List of Spring Games

NHS Bob

4 hours ago, NHS Bob said:

I there a collection of Spring games?  Only 4-5 weeks away and I'm sure there are some pretty good games out there.

Full disclosure with admission of bias, but I think the OHS Kowboy game vs Edgewater on May 20th should be a good one with D1 prospects all over the field.  The Eagles feature one of the top 5 RB's in the nation in Cedric Baxter, Jr with over 50 offers displaying his skills against the talented Osceola D-line anchored by TWO 4* prospects in John Walker and Derrick LeBlanc, also with over 40 offers each.  These particular players are desired by all the top programs including Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame, Clemson, Texas A&M, Michigan, etc... as well as ALL the Florida Universities.  But each team has multiple players with numerous offers from D1 schools.  Should be a ton of talent on display, so stoked to watch. 

On 4/12/2022 at 7:38 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Full disclosure with admission of bias, but I think the OHS Kowboy game vs Edgewater on May 20th should be a good one with D1 prospects all over the field.  The Eagles feature one of the top 5 RB's in the nation in Cedric Baxter, Jr with over 50 offers displaying his skills against the talented Osceola D-line anchored by TWO 4* prospects in John Walker and Derrick LeBlanc, also with over 40 offers each.  These particular players are desired by all the top programs including Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Georgia, LSU, Notre Dame, Clemson, Texas A&M, Michigan, etc... as well as ALL the Florida Universities.  But each team has multiple players with numerous offers from D1 schools.  Should be a ton of talent on display, so stoked to watch. 

Anyone with a Texas AM offer is about to get rich.

22 hours ago, THAT S--T WAS FUNNY said:

After seeing the last few posts, I feel that I have transported to the past and landed on the flavarsity board. All that was missing was Silver King.

You have gotten access to my brains, wisdom, and humor on two different message boards? Talk about hitting the jackpot!  

• 4 weeks later...

Just read in the local newspaper that several Spring Games scheduled for Friday evening here in central FL have been moved up to Thursday evening due to a potential weather event on Friday.  It includes are upcoming game with Edgewater Eagles at our place now listed at 7:30 PM.

12 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Just read in the local newspaper that several Spring Games scheduled for Friday evening here in central FL have been moved up to Thursday evening due to a potential weather event on Friday.  It includes are upcoming game with Edgewater Eagles at our place now listed at 7:30 PM.

Shout out to the administrators for being proactive.  Much better to play the games a day early than risk bad weather on Friday and then having to cancel all the games. 

Plus, now all coaches have a built-in excuse for a poor performance Thursday night:  "Yeah, pushing the game up a day really threw us off our game plan . . . we weren't able to stick to our normal game-week prep schedule and, well, you saw how we played.   We were all off by a day . . . even the coaches were out of sync.    I can assure you this won't happen in the fall!"  

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Shout out to the administrators for being proactive.  Much better to play the games a day early than risk bad weather on Friday and then having to cancel all the games. 

Plus, now all coaches have a built-in excuse for a poor performance Thursday night:  "Yeah, pushing the game up a day really threw us off our game plan . . . we weren't able to stick to our normal game-week prep schedule and, well, you saw how we played.   We were all off by a day . . . even the coaches were out of sync.    I can assure you this won't happen in the fall!"  

Not an issue for Madison County, though. All teams that play them are trash. So even if they don’t get a game, they win vicariously through... well, I’ve never made it this far! :D

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Initially I thought it was due to the fact that the 3 marquee games in central Fl were APK vs Lake Gibson, Lakeland vs Venice and Osceola vs Edgewater all scheduled for Friday (05/20) would make it difficult for recruiters to attend them all. Thus the move to Thursday which as I currently understand, all 3 have been moved for Thursday (05/19).  Looking at the bright side it is one day less WAIT:D.