Preseason top 25 large classes (5-8A)

DisabledAccount

And how it our fault that teams in north have underachieve? Not our fault Gainesville hasent hit 2012 form again, not our fault no one is scared of Lincoln or st Augustine or Bolles anymore, lol just saying, we can only control how we do, not our fault or our problem that those teams haven't been at full form

Forget about the rest of the north.  It is Columbia's fault that Columbia underachieves.  Take a look at the amount of times Columbia has made the playoffs, won Districts, and been to Regional finals in recent years and you have your answer.  Perhaps they are not underachieving...perhaps they are paper tigers against the big boys?

Take a team like Dwyer.  Been around since 1991.  Like Columbia consistently a very good team and have to get through strong teams like STA for the most part every post-season.  Eventually they find a way to get through (2009 and 2013) and become State Champions.  Call it what you want..STA was down - whatever.  Dwyer took full advantage of opportunity and took care of business.

If Columbia is  going to get to Regionals 9X , or 7X in 9 years - at least take care of business once!

Most people will agree that Dwyer is a much more accomplished program than Columbia for reasons like that. 

I still in high school so no I wasent born before 1980 lol

Well, you know Columbia football's history pretty damn good for a HS student.  

I don't know your position with the Columbia team but if you are not playing, have you considered trying to organize a boosters club, fundraisers or other ways you can help Columbia?  You should look into opportunity to bettering the Columbia program because you have a lot to offer and could make a difference-100%!

Well, you know Columbia football's history pretty damn good for a HS student.  

I don't know your position with the Columbia team but if you are not playing, have you considered trying to organize a boosters club, fundraisers or other ways you can help Columbia?  You should look into opportunity to bettering the Columbia program because you have a lot to offer and could make a difference-100%!

to answer your curiousity no im not a player but i am at all the games and all the pratices during the season and we have a booster club that spends a lot of time trying to get money for the program but we also have tons of expenses and we also seem to struggle over last few years to sell out our stadium, in fact i dont think we even passed haftway attendence until the bartram trail game, which back in like in early 2000s we sold out the stadium weekly, now had we been able to keep doing that we probley would have bought a coach bus by now lol, but i am currently planning on making a historical site and i run a fb fan group but takes time to get that to where i want it to be and i probley will get offically in with the booster club next year once i graduate

Love the Oliver pic Broward...ha ! Don't know much about Columbia, but maybe you should reach out to Charlotte people from 02 season, Lakeland's blueprint of beating STA IN 04,05,06. Or Manatee knocking them out in 2009 when STA was #1 in nation riding a 37 game winning streak. Cause to beat STA this year, you better have a great staff, JIMMY AND JOE'S, and solid ST's. Just saying.

We have the coaching so Jimmy and Joes probley offense and defense and I know our DL will be stout and the rest of defense will develop around that and talent on there is still on the offense, ST I can't lie, the kickoff coverage singlehandedly cost us against Viera, don't beilive it, go back and watch tape, it was painfully obvious which phase put the nail in the coffin

Very few.... but that shows how horrible the football is in that region of FL or the coaching has been horrendous.   Lakeland and Plant have been down for years.  No Osceola or Niceville anymore - what gives?  What does Columbia need to happen to win states?  What does Columbia need to happen just to GET to states?

Regional Finalist 9 X in the last 20 years and NEVER won States??? 7 Regional Final appearances in 9 years in that span?   Are you kidding me ? 

Lipstick on a pig, tallest short guy , hottest ugly girl or all of the above?

Columbia is consistently and historically a very  good team in a bad part of FL HS Football.   The playoff numbers speak for themselves.

I wouldn't say it's bad part of Fl for high school football. The reason there are more good teams in the south is that there are so many more schools.  Take the Jacksonville schools out of the north and you will find very few schools. Tallahassee/Leon County for example has only has only 8 high schools. That is the biggest metropolitan area up here.  I think what hurts the larger schools is the lack of similar sized competition.  Just some info on state champions out of North Florida excluding Jax/St Augustine and everything south of Chiefland.

2000- 4A Pine Forest    1A North Fl Christian

2001- 4A Lincoln   2A Madison Co  1A NFC

2005- 1A Port St Joe

2006-  1B  FAMU

2007- 2A  Madison Co

2008- 1A NFC

2009- 3A Pensacola

2010- 4A Lincoln

2011- 2A NFC  1A Jefferson Co

2012- 5A Godby  1A Northview

2013- 1A Trenton

2014 -1A Port St Joe

2015- 1A Trenton

The championships are mostly in the smaller classes but there is quality football played in north Florida. If you throw in Jacksonville the numbers really jump. I think the north does pretty good considering the sparse population.

I wouldn't say it's bad part of Fl for high school football. The reason there are more good teams in the south is that there are so many more schools.  Take the Jacksonville schools out of the north and you will find very few schools. Tallahassee/Leon County for example has only has only 8 high schools. That is the biggest metropolitan area up here.  I think what hurts the larger schools is the lack of similar sized competition.  Just some info on state champions out of North Florida excluding Jax/St Augustine and everything south of Chiefland.

2000- 4A Pine Forest    1A North Fl Christian

2001- 4A Lincoln   2A Madison Co  1A NFC

2005- 1A Port St Joe

2006-  1B  FAMU

2007- 2A  Madison Co

2008- 1A NFC

2009- 3A Pensacola

2010- 4A Lincoln

2011- 2A NFC  1A Jefferson Co

2012- 5A Godby  1A Northview

2013- 1A Trenton

2014 -1A Port St Joe

2015- 1A Trenton

The championships are mostly in the smaller classes but there is quality football played in north Florida. If you throw in Jacksonville the numbers really jump. I think the north does pretty good considering the sparse population.

I understand that there are not as many schools in that area as in the south, but how many 1A and 2A schools are there in South Florida?  It goes both ways...

Most of those wins that you list are 1A and 2A.  Now multiply all of those years by 6-8 because there were 6-8 Divisions for all of those years.  There is quality football played in North Forida but it is very sparse.  Let's be honest, the top small class teams in that region are basically as good or better than the top large class teams. Give me Trenton and Madison County the last two years and you can have Columbia and whoever...

My discussion with columbiahighfan is simply stating that if you look at how many attempts Columbia has had to win the North (regardless how good or bad it is) they have been a failure.  How would you explain going to Regional Finals  9X in 18 years and not winning once?  How would explain going to Regionals 7X in 9 years and NOT winning once?  The topic at hand is now strictly NORTH football (regardless how good or bad it is).  I'm not even talking the south or states right now.   Why can't Columbia win Regionals on so many attempts?    

Now that said, is it fair to argue that these failures are due to poor coaching or a poor region?  Please advise the other reason (or excuse) that it may be?    I don't want to hear Lakeland or Plant anymore.  They have not been the power they were for years now and Osceola and Niceville are gone now as well.  So please feel free to advise?

Jacksonville is a whole different animal.  Lots of talent over there.  

We have the coaching so Jimmy and Joes probley offense and defense and I know our DL will be stout and the rest of defense will develop around that and talent on there is still on the offense, ST I can't lie, the kickoff coverage singlehandedly cost us against Viera, don't beilive it, go back and watch tape, it was painfully obvious which phase put the nail in the coffin

By any chance do you have any film, videos, articles or especially a box score of that game? 

Is it possible Viera was also the best team that Columbia played in 2015?

By any chance do you have any film, videos, articles or especially a box score of that game?

Is it possible Viera was also the best team that Columbia played in 2015?

The best team we played was Apopka and I recall that game was streamed live on a online network, I'll go find out name of it and get back to you

I understand that there are not as many schools in that area as in the south, but how many 1A and 2A schools are there in South Florida? It goes both ways...

Most of those wins that you list are 1A and 2A. Now multiply all of those years by 6-8 because there were 6-8 Divisions for all of those years. There is quality football played in North Forida but it is very sparse. Let's be honest, the top small class teams in that region are basically as good or better than the top large class teams. Give me Trenton and Madison County the last two years and you can have Columbia and whoever...

My discussion with columbiahighfan is simply stating that if you look at how many attempts Columbia has had to win the North (regardless how good or bad it is) they have been a failure. How would you explain going to Regional Finals 9X in 18 years and not winning once? How would explain going to Regionals 7X in 9 years and NOT winning once? The topic at hand is now strictly NORTH football (regardless how good or bad it is). I'm not even talking the south or states right now. Why can't Columbia win Regionals on so many attempts?

Now that said, is it fair to argue that these failures are due to poor coaching or a poor region? Please advise the other reason (or excuse) that it may be? I don't want to hear Lakeland or Plant anymore. They have not been the power they were for years now and Osceola and Niceville are gone now as well. So please feel free to advise?

Jacksonville is a whole different animal. Lots of talent over there.

The reason we lose is our team goes cold at wrong time

The best team we played was Apopka and I recall that game was streamed live on a online network, I'll go find out name of it and get back to you

Apopka?  Really, you want to compare a pre-season game that does not count versus a 7A Regional Final game.   I am talking regular season or playoffs.  Sorry for the confusion.

Apopka? Really, you want to compare a pre-season game that does not count versus a 7A Regional Final game. I am talking regular season or playoffs. Sorry for the confusion.

All you said was did I think Viera was best team we played all year, and the simple answer is no, Apopka would have beaten them by at least 2tds

So we should start cloning players who can't make mistakes in games?

I don't know....as CAR ONE pointed out earlier watch the Charlotte '02 season, Lakeland 04,05,06, Manatee 2009.  

Look at other North Regional Champions in your Class and others.  Did they have better Coaching or talent than Columbia - or was it just 9 opportunities of bad luck?

Are you able to reload like other Regional or State Champions?  If the answer is no than that may be part of your answer.  Sorry.

I don't know....as CAR ONE pointed out earlier watch the Charlotte '02 season, Lakeland 04,05,06, Manatee 2009.

Look at other North Regional Champions in your Class and others. Did they have better Coaching or talent than Columbia - or was it just 9 opportunities of bad luck?

Are you able to reload like other Regional or State Champions? If the answer is no than that may be part of your answer. Sorry.

Most of them just had better luck and we lose on average 15-20 players a year, 2014 we lost 23 seniors and 2015 went 3 rounds further, does that answer question of being able to reload?

All you said was did I think Viera was best team we played all year, and the simple answer is no, Apopka would have beaten them by at least 2tds

Well, perhaps Viera was playing very good at the time and would have played Apopka tough in late November?  

If  you feel Apopka  would have beat Viera but at least 2 TDs, they likely would have beat Columbia at least as bad.  Apopka was out early in 8A North this year so what does that say/tell you about 7A North?

I understand that there are not as many schools in that area as in the south, but how many 1A and 2A schools are there in South Florida?  It goes both ways...

Most of those wins that you list are 1A and 2A.  Now multiply all of those years by 6-8 because there were 6-8 Divisions for all of those years.  There is quality football played in North Forida but it is very sparse.  Let's be honest, the top small class teams in that region are basically as good or better than the top large class teams. Give me Trenton and Madison County the last two years and you can have Columbia and whoever...

My discussion with columbiahighfan is simply stating that if you look at how many attempts Columbia has had to win the North (regardless how good or bad it is) they have been a failure.  How would you explain going to Regional Finals  9X in 18 years and not winning once?  How would explain going to Regionals 7X in 9 years and NOT winning once?  The topic at hand is now strictly NORTH football (regardless how good or bad it is).  I'm not even talking the south or states right now.   Why can't Columbia win Regionals on so many attempts?    

Now that said, is it fair to argue that these failures are due to poor coaching or a poor region?  Please advise the other reason (or excuse) that it may be?    I don't want to hear Lakeland or Plant anymore.  They have not been the power they were for years now and Osceola and Niceville are gone now as well.  So please feel free to advise?

Jacksonville is a whole different animal.  Lots of talent over there.  

If you look at the list a lot of the same teams kept popping up. The Pensacola area has puzzled me at one time that was some of the best HS football anywhere but now not that good. I don't know if it has to do with the military cutbacks in the area or what.  Panama City area teams have been weak for a while. Lincoln was good for a while but when Chiles opened in Tally it really seemed to hurt Lincoln.  There is still quality ball played in Gainesville.  Wakulla is traditionally strong.  1A  is the strongpoint and they are able to compete with some of the larger schools,. I can't really explain the falloff at the bigger schools in recent years but I think having the right coach is key.

Most of them just had better luck and we lose on average 15-20 players a year, 2014 we lost 23 seniors and 2015 went 3 rounds further, does that answer question of being able to reload?

Whoah...Calm down there cowboy

Is this how Columbia reloads?

51FgpPq%2BH5L._AC_UL320_SR292,320_.jpg

Anyway, there is nothing out of the ordinary for those numbers relative to a team consistently being a Regional Finalist. 

Well, perhaps Viera was playing very good at the time and would have played Apopka tough in late November?

If you feel Apopka would have beat Viera but at least 2 TDs, they likely would have beat Columbia at least as bad. Apopka was out early in 8A North this year so what does that say/tell you about 7A North?

They might have, we will never know