The Best All Things Columbia Related Thread

DisabledAccount

Sure ...there's your 1 in 5,000. Now let me know how the 3 and 4* players panned out versus the no star players?

Well yeah it's not always but it does happen and ik I have seen stories of unranked players coming to the top later on but you are right. There are more success generally with high ranked vs low ranked

With talent pool south Florida gets in the end the teams in north Florida who would have won in a different era might not even come close in today's game

Supposedly , that is all supposed to change in the future with the new transfer rules coming.  We'll see.   There are good teams in North Florida but just not close to as many. Armwood and TCA to me are the only elite teams north of Orlando for 2016.  To me there are bout 10 very good and good teams after that.  Columbia being one of them.

Well Armwood location is essentially Tampa so Tampa vs Miami who would have better talent pool?

Well the only elite team north of Orlando for 2016 is TCA then.  Armwood is located in between Orlando and Tampa and right near Lakeland.  That is a pretty damn good talent pool.

Tampa versus Miami?  That is a joke of a comparison.

Compare Tampa to Palm Beach maybe...

Now if you compare Miami to Tampa, Orlando and Lakeland..That is a different story.  Especially  when there are several competing schools right next to Central that also have loaded rosters and a shot at making a state title run.   

Armwood area - not so much.  So any high rated player in the far west Orlando, far east Tampa and Lakeland area knows where the moxie is at.

Found 2 but I will admit it wasent easy to find so yeah you are right. Most of time stars are good indicators of future success,

http://247sports.com/Player/Carson-Wentz-84959

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/19019

Now if you said to me "how do the recruiters differentiate the future success and abilities of a 3* versus a 5*"  - that is a good point.   Columbia had several 2-3* type guys last year on their roster with lots of juniors and seniors.  I am not surprised they ate a 4* sophomore QB for lunch with little talent around him.

Now if you said to me "how do the recruiters differentiate the future success and abilities of a 3* versus a 5*" - that is a good point. Columbia had several 2-3* type guys last year on their roster with lots of juniors and seniors. I am not surprised they ate a 4* sophomore QB for lunch with little talent around him.

Thats not even counting our momentum at the time or our motivation or coaching which those 3 are huge factors in a high school football game

Columbia beat Bartram Trail because they weren't very good. I've seen that kid in person, he looks great on the hoof but not sure how good a Qb he is just yet. What you have to realize Columbia is the difference between being good and being Elite! Columbia, GHS, Niceville, N Marion and teams like that are really good. They make the playoffs and in their part of the state they are thought of highly, but none of those teams are elite. Elite teams beat the best teams they play, not every time but enough. The teams I mentioned hardly ever beat the best teams they play. I think you get offended when people cast off Columbia as not being Elite, it's because they aren't. That doesn't mean they aren't good and you shouldn't be proud of them. But when people talk grand scheme of things in the state Columbia is not going to be mentioned. A few years ago Trenton was in the same boat, they lost in the region finals then the state finals= not elite. Win a state title, then another one= Elite. Just my take on the situation, love the conversation though.

Columbia beat Bartram Trail because they weren't very good. I've seen that kid in person, he looks great on the hoof but not sure how good a Qb he is just yet. What you have to realize Columbia is the difference between being good and being Elite! Columbia, GHS, Niceville, N Marion and teams like that are really good. They make the playoffs and in their part of the state they are thought of highly, but none of those teams are elite. Elite teams beat the best teams they play, not every time but enough. The teams I mentioned hardly ever beat the best teams they play. I think you get offended when people cast off Columbia as not being Elite, it's because they aren't. That doesn't mean they aren't good and you shouldn't be proud of them. But when people talk grand scheme of things in the state Columbia is not going to be mentioned. A few years ago Trenton was in the same boat, they lost in the region finals then the state finals= not elite. Win a state title, then another one= Elite. Just my take on the situation, love the conversation though.

I took it as disrespect when people were picking 5-5 and saying we couldn't hold our own anymore and no longer had the talent to make a run, I also was getting tired of a stigmatism that we are a second round team, which we broke last year we now have plenty of young talent and great coaching which will allow us to be in control in the north for a while, I been hearing a lot of good things about this team and that they might actually be more talented then last year, are we elite? Depends on how you define elite, in a historical perspective we are, being one of maybe 10 schools with 600 victories in Florida says a lot, but most see elite as a team that can beat the top teams "state champs" of your own state and other states, unfortently we have not done that, we would have to beat every team on our schedule to be considered but then again we weren't considered elite last year but still went to final 4 so I guess we will see if we can do our job which is win football games, we can worry bout opinion when we are in old folks home, I just want to win lol

Ot but why was that other topic locked?

Not sure .  It was a very common topic used here in the past that always led to the usual great debate/messages.  It would die down and get going.  Maybe the moderators do not like preseason stuff? Perhaps the moderators felt we were isolating a certain county of the state?   All I know is there was nothing inappropriate in the string.  Nothing particular that I have not seen in the past.

Perhaps it is best to keep topics and strings like that off this forum and just post them elsewhere where that topic and tone are more appropriate.

Not sure . It was a very common topic used here in the past that always led to the usual great debate/messages. It would die down and get going. Maybe the moderators do not like preseason stuff? Perhaps the moderators felt we were isolating a certain county of the state? All I know is there was nothing inappropriate in the string. Nothing particular that I have not seen in the past.

Perhaps it is best to keep topics and strings like that off this forum and just post them elsewhere where that topic and tone are more appropriate.

Well they should realise we have to do preseason stuff since no weekly football is BORING and keeps a limited amount of topics to use lol

My guess is they felt it was getting too heated but it wasent that bad, I've seen a lot worse on this board lol

Agree.  No personal negativity, no criticizing of individuals (coaches, players/athletes, officials or anyone associated with a school/team..., no foul language, CAPS, or advertising, a little heated but 110% still on topic of FL HS football, I don't know what to say...the rules of the forum were followed.   Just a reflection of where our society is going..lol.

Just remember not to go as far as we went in depth with that string in the future on this site.

Agree. No personal negativity, no criticizing of individuals (coaches, players/athletes, officials or anyone associated with a school/team..., no foul language, CAPS, or advertising, a little heated but 110% still on topic of FL HS football, I don't know what to say...the rules of the forum were followed. Just a reflection of where our society is going..lol.

Just remember not to go as far as we went in depth with that string in the future on this site.

They probley saw it went about 2 pages in that topic and saw it worse then it was but oh well lol

Here - you guys can post your Columbia/STA banter here. 

The reason the other thread was locked down is because it was going off-topic from the original topic. We don't want three pages of Columbia talk in a thread that was supposed to be discussing Broward teams. I liked the debate, it just needed it's own thread - which is something that should have been done last night as opposed to this morning and that's my bad that this thread is just now being created. 

I took it as disrespect when people were picking 5-5 and saying we couldn't hold our own anymore and no longer had the talent to make a run, I also was getting tired of a stigmatism that we are a second round team, which we broke last year we now have plenty of young talent and great coaching which will allow us to be in control in the north for a while, I been hearing a lot of good things about this team and that they might actually be more talented then last year, are we elite? Depends on how you define elite, in a historical perspective we are, being one of maybe 10 schools with 600 victories in Florida says a lot, but most see elite as a team that can beat the top teams "state champs" of your own state and other states, unfortently we have not done that, we would have to beat every team on our schedule to be considered but then again we weren't considered elite last year but still went to final 4 so I guess we will see if we can do our job which is win football games, we can worry bout opinion when we are in old folks home, I just want to win lol

I think you guys are getting to being considered an "elite" team by the standards of today's fans. Overall, yes you should be considered elite with 600+ victories, but some people don't like to look that far back. 

You are correct in the fact that you should be a pretty talented squad again this year. As for more talented than last, I don't know because my sources simply don't have that type of knowledge but I have heard that you guys should be a legit squad this year. 

Do you know what Viera is looking like? I've heard conflicting reports on that. 

Here - you guys can post your Columbia/STA banter here. 

The reason the other thread was locked down is because it was going off-topic from the original topic. We don't want three pages of Columbia talk in a thread that was supposed to be discussing Broward teams. I liked the debate, it just needed it's own thread - which is something that should have been done last night as opposed to this morning and that's my bad that this thread is just now being created. 

Makes perfect sense.  We were just concerned that we crossed the line with our tones...

I think you guys are getting to being considered an "elite" team by the standards of today's fans. Overall, yes you should be considered elite with 600+ victories, but some people don't like to look that far back.

You are correct in the fact that you should be a pretty talented squad again this year. As for more talented than last, I don't know because my sources simply don't have that type of knowledge but I have heard that you guys should be a legit squad this year.

Do you know what Viera is looking like? I've heard conflicting reports on that.

From what I seen I feel Columbia will be better then last year, last year we lived and died by the big play but this year I see us being more consistent and scoring more often then last year and I also seeing it be more balanced as well as a front 7 that could end up as best in area and even though the defensive backfield will be young if they mature and gel and if receivers and offensive line set up like they have ability to then their won't be a team in the north that will keep us out of state title game

As for viera despite them losing best player I see it being a 3 way race in region 2 between Viera, Lakeland, and plant

Region 1 is Columbia clear favorite

Region 3 is Braden river

Region 4 is STA

You get the idea lol