DILLARD WiLL BE PLAYING A WEEK 1 NATIONALLY TELEVISED GAME.

THIS_IS_DILLARD

5 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Chaminade-Madonna is coming up to Venice week 7. I’m very glad that both teams are amicably renewing this old rivalry that was so much fun for both sides in the early 2000’s. The Lions used to whoop our butts in this mini-rivalry in the past lol but hopefully that won’t be the case this time. 

Lol that’s gonna be a great game! I have to root for my broward county boys tho to represent home!!

but if you guys do happen to trip them up at home, atleast it will be to a school OUTSIDE OF DILLARD that I root for.

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Lol that’s gonna be a great game! I have to root for my broward county boys tho to represent home!!

but if you guys do happen to trip them up at home, atleast it will be to a school OUTSIDE OF DILLARD that I root for.

Hey I get it bro! You have to root for Broward County. I always root for the 954 when they play outside their county.  I’m a big South Florida homer myself.  But I’m not yellow and I don’t eat donuts. B)

16 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Sorry Keem, we’ve got CMD week 7 and Northwestern week 1. We need a week 3 now.

Just saw the official schedule on twitter and I'm loving it. Yall will be battle tested for sure. No matter what happens in the KOC against IMG, yall will have a regular season win against IMG lol. But y'all very well could come out of that schedule unscathed or with just one loss. Also saw that y'all dropped the 3 stripes and went with Nike/Jordan the Nike unis lookin better than the Adidas from what I see. Lookin forward to seeing the tweaks to the helmet and also saw that Jesuit didn't want the greatest game in y'all area to happen Week 1 on ESPN

39 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

Just saw the official schedule on twitter and I'm loving it. Yall will be battle tested for sure. No matter what happens in the KOC against IMG, yall will have a regular season win against IMG lol. But y'all very well could come out of that schedule unscathed or with just one loss. Also saw that y'all dropped the 3 stripes and went with Nike/Jordan the Nike unis lookin better than the Adidas from what I see. Lookin forward to seeing the tweaks to the helmet and also saw that Jesuit didn't want the greatest game in y'all area to happen Week 1 on ESPN

Just saw that Venice schedule on Twitter as well. Wowzers that's one hell of a schedule!

Just now, KeemD321 said:

Yes indeed. even with the district opponents it's a great schedule

I am very glad that Miami Northwestern decided to reciprocate the trip to Venice this year. Also thank you to the IMG coaching staff for such gracious flexibility in changing the week 1 to week 0. I hope it remains on ESPN for what will (hopefully) be a great game.

Week 0- IMG

Week 1- Miami NW

Week 2- Naples

Week 3- Bye

Week 4- St. Frances 

Week 5- Sanford Seminole

Week 6- @ Riverview

Week 7- Chaminade-Madonna

Week 8- Sarasota

Week 9- Palmetto

Week 10- IMG Varsity

Week 11- Clearwater Academy International

LFG!!!

1 minute ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I am very glad that Miami Northwestern decided to reciprocate the trip to Venice this year. Also thank you to the IMG coaching staff for such gracious flexibility in changing the week 1 to week 0. I hope it remains on ESPN for what will (hopefully) be a great game.

Week 0- IMG

Week 1- Miami NW

Week 2- Naples

Week 3- Bye

Week 4- St. Frances 

Week 5- Sanford Seminole

Week 6- @ Riverview

Week 8- Sarasota

Week 9- Palmetto

Week 10- IMG Varsity

LFG!!!

So you guys have 9 home games & 1 away game shesshhhh!!! Talk about home field advantage lol.

2 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

So you guys have 9 home games & 1 away game shesshhhh!!! Talk about home field advantage lol.

Week 3 was supposed to be Venice @ Mater Dei, but it fell through because of the Trinity League event in Hawaii. Don't know why there's only 1 away game. It seems strange to me too.

1 minute ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Week 3 was supposed to be Venice @ Mater Dei, but it fell through because of the Trinity League event in Hawaii. Don't know why there's only 1 away game. It seems strange to me too.

I didn’t even know that was legal. I thought one year you were granted 6 home games 4 away. The next year you have 4 home and 6 away. 

4 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I didn’t even know that was legal. I thought one year you were granted 6 home games 4 away. The next year you have 4 home and 6 away. 

It should always be a 6-4 or 5-5 split. 9 home games to 1 away is ridiculous and I won't pretend to know why Coach Peacock did it this way. But he did say a few times that their allotted travel funds were low after they bought the championship rings.  Still really no excuse to not have 2 or 3 more away games. 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

It should always be a 6-4 or 5-5 split. 9 home games to 1 away is ridiculous and I won't pretend to know why Coach Peacock did it this way. But he did say a few times that their allotted travel funds were low after they bought the championship rings.  Still really no excuse to not have 2 or 3 more away games. 

I saw the rings they are nice but they are basically like the 2017 rings with yellow gold accents. Didn't notice the 1 away game. That's definitely unheard of but its official. Riverview is definitely a trap game with that schedule. Along with Sarasota being a hangover game.

26 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

I saw the rings they are nice but they are basically like the 2017 rings with yellow gold accents. Didn't notice the 1 away game. That's definitely unheard of but its official. Riverview is definitely a trap game with that schedule. Along with Sarasota being a hangover game.

I'm sorry we couldn't get Cocoa or Rockledge this year, maybe next season?

13 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

Sarasota is a team that folks need to look out for this year. They had a sneaky good season last year and only missed the playoffs by a couple of losses; losing to Port Charlotte, Venice, and Riverview ended their hopes of making it to the post-season. I guarantee you that they are not thinking about losing any of those games this year; they are going to be out for blood when they play  all of them, especially since most of their team returns from last year. 

3 hours ago, KeemD321 said:

They could lose one or they could lose 3 or maybe even win them all. St. Frances is the expected loss but CMD, Northwestern, IMG, Clearwater, Riverview, Naples, and IMG Varsity are all true tossup games that could go either way. Sarasota is going to be out for blood this year. Whether the Indians go 4-6 or 10-0 depends on how well the coaching staff coaches their kids and what their transfer situation is. They have some good starters returning on defense but almost the entire offense is going to be new. It's going to take some time to see them in true form, but I know that the Indians can have a good season and make it back to the top of the mountain this season. Maybe even get a win over St. Frances, too!? Ok, I'll put down the drugs now. :P

59 minutes ago, KeemD321 said:

They only had 2 away games last year.  Does anyone sense a pattern?  Obviously if they scheduled Cocoa they would have had to reciprocate and travel so could that be the reason it didn't happen?  Just speculating. 

1 hour ago, Ray Icaza said:

They only had 2 away games last year.  Does anyone sense a pattern?  Obviously if they scheduled Cocoa they would have had to reciprocate and travel so could that be the reason it didn't happen?  Just speculating. 

I honestly don't know why there is only one away game on the schedule. They don't usually schedule with only home games in mind. Have to get back to a normal 6-4 split in 2023.

2 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

They could lose one or they could lose 3 or maybe even win them all. St. Frances is the expected loss but CMD, Northwestern, IMG, Clearwater, Riverview, Naples, and IMG Varsity are all true tossup games that could go either way. Sarasota is going to be out for blood this year. Whether the Indians go 4-6 or 10-0 depends on how well the coaching staff coaches their kids and what their transfer situation is. They have some good starters returning on defense but almost the entire offense is going to be new. It's going to take some time to see them in true form, but I know that the Indians can have a good season and make it back to the top of the mountain this season. Maybe even get a win over St. Frances, too!? Ok, I'll put down the drugs now. :P

I have only been in Florida for 1 year. So this question comes from pure ignorance. I understand what IMG is, in general. Are the 2 games on the schedule between IMG and Venice for the same IMG opponent? Or is one of the games against the "JV" Varsity team? If so, is there a huge drop off?

5 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Week 0- IMG

Week 1- Miami NW

Week 2- Naples

Week 3- Bye

Week 4- St. Frances 

Week 5- Sanford Seminole

Week 6- @ Riverview

Week 8- Sarasota

Week 9- Palmetto

Week 10- IMG Varsity

LFG!!!

I am kinda disappointed that the NW game is here instead of down in Miami. Their PA announcer at the KOC last year was entertaining.

16 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I am kinda disappointed that the NW game is here instead of down in Miami. Their PA announcer at the KOC last year was entertaining.

I’m glad that they are returning the trip, though. I didn’t go to Traz Powell last year, it was too far and the Covid cases were way too high. It is an Awesome way to start the season against one of the top teams In the state, though, and maybe we can build a rivalry with them over time.

18 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I have only been in Florida for 1 year. So this question comes from pure ignorance. I understand what IMG is, in general. Are the 2 games on the schedule between IMG and Venice for the same IMG opponent? Or is one of the games against the "JV" Varsity team? If so, is there a huge drop off?

The preseason game is IMG National, the week 9 game is IMG varsity. Their varsity team is good but not great and usually plays strong public schools around the state. They don’t travel out of state.