Preseason top 25 large classes (5-8A)

DisabledAccount

Look, the score was 35-17 per maxpreps at the start of the 4th qtr. Columbia scored 6 and Viera scored 7 in the 4th qtr, so even if you scored your 6 first it's not a 4 point game. If you scored first that makes the score 35-23 still a 2td game. So your story sounds good it just doesn't seem to be true. Long story short Columbia football equals the tallest midget in the room.

Look, the score was 35-17 per maxpreps at the start of the 4th qtr. Columbia scored 6 and Viera scored 7 in the 4th qtr, so even if you scored your 6 first it's not a 4 point game. If you scored first that makes the score 35-23 still a 2td game. So your story sounds good it just doesn't seem to be true. Long story short Columbia football equals the tallest midget in the room.

And maxpreps is totally the best source out there, its even better them someone who saw the game a few feet from them, 2 of the scores from 2014 were wrong just for our team so I'm sure they have hundreds of errors on there but go ahead and trust them lol

Captain i now no longer blame you for the confusion, at end of day maxpreps is spotty at best when it comes to information but Ik that viera scored 2 tds off special teams in the 4th because I watched from the sideline as the game fell away so Ik that they bootched that score

I just can't see any team in the panhandle that will be better than Pine Forest. They are loaded and hungry to win. Bent on how they finished last season. Embarrassed by the way they played @Trinity Christian Jacksonville. I think they lost by 10 to trinity. They will get another shot this year @home vs. Trinity.

As for Escambia, they should be good at skill positions. And they'll still run the triple option which is hard to prepare for. But they will mix in more passing with the addition of transfer QB Z.Blocker from Catholic. I think the recent hype with Escambia is because they recently won a 7on7 against many local teams. Nice to win but I would remind them that Gulf Breeze beat Niceville last year in 7on7's so... I question whether Escambia will be good enough in the trenches. So Columbia fan if you guys are strong up front, that could be the difference.

I guess Pine Forest is my sleeper pick. I see people picking other panhandle teams ahead of them and I just don't see it. I'll put together my panhandle top 20 with explanations on each team.

Disclaimer; I don't want to discredit anyone else's picks or opinions. I certainly don't know it all. This is just for fun. But I do follow local high school football, probably a little too much.

I just can't see any team in the panhandle that will be better than Pine Forest. They are loaded and hungry to win. Bent on how they finished last season. Embarrassed by the way they played @Trinity Christian Jacksonville. I think they lost by 10 to trinity. They will get another shot this year @home vs. Trinity.

As for Escambia, they should be good at skill positions. And they'll still run the triple option which is hard to prepare for. But they will mix in more passing with the addition of transfer QB Z.Blocker from Catholic. I think the recent hype with Escambia is because they recently won a 7on7 against many local teams. Nice to win but I would remind them that Gulf Breeze beat Niceville last year in 7on7's so... I question whether Escambia will be good enough in the trenches. So Columbia fan if you guys are strong up front, that could be the difference.

I guess Pine Forest is my sleeper pick. I see people picking other panhandle teams ahead of them and I just don't see it. I'll put together my panhandle top 20 with explanations on each team.

Disclaimer; I don't want to discredit anyone else's picks or opinions. I certainly don't know it all. This is just for fun. But I do follow local high school football, probably a little too much.

Good to have you on board Panhandlecola, nice to have a pcola perspective.

Our DL will be one of best in north Florida and we getting a transfer at outside linebacker who will join our talented upcoming sophmore on pass rush to be best outside combo in area

• 3 weeks later...

1:STA

2:Miami central

3:AHP

4:Mainland

5:Carol city

6:Apopka

7:Southridge

8:Sandalwood

9:Columbia

10:West Orange

11:Deerfield beach

12:Northwestern

13:Dr Phillips

14:Columbus

15:Armwood

16:Dwyer

17:Lakeland

18:Osceola

19:FPC

20:Bishiop morre

21:Vero beach

22:Vanguard

23:Wakulla

24:Miramar

25:Ribault

Updated list a little bit since last time

1. STA

2. Miami Central

3. AHP

4. Armwood

5. Mainland

6. Carol city

7. Columbia

8. Flanagan

9. Columbus

10. Southridge

11. Manatee

12. Apopka

13. Boyd Anderson

14. Braden River

15. Dwyer

16. OC University

17. Dr Phillips

18. Vanguard

19. Wakulla

20. Lakeland

21. Deerfield Beach

22. Sandlewood

23. Vero beach

24. Ribault

25. Venice

1. STA

2. Miami Central

3. AHP

4. Armwood

5. Mainland

6. Carol city

7. Columbia

8. Flanagan

9. Columbus

10. Southridge

11. Manatee

12. Apopka

13. Boyd Anderson

14. Braden River

15. Dwyer

16. OC University

17. Dr Phillips

18. Vanguard

19. Wakulla

20. Lakeland

21. Deerfield Beach

22. Sandlewood

23. Vero beach

24. Ribault

25. Venice

Boyd Anderson at 13 & deerfield in their over Dillard.! Didnt even make the top 25 wen in reality their Just as Good if not better then Boyd anderson Right now !?? & Deerfield.! Ummm what did they do or Gain this offseason & also the last time i checked they didnt make any noise in the playoffs so i dont understand these Rankings when it comes down to CERTAIN teams ....especially when COLUMBIA makes them No disrespect u my Dawg Bro but u even said ya Self Your not Familiar with Atleast 98 percent of South Florida Teams or What their About ...i mean u thought plantion high was AHP lol But 4 the most part the list is legit but if your gonna have BA at 13 dillard should atleast be on the list somewhere ALL IM SAYN.

Boyd Anderson at 13 & deerfield in their over Dillard.! Didnt even make the top 25 wen in reality their Just as Good if not better then Boyd anderson Right now !?? & Deerfield.! Ummm what did they do or Gain this offseason & also the last time i checked they didnt make any noise in the playoffs so i dont understand these Rankings when it comes down to CERTAIN teams ....especially when COLUMBIA makes them No disrespect u my Dawg Bro but u even said ya Self Your not Familiar with Atleast 98 percent of South Florida Teams or What their About ...i mean u thought plantion high was AHP lol But 4 the most part the list is legit but if your gonna have BA at 13 dillard should atleast be on the list somewhere ALL IM SAYN.

you must be thinking of columbiahighfan because I never said I wasn't familiar with 98 percent of south florida teams or even thought plantation high was AHP lol

Ok turns out I didn't but made changes to list

1:STA

2:Miami central

3:AHP

4:Mainland

5:Carol city

6:Apopka

7:Southridge

8:Sandalwood

9:Columbia

10:West Orange

11:Deerfield beach