The Best All Things Columbia Related Thread

DisabledAccount

From what I seen I feel Columbia will be better then last year, last year we lived and died by the big play but this year I see us being more consistent and scoring more often then last year and I also seeing it be more balanced as well as a front 7 that could end up as best in area and even though the defensive backfield will be young if they mature and gel and if receivers and offensive line set up like they have ability to then their won't be a team in the north that will keep us out of state title game

As for viera despite them losing best player I see it being a 3 way race in region 2 between Viera, Lakeland, and plant

Will be interesting to see if Viera can sustain. I think they lost 27 seniors off their roster last year and most, if not all, of their big playmakers were seniors. Plant is...well....Plant. And Lakeland is offensively loaded this year with seniors at playmaking positions. They'll plug in some new O-Line and D-Line pieces. With Lakeland it's all about discipline and limiting mistakes.

Will be interesting to see if Viera can sustain. I think they lost 27 seniors off their roster last year and most, if not all, of their big playmakers were seniors. Plant is...well....Plant. And Lakeland is offensively loaded this year with seniors at playmaking positions. They'll plug in some new O-Line and D-Line pieces. With Lakeland it's all about discipline and limiting mistakes.

Lakeland is current favorite of region 2 but those only 2 teams I see being any threat to them

From what I seen I feel Columbia will be better then last year, last year we lived and died by the big play but this year I see us being more consistent and scoring more often then last year and I also seeing it be more balanced as well as a front 7 that could end up as best in area and even though the defensive backfield will be young if they mature and gel and if receivers and offensive line set up like they have ability to then their won't be a team in the north that will keep us out of state title game

As for viera despite them losing best player I see it being a 3 way race in region 2 between Viera, Lakeland, and plant

Region 1 is Columbia clear favorite

Region 3 is Braden river

Region 4 is STA

You get the idea lol

I don't see Viera quite on the level with Lakeland or Plant this year in Region 2. Viera has a fairly easy road to the Regional final this year (that is why they will likely get there).  Basically beat Harmony then South Fork/Martin County and they are in the Regional Final.  Viera to me for 2016  is more on the level of a Sickles or Kathleen.

I would not 100% pencil in Braden River in Region 3 just yet.  Plant City may have a say in that region.  Tampa Bay Tech, Venice and East Lake may try to ruffle some feathers as well.

Region 4 this year should be stronger than last year.  STA is pretty clear cut. Dwyer will be strong.  Mater Academy, McArthur will make noise and of course the likely 2 win team that always gets bashed, yet nobody wants to play- Ely.

Look fellas, we are all pationate about our teams, counties, but you have to be realistic. In 7A, right now NO TEAM CAN MATCH STA IN REGARDS TO TALENT AND DEPTH. Granted they have an absurd amount of transfers the last 2 years. STA has a tough schedule, curious to see how new staff does.

How do you feel about the Carol City , Lakeland match up this year?

How do you feel about the Carol City , Lakeland match up this year?

That is going to be a real test. Carol City has some serious athletes and is well coached. I think Lakeland might have taken them a bit lightly last season since most of the South Florida teams that come up here have not been very good (Ft. Lauderdale, Blanche Ely, etc). I think they were down 21-0 before most people were in their seats. Lakeland knows a bit more what to expect this year and I think it will be a hell of a game.

That is going to be a real test. Carol City has some serious athletes and is well coached. I think Lakeland might have taken them a bit lightly last season since most of the South Florida teams that come up here have not been very good (Ft. Lauderdale, Blanche Ely, etc). I think they were down 21-0 before most people were in their seats. Lakeland knows a bit more what to expect this year and I think it will be a hell of a game.

That what ppl from down here was saying Lakeland only play south fla teams that wasn't going to be a threat to them and once I seen Lakeland schedule them I was like Lakeland doesn't know what they got themselves into

I never said Miami central had money I said the city itself does

I'm not saying Miami Central does or doesn't have money. My question to you is what does pro sports teams have to do with Miami Central football? With over 50 high schools in Miami- Dade county, Do you really feel that taxes and profit from pro sports teams really falls into the laps of of local high school football teams?

How old are you? Ever heard of politicians, mayors, and government? How about public transportation and homeless shelters?

And you think Miami Central Football sees a small profit from the Florida Panthers....

This debate is over.

You also said me bringing up escambia is irrelevant but I wasent the one who brought them up to begin with

Next time quote " " the message. I thought you were relating it to the Viera/Columbia game that you were going back and forth on with me.

I was just thinking is North Marion a more established or wealthier program than Columbia?

How do you suppose they had the organization and funds to go play in SFL last year @ Blanche Ely?

Why can't Columbia organize something like that at a first round 7A South type team?

Maybe even a MacArthur, Mater Academy, or Belen Jesuit would be interesting?

Next time quote " " the message. I thought you were relating it to the Viera/Columbia game that you were going back and forth on with me.

I was just thinking is North Marion a more established or wealthier program than Columbia?

How do you suppose they had the organization and funds to go play in SFL last year @ Blanche Ely?

Why can't Columbia organize something like that at a first round 7A South type team?

Maybe even a MacArthur, Mater Academy, or Belen Jesuit would be interesting?

Lol we actually played ely before in a bowl game, I'll try looking in my program to give you the results on it and we have put Apopka on scedule for second year so maybe it will happen at some point even if just a kickoff game