Preseason top 25 large classes (5-8A)

DisabledAccount

We are coming off 12-2 it's not that out of realm of possibility to be ranked top 25

Columbus is coming off a 13-2 season, was definitely a better team last year than Columbia while playing a harder schedule - although Columbus is currently in a slightly down/rebuilding  year-   still has a more loaded roster and better coaching than Columbia.

Columbus is also a more consistent team versus superior competition the last few years than Columbia.

Am I outside the realm of possibility that Columbus is a top 25 team and stronger than Columbia in 2016?

Columbus is coming off a 13-2 season, was definitely a better team last year than Columbia while playing a harder schedule - although Columbus is currently in a slightly down/rebuilding year- still has a more loaded roster and better coaching than Columbia.

Columbus is also a more consistent team versus superior competition the last few years than Columbia.

Am I outside the realm of possibility that Columbus is a top 25 team and stronger than Columbia in 2016?

You put us as top 25 before last year when we coming off 8-3? Seems like this year we would be more deserving of top 25

You put us as top 25 before last year when we coming off 8-3? Seems like this year we would be more deserving of top 25

Even though this is a "preseason " poll which to me represents where I feel the teams are heading into the season-not necessarily how they will finish the season-  I feel pretty confident that I was fairly close with where I had Columbia last year and where they finished. ....I have Columbia on the bubble this year with Bishop Moore and Plant. Previous year W-L record is only part of the formula for me. If that were the case I would not have 5-5 Miami Northwestern in my top 25 and above 12-2 Columbia.

I think I was fair with where I placed Columbia.  Time will tell....

FL 5A - 8A

STA

Miami Central 

Southridge

AHP

Mainland

Carol City

Armwood

Apopka

Northwestern

Deerfield Beach

Columbus

Dr. Phillips

Dwyer

West Orange

Lakeland

University Orange City

Boyd Anderson

Flanagan

Mandarin

Plant City

Navarre

Sandalwood

Miramar

Osceola -Kissimmee

Niceville

Others of notice (Bishop Moore, Columbia, Plant, Lake Brantley, Piper, Boca Raton, Fort Pierce Central, PB Gardens, Tampa Jesuit, Kathleen, Mater Academy, Bartram Trail, Pine Forest, Miami Jackson, Sebastian River, Killian, Vero Beach, Venice, Coral Gables, Viera, Charlotte, Braden River, Dillard, Fort Myers)

Even though this is a "preseason " poll which to me represents where I feel the teams are heading into the season-not necessarily how they will finish the season- I feel pretty confident that I was fairly close with where I had Columbia last year and where they finished. ....I have Columbia on the bubble this year with Bishop Moore and Plant. Previous year W-L record is only part of the formula for me. If that were the case I would not have 5-5 Miami Northwestern in my top 25 and above 12-2 Columbia.

I assure you we will be as competitive this year as last year 😉

I assure you we will be as competitive this year as last year

I would hope so.  The due factor has to kick in eventually. The amount of times Columbia has gone to the playoffs coming out empty handed is at the point where they may as well change there team mascot to the "Cubs".

Do you feel Columbia will be as strong as neighboring 1A Madison County this year?

I would hope so. The due factor has to kick in eventually. The amount of times Columbia has gone to the playoffs coming out empty handed is at the point where they may as well change there team mascot to the "Cubs".

Do you feel Columbia will be as strong as neighboring 1A Madison County this year?

Hahaha we not that snakebit of a program to be the cubs and it's been 49 years not 80 and do you mean if we would beat Madision if we played answer is yes but is that what you mean by it?

Hahaha we not that snakebit of a program to be the cubs and it's been 49 years not 80 and do you mean if we would beat Madision if we played answer is yes but is that what you mean by it?

If you continue to have a competitive program and continue to see the post-season -something has to give eventually....

I ask about Madison County because I am trying to learn about programs from that area.  I only see Madison County and Columbia in that area as competitive teams from that region of FL. Maybe a couple in Tally, Gainesville an PCola.  I hope Columbia represents this year because North of Orlando and West of Jacksonville needs to really get with the program.  They have been struggling to compete of late.  Madison County and Trenton are very competitive though.

Give me your top ten - north of Orlando and west of Jacksonville.

If you continue to have a competitive program and continue to see the post-season -something has to give eventually....

I ask about Madison County because I am trying to learn about programs from that area. I only see Madison County and Columbia in that area as competitive teams from that region of FL. Maybe a couple in Tally, Gainesville an PCola. I hope Columbia represents this year because North of Orlando and West of Jacksonville needs to really get with the program. They have been struggling to compete of late. Madison County and Trenton are very competitive though.

Give me your top ten - north of Orlando and west of Jacksonville.

So essentially top 10 north central plus tally?

Top 20 All

1. STA

2. Miami Central

3. American Heritage Plantation

4. Apopka

5. BTW

6. Trinity Christian

7. Mainland

8. Deerfield Beach

9. Orange City Univ.

10. Dr.phillips

11. Southridge

12. Dwyer

13. Cocoa

14. Bishop Moore

15. Chaminade-Madonna

16. Carol City

17. Manatee

18. Columbia

19. Boca Raton

20. Palm Beach Gardens

Oh and btw cubs haven't even been to title game since 45' if I remember correctly but we went in 97' so our drought not nearly that bad, buddy

So is that a plus that you have made the playoffs 15X since 1997 and you have not even  PARTICIPATED at a title game?  That justifies even a bigger drought that you can't even win the North in 15 tries. ;-)

Top 20 All

1. STA

2. Miami Central

3. American Heritage Plantation

4. Apopka

5. BTW

6. Trinity Christian

7. Mainland

8. Deerfield Beach

9. Orange City Univ.

10. Dr.phillips

11. Southridge

12. Dwyer

13. Cocoa

14. Bishop Moore

15. Chaminade-Madonna

16. Carol City

17. Manatee

18. Columbia

19. Boca Raton

20. Palm Beach Gardens

Cocoa over Carol City is interesting.

So is that a plus that you have made the playoffs 15X since 1997 and you have not even PARTICIPATED at a title game? That justifies even a bigger drought that you can't even win the North in 15 tries. ;-)

About how many teams can you name who made playoffs more times since?

About how many teams can you name who made playoffs more times since?

Very few.... but that shows how horrible the football is in that region of FL or the coaching has been horrendous.   Lakeland and Plant have been down for years.  No Osceola or Niceville anymore - what gives?  What does Columbia need to happen to win states?  What does Columbia need to happen just to GET to states?

Regional Finalist 9 X in the last 20 years and NEVER won States??? 7 Regional Final appearances in 9 years in that span?   Are you kidding me ? 

Lipstick on a pig, tallest short guy , hottest ugly girl or all of the above?

Columbia is consistently and historically a very  good team in a bad part of FL HS Football.   The playoff numbers speak for themselves.

Very few.... but that shows how horrible the football is in that region of FL or the coaching has been horrendous. Lakeland and Plant have been down for years. No Osceola or Niceville anymore - what gives? What does Columbia need to happen to win states? What does Columbia need to happen just to GET to states?

Regional Finalist 9 X in the last 20 years and NEVER won States??? Are you kidding me ?

Lipstick on a pig, tallest short guy or hottest ugly girl or all of the above?

Columbia is consistently and historically a very good team in a bad part of FL HS Football. The playoff numbers speak for themselves.

Our coaches put in more time then any of those other schools and probley more then most of the teams who won states, As for the losses who knows, maybe it's just as simple as crap happens and things just go wrong, I remember st Augustine as a clear example, we left a player behind and drove 10.minutes before having to turn around and come back then when going to Jacksonville to eat one bus went one way and one went another so we had to eat at 2 different places then one of bus lost key and spent 20 minutes looking on ground of parking lot before realizing it was on the bus and then arrived late, So for some reason things Dont go right for us, you tell me how to fix that from happening?

Our coaches put in more time then any of those other schools and probley more then most of the teams who won states, As for the losses who knows, maybe it's just as simple as crap happens and things just go wrong, I remember st Augustine as a clear example, we left a player behind and drove 10.minutes before having to turn around and come back then when going to Jacksonville to eat one bus went one way and one went another so we had to eat at 2 different places then one of bus lost key and spent 20 minutes looking on ground of parking lot before realizing it was on the bus and then arrived late, So for some reason things Dont go right for us, you tell me how to fix that from happening?

You won't understand this one but:

Cousin-Oliver.jpg

It sounds as if Oliver is a Columbia fan...

What are your thoughts on Pine Forest and Dunnelon?

I thought I heard Wakulla took a pretty big loss of Seniors and talent.

Heard from a expert in this board of that region that pine Forrest should be alright and not familiar with dunnelon, as for Wakulla they are in a not too challenging region with best teams appear to be rickards, Suwannee and ribault if I remember correctly so even if they lost talent they should still be able to handle that area

And how it our fault that teams in north have underachieve? Not our fault Gainesville hasent hit 2012 form again, not our fault no one is scared of Lincoln or st Augustine or Bolles anymore, lol just saying, we can only control how we do, not our fault or our problem that those teams haven't been at full form