19:Plant city

20:Bishiop morre

21:FPC

22:Vero beach

23:Miramar

24:Niceville

25:Lake Brantley

Boca Raton is a big sleeper they can easily enter playoff 9-1 or 10-0

Agree.  I don't see any team in PB County quite at the level of Delray Atlantic last year though so I don't know how far that will take the 8A front runner out of PB County.   Lately there has been an 8A team out of PB County with a stellar record (2014 Wellington 12-1, 2015 Atlantic-Delray 12-0) going into the 3rd round and it is lights out for them.  Outscored 0-69 the last two years to the Broward 8A front runner.

Miramar is not the same as they used to be and steadily going down. Nick Saban himself would have to be the new coach for them to get back to relivience.

What is your take on that situation?  

They were looking like they had a 8A  State Championship contending team in January when BTW QB Daniel Richardson  transferred there.  He left quickly back to BTW and here we are 6 months later with a few of their star players jumping ship to Miami Central and STA.

I  believe Miramar is still a hotbed for football but there is something causing the players not to stay in house.

FL 5A - 8A

STA

Miami Central 

Southridge

AHP

Mainland

Carol City

Armwood

Apopka

Northwestern

Deerfield Beach

Columbus

Dr. Phillips

Dwyer

West Orange

Lakeland

University Orange City

Boyd Anderson

Flanagan

Mandarin

Plant City

Navarre

Sandalwood

Miramar

Osceola -Kissimmee

Niceville

Others of notice (Bishop Moore, Columbia, Plant, Lake Brantley, Piper, Boca Raton, Fort Pierce Central, PB Gardens, Tampa Jesuit, Kathleen, Mater Academy, Bartram Trail, Pine Forest, Miami Jackson, Sebastian River, Killian, Vero Beach, Venice, Coral Gables, Viera, Charlotte, Braden River, Dillard, Fort Myers)

You have Mater Academy and Jackson listed and not Booker T?

Miramar was a young team last year...loaded with talented underclassmen on a team that went 5-5.  Outside of a loss to Plantation that I feel shouldn't have happened...their other losses were to IMG, Flanagan, St Thomas, and Hallandale.  While the 5 wins were by a 30+ margin.  Bringing in Nick Saban would probably push that team to National title contenders.  Look at the players they lost for the upcoming season and are still relevant in 8A.  Top DE going to Central, Top DL going to Carol City, Top DB going to St. Thomas and a heap of others that have left to go to other schools for playing time.  Those talented underclassmen are now seniors and want to start...Miramar doesn't have the reputation of a school like St Thomas where colleges are offering kids who don't start and little to no film just because the team is loaded.  Don't blame the kids for leaving.  Why sit behind somebody as a senior when you're good enough to be playing.  I heard they have like 40+ seniors on that team.

Miramar was a young team last year...loaded with talented underclassmen on a team that went 5-5.  Outside of a loss to Plantation that I feel shouldn't have happened...their other losses were to IMG, Flanagan, St Thomas, and Hallandale.  While the 5 wins were by a 30+ margin.  Bringing in Nick Saban would probably push that team to National title contenders.  Look at the players they lost for the upcoming season and are still relevant in 8A.  Top DE going to Central, Top DL going to Carol City, Top DB going to St. Thomas and a heap of others that have left to go to other schools for playing time.  Those talented underclassmen are now seniors and want to start...Miramar doesn't have the reputation of a school like St Thomas where colleges are offering kids who don't start and little to no film just because the team is loaded.  Don't blame the kids for leaving.  Why sit behind somebody as a senior when you're good enough to be playing.  I heard they have like 40+ seniors on that team.

The Miramar schedule was very challenging last year.  They were shallacked by STA, IMG and Flanagan last year but that was three of the top 5 teams in the state. 

3 turnovers did not help versus Plantation, but Plantation did run down their throat for 250+ yards while milking the clock.  Plantation was a very sound team last year.  Miramar actually only lost to Hallandale 0-7 last year as well.  

If they still have 40+ kids on that team that grew up playing ball in that area combined with an upcoming solid JV team last year, they should be fine and still see the playoffs.

My personal opinion on Miramar is the coaching staff. South Florida is completely different or maybe it's the same being that I rarely keep up with Central, North and the panhandle. But yeah if you don't have the right coaching staff you won't go far. When we had Cogdell we went to states twice and pretty much owned the district except for the old glory days of Cypress Bay. Talent was consistently coming in and out. When Cogdell left we stayed optimistic but things just went worser being disqualified from the playoffs and the next year not making the playoffs. Don't you all remember how good Northwestern was, shoot you couldn't beat them to save your life and not look at them. My point is without a good coach you won't make it far.

My personal opinion on Miramar is the coaching staff. South Florida is completely different or maybe it's the same being that I rarely keep up with Central, North and the panhandle. But yeah if you don't have the right coaching staff you won't go far. When we had Cogdell we went to states twice and pretty much owned the district except for the old glory days of Cypress Bay. Talent was consistently coming in and out. When Cogdell left we stayed optimistic but things just went worser being disqualified from the playoffs and the next year not making the playoffs. Don't you all remember how good Northwestern was, shoot you couldn't beat them to save your life and not look at them. My point is without a good coach you won't make it far.

100% correct. All the talent in the world will get you only so far even if you get it to stay home. Before Darlington, Apopka's best year was a semi-final loss to Manatee who went on to get crushed by South Ridge in the state title game. Since Darlington, we have been to the State title game 4 times winning 3. We have also lost in the semis twice. I don't think Apopka's talent level has changed much over the past thirty years. Warren Sapp, Sammy Smith, Jeremy Rudolph, etc. were great ball players. But till we had an excellent staff in place, we just could not get over the hump. 

100% correct. All the talent in the world will get you only so far even if you get it to stay home. Before Darlington, Apopka's best year was a semi-final loss to Manatee who went on to get crushed by South Ridge in the state title game. Since Darlington, we have been to the State title game 4 times winning 3. We have also lost in the semis twice. I don't think Apopka's talent level has changed much over the past thirty years. Warren Sapp, Sammy Smith, Jeremy Rudolph, etc. were great ball players. But till we had an excellent staff in place, we just could not get over the hump.

Gonna make a top 25?

Gonna make a top 25?

A top 25, all classifications:

1.  St Thomas Aquinas

2.  Miami Central

3.  Booker T. Washington Miami

4.  American Heritage Plantation

5.  Apopka

6.  Mainland

7.  Trinity Christian

8.  Orange City University

9.  Flanagan

10. Fort Pierce Central

11. Dr. Phillips

12. Escambia

13. Miami Southridge

14. Carol City

15. Cocoa

16. Bishop Moore

17. Armwood

18. Dwyer

19. Heritage Palm Bay

20. Boca Raton

21. Deerfield Beach

22. Winter Park

23. Manatee

24. Bolles

25. Columbia

Others to consider: Oak Ridge, South Dade, Columbus, West Orange, Niceville, St. Augustine, Boyd Anderson, Braden River, Plant, Naples, Miramar, Lakeland, Osceola, Vero Beach, The First Academy. 

1. St Thomas Aquinas

2. Miami Central

3. Booker T. Washington Miami

4. American Heritage Plantation

5. Apopka

6. Mainland

7. Trinity Christian

8. Orange City University

9. Flanagan

10. Fort Pierce Central

11. Dr. Phillips

12. Escambia

13. Miami Southridge

14. Carol City

15. Cocoa

16. Bishop Moore

17. Armwood

18. Dwyer

19. Heritage Palm Bay

20. Boca Raton

21. Deerfield Beach

22. Winter Park

23. Manatee

24. Bolles

25. Columbia

Others to consider: Oak Ridge, South Dade, Columbus, West Orange, Niceville, St. Augustine, Boyd Anderson, Braden River, Plant, Naples, Miramar, Lakeland, Osceola, Vero Beach, The First Academy.

I think escambia is too high on that list, they lost like 4 games in a row to end season and miss playoffs but their best athleate was a senior, odds are escambia wins about Haft their games this year

1.  St Thomas Aquinas

2.  Miami Central

3.  Booker T. Washington Miami

4.  American Heritage Plantation

5.  Apopka

6.  Mainland

7.  Trinity Christian

8.  Orange City University

9.  Flanagan

10. Fort Pierce Central

11. Dr. Phillips

12. Escambia

13. Miami Southridge

14. Carol City

15. Cocoa

16. Bishop Moore

17. Armwood

18. Dwyer

19. Heritage Palm Bay

20. Boca Raton

21. Deerfield Beach

22. Winter Park

23. Manatee

24. Bolles

25. Columbia

Deerfield should be top 10 imo. Dwyer top 15.... Boca maybe a couple spots higher.

1. St Thomas Aquinas

2. Miami Central

3. Booker T. Washington Miami

4. American Heritage Plantation

5. Apopka

6. Mainland

7. Trinity Christian

8. Orange City University

9. Flanagan

10. Fort Pierce Central

11. Dr. Phillips

12. Escambia

13. Miami Southridge

14. Carol City

15. Cocoa

16. Bishop Moore

17. Armwood

18. Dwyer

19. Heritage Palm Bay

20. Boca Raton

21. Deerfield Beach

22. Winter Park

23. Manatee

24. Bolles

25. Columbia

1. STA

2. Miami Central

3. AHP

4.TCA

5. Apopka

6.BTW

7.Mainland

8.Carol City

9.Armwood

10.Flannigan

11.Orange City

12.Miami Southridge

13.Bishop Moore

14.Dr. Phillips

15.Dwyer

16.Ft Pierce

17.Deerfield Beach

18.Mannatee

19.Boca Raton

20.Columbia

21.Bishop Moore

22.Vero Beach

23.Naples

24.Boyd Anderson

25.Miami Jackson

As for Miami jackson they pass the eye test when I seen them... Sleeper!!!

1. STA

2. Miami Central

3. AHP

4.TCA

5. Apopka

6.BTW

7.Mainland

8.Carol City

9.Armwood

10.Flannigan

11.Orange City

12.Miami Southridge

13.Bishop Moore

14.Dr. Phillips

15.Dwyer

16.Ft Pierce

17.Deerfield Beach

18.Mannatee

19.Boca Raton

20.Columbia

21.Bishop Moore

22.Vero Beach

23.Naples

24.Boyd Anderson

25.Miami Jackson

As for Miami jackson they pass the eye test when I seen them... Sleeper!!!

Agree with Miami Jackson but the team people are sleeping on (but they are not really a sleeper) is Miami Northwestern!  Don't write Miami Columbus off either!

Agree with Miami Jackson but the team people are sleeping on (but they are not really a sleeper) is Miami Northwestern! Don't write Miami Columbus off either!

Trust me I didn't forget about them 2 schools... Their acutually 26 and 27 lol !!