever heard.... it's like an oxymoron... Go 'Cats 

Just ungrateful.  You and the rest of your alley cats tumblr_inline_my8cobbpue1r664i3.bmp Go Home!  FAMU runs this!

famu-marching.gif

giphy.gif?cid=790b76112833b43a427f1ea918

Rattler Envy - A disease of bitterness and jealously caused by years of repeated rattle snake bites where the victim has no to access to anti-venom.  Get that treated @Dan in Daytona :lol:.  BYE BYE...
giphy.gif?cid=790b76118cb6f8873b13583b06

2 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

Just ungrateful.  You and the rest of your alley cats tumblr_inline_my8cobbpue1r664i3.bmp Go Home!  FAMU runs this!

famu-marching.gif

giphy.gif?cid=790b76112833b43a427f1ea918

Rattler Envy - A disease of bitterness and jealously caused by years of repeated rattle snake bites where the victim has no to access to anti-venom.  Get that treated @Dan in Daytona :lol:.  BYE BYE...
giphy.gif?cid=790b76118cb6f8873b13583b06

Nulli, If you can promise me the honey in pink can lead me to salvation, take my soul....Go Snakes  :)

21 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

First off Jam you don't know Jack $--T about my co-workers. What gives you the cojones to think you do ? I worked in a very loud no windowed brick building that kicked out printed material at a rate of 50-60,000 copies per hour. In 30+ years I worked side by side with over 100 black, white, hispanic, male and female newspaper and commercial pressmen. To ignorantly imply we were the same is beyond asinine. 100% of us worked there for the money and benefits ONLY. End of story!  Coincidentally in all those years (beside myself) only a very few actually paid for home delivery of the local News-Journal. They really weren't that interested and even with an employee discount thought it wasn't worth the money. What most don't understand is when things are going well in a pressroom and the presses are churning out product there really isn't that much to do. Some eat, some walk around, others nod off, and still others (the vast majority) read or surf the internet by phone. Read is what I did. Playboy, Sports Illustrated, Craigslist, Auto/ Boat Trader, Pennysaver, Time, US News and World Report, Newsweek, Wallstreet Journal, and Hustler for the articles (wink,wink). Like Ray said, I'm not going where you want to take us. Go over to Prepgridiron's Off-Topic message board and have at it. I'm trying to be civil with your dumba$$. Keep it up, at your own peril... 

Dan, I don't care what name you call me. If you are going to post on this message board about the piece of garbage, not worth the paper it is printed on "newspaper" that you used to work for and try to pump up your former bosses, then I am going to respond, and I will. Just because that waste of printing paper is hemorrhaging money, and about to go bankrupt, you don't need to suddenly become a salesman for this failure. 

22 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

His thread offered advice to football fans who like to get updates on high school football teams from numerous geographical regions around our state online at a fair price.  That is what I liked, nothing more, nothing less even though I gave him a "LIKE" for his counter punch.

If Dan feels the need to be a salesman for his former employer, I have a right to respond to him and challenge his true motive for doing so. This is a Florida High School Football message board, not an advertisement for USA Today, the Daytona Beach News Journal or any other joke of a "news service." similar to them. 

2 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

@Dan in Daytonaand @Jambun82 both of you guys are wonderful posters and valuable contributors to this board, but maybe we could put the political talk in our back pockets, please? Don't want the thread to become a jungle and be locked like others in the past. 

Fine, then Dan doesn't need to be a salesman for USA Today and the Daytona Beach News Journal. This is a Florida High School Football message board, not a mouthpiece for Gannett Publishing. 

1 hour ago, Dan in Daytona said:

Nulli, If you can promise me the honey in pink can lead me to salvation, take my soul....Go Snakes  :)

I can't promise that anyone walking the earth can lead you to salvation, let alone the young lady in pink.  However, I can promise at FAMU with the ratio of women to men at 9:1, you can have a lot of fun finding out, LOL!  That's when I was in school in the 90's.  I'm sure it's higher now.

2 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Dan, I don't care what name you call me. If you are going to post on this message board about the piece of garbage, not worth the paper it is printed on "newspaper" that you used to work for and try to pump up your former bosses, then I am going to respond, and I will. Just because that waste of printing paper is hemorrhaging money, and about to go bankrupt, you don't need to suddenly become a salesman for this failure. 

Jam, you're living in a alternate universe. One with a very low competency level. From the original post though now I've attempted to inform readers that it is "now possible" to read 30+ Florida daily's, with state wide high school sports from home, by getting a digital subscription. Nulli Secundus now gets the Lakeland Ledger and 200 other newspapers for less than $20 per year. If he hates the Daytona paper, like you, so what !!!! He his 199 + more papers he can read. Pick one, pick a dozen it doesn't matter. Shop around, maybe Sarasota is $10 a year. You still get the other 200 PAPERS. Check it out ?     

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

@Dan in Daytonaand @Jambun82 both of you guys are wonderful posters and valuable contributors to this board, but maybe we could put the political talk in our back pockets, please? Don't want the thread to become a jungle and be locked like others in the past. 

Venice, I challenge you from the very first post to reprint where I was political in this thread. On the other hand Mr LaLa Land Ref has been going off from the beginning. Where his beef originated is anyone guess. It's his demon, and his alone.

2 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

Fine, then Dan doesn't need to be a salesman for USA Today and the Daytona Beach News Journal. This is a Florida High School Football message board, not a mouthpiece for Gannett Publishing. 

What is your problem !  Get a life, go outside, walk the beach, go on a date, kick a dog...well not really...do something pleasurable