The Best All Things Columbia Related Thread

DisabledAccount

Were the Special Teams mistakes by Columbia were onside kicks by any chance?  Also heard Columbia could not do much offensively in that game even behind their Home crowd. Correct me if I am wrong but Columbia QB threw 3 INTS in 4 possessions in the first half versus Viera?

Did the Columbia QB throw 4 INTs in the game?

Columbia  QB also dodged a pick 6 early in the 3rd qtr.  What a huge mistake by Viera - egh?  Late in the game Columbia's QB .

Very early 4th qtr, Viera scores again after a drive started by late 3rd quarter onside kick (?) making it 35-23.  Columbia gets the ball back but fails again INT! - Viera runs down their throat and milks the clock and scores again with 3 minutes left making it 42 -23.  Correct me if I am wrong but Columbia only had 1-2 drives in the 4th quarter? 

Here are some highlights of Columbia and Viera that I found for you:

http://spacecoastdaily.com/2015/12/listen-live-play-by-play-of-viera-vs-columbia-in-state-semifinal-football-action/

Does this summary seem accurate to you?

Viera 42, Columbia 23

Viera 7 14 7 14 — 42

Columbia 7 7 9 0 — 23

HOW THEY SCORED

1st Quarter

C — Jamille Bullock 19 pass from Davin Schuck (Hunter Houston kick), 5:44.

V — Jay Boyd 4 run (Trey Schaneville kick), 0:10.

2nd Quarter

V — Alex Cabrera 12 run (Schaneville kick), 9:58.

V — Don Jackson14 pass from Hayden Kingston (Schaneville kick), 4:52.

C — Dallon Washington 19 pass from Schuck (kick), 0:40.

3rd Quarter

C — Houston 28 FG, 9:01.

V — Tre Nixon 14 pass from Kingston (Schaneville kick), 2:32.

C — Latrell Williams 12 pass from Schuck (kick failed), 0:00.

4th Quarter

V — Boyd 14 pass from Kingston (Schaneville kick), 10:13.

V — Cabrera 21 pass from Kingston (Schaneville kick), 3:58.

The last 2 tds came off of 2 recoveries inside 30 off of sqwib kicks essentially that led up to the easy tds and yes their was serveral picks I think 3-4 and like 8-9 sacks

Okay so besides the special teams mistakes that led to TDs for Viera.....Does 4 TDs  thrown by the Viera QB and 4 INTs by the Columbia QB along with being sacked 8-9 times mean anything?  Did the Viera DLine and blitz packages have fun with the Columbia OL?  Does this  tell you that perhaps it was not only mistakes that led to the outcome of this game?  Is it possible the better team won?  Given the fact that a fairly non-experienced playoff team in Viera was playing away from home in front of a hostile crowd in Lake City - Home to the historic and extremely playoff experienced Columbia Tigers?

Stop it with the excuses and give credit to the better team.   

Your version of why Columbia lost this game was something like this:

il_fullxfull.333127739.jpg

Again I said nail in coffin buddy which insinuates late in the game, last time I checked games end after 4 quarters not 2 So the first Haft picks didn't nail our coffin but 2 tds coming off ST mistakes led to the final points which put us down by about 20

Columbia had no business deserving to win that game. Columbia 4 INTs and sacked 8-9 times. None.

635848685453821566-crb120415-fball-8-.jp

It depends how good Viera is. Viera was a solid team last year.

I just don't get it.... You are already licking your chips looking forward to boasting about smashing - Viera.

That attitude is exactly why many on this board consider Columbia the tallest midget.

Take care of your business, beat 'em and move on . Stop pounding your chest in a playpen.

It depends how good Viera is. Viera was a solid team last year.

I just don't get it.... You are already licking your chips looking forward to boasting about smashing - Viera.

That attitude is exactly why many on this board consider Columbia the tallest midget.

Take care of your business, beat 'em and move on . Stop pounding your chest in a playpen.

Your one bringing up a game from several months ago, I don't think I even brought up viera to begin with

• 2 weeks later...

Fair enough. But you do understand those same "share of profits " apply to all FHSAA teams. Regarding Columbia being broke...I reiterate that with all of the rich tradition and history of Columbia there should be a booster club that can help address those needs. If Coconut Creek can find a way to travel why can't Columbia?

Hasn't Columbia put like 10 guys in the NFL $$$$$$$ and a few recently?

I don't want to get too far off topic...Please feel free to put this in the " The World vs. Columbia" thread.

Hahaha maybe it is us against the world but fun for me

What you fail to realize is you compare Columbia with a talent pool in a city with 16-20k people to the other teams that have a city with over 200k to a million people and are judging us as one in the same, we are the smallest area represented in the 7a and went to final 4 in first year, if you put us in a situation of facing teams that are equal in population size to us their won't be a team that would beat us, so keep that in mind before comparing us like we got a Miami central or even a armwood talent pool to pick and choose from, how is that for facts?

And the fact you always have to go back to viera game from.last December shows how little you have to go.on, and I actually wish that game was at viera, everyone knows our crowds are better on the road then at home anyway