Best rivaries

DisabledAccount

Trenton Vs Dixie for the last 6 years, I can see this one getting better and better over the next 10 years or so, Both towns take pride in there teams and show up for the games. We just have to keep civil on both sides by not letting the kids go after one another off the field like happen this year.

That happens with most rivalries...

Battle of the Old Oaken Bucket

Columbia and Suwannee (1927)

Battle for the Old Helmet

Lafayette and Branford (1953)

Northwest Classic

Raines and Ribault (1970)

Civil War

Bradford and Baker County (1945)

Second longest rivalry

Palatka and St. Augustine (1924)

Longest rivalry

Hardee and Desoto (1923)

Boone-Edgewater (1952) Spirit Barrel

Dr. Phillips-Olympia

Pensacola-Escambia (Battle for Ye Old Washtub) 

Choctaw-FWB (1971) The Game

Manatee-Southeast (1962)

Sarasota-Riverview (1960)

Pahokee-Glades Central (Muck Bowl)

Avon Park-Sebring (1926)

Plant-Armwood

Port Charlotte-Charlotte (1982)

Mainland-Seabreeze (1966)

Lake Brantley-Lake Mary (1984)

Deland-Seminole (1921) Battle of the Bridge

Lakeland-Kathleen (1964)

In Hillsborough County you have:

East Bay vs Riverview

Brandon vs Bloomingdale

Plant City vs Durant

Plant vs Robinson

Hillsborough vs Plant

Middleton vs Blake

Gather vs Chamberlain

Freedom vs Wharton

King vs Tampa Bay Tech

here is a line with the Pasco County Rivalries:

http://www.pascocountyfb.com/rivalries.html

I thought the big rivalry in Tampa was Hillsborough vs Jefferson

I thought the big rivalry in Tampa was Hillsborough vs Jefferson

I think so but teams sometimes have more then 1 rival, even though its unofficial I list Columbia vs Gainesville as a rivalry because we play in all sports and Haft of them have GHS in our district so I consider it a rivalry, plus you ask anyone on either team if they consider it a rivalry they will say yes, only thing we missing is a trophy

I think so but teams sometimes have more then 1 rival, even though its unofficial I list Columbia vs Gainesville as a rivalry because we play in all sports and Haft of them have GHS in our district so I consider it a rivalry, plus you ask anyone on either team if they consider it a rivalry they will say yes, only thing we missing is a trophy

There's those you always have on your schedule.  Hardee has played Fort Meade nearly every year since 1930, but its not our "rivarly" like DeSoto.  A few times that game has been a kickoff classic and because its typically the first or second game of the year, its gotten cancelled or cut-short due to weather.  Avon Park and Sebring have been on the schedule nearly every year since the mid 70's.  I'm hoping the new coach will be willing to put Palmetto back on the schedule.

Maaannnnn i Hear yall talking But You want History ?? U want blood sweat and hate??

Then You Have to Meantion DILLARD VS ELY.! (THE REAL SOUL BOWL.!!) lol i mean how could u forget..the tension be so thick u can cut it with a knife from the coaches players and fans.! Lockhart stadium be lit the hell up for soul bowl cars pushed back way to i95 to get it all the way down commercial...PANTHERS VS TIGERS it goes down.!!

Not a long rivalry but been playing each other since 2008 Miami Central vs Booker T. Washington. Series is 8-3 Central leads. I believe one year they played and it just continued until one point they were both number 1 and 2 in the state and one year both were in the top 10 in the country.

Miami Central existence 1959 5 state title's and 7-3 OOS record

Booker T. Washington existence 1926 5 state title's, 7-2 OOS record and a national title

2008 44-38 Btw won

2009 18-12 Central won

2010 17-0 Central won

2011 29-26 Central won

2012 37-26 Central won

2013 28-17 Btw won

2014 21-20 Btw won

2015 35-28 Central won

Soul Bowl Game

Miami Northwestern vs Miami Jackson. History of this rivalry dates back to the 1940's when D.A Dorsey would play Booker T. Washington, then in 1955 Dorsey become a educational school and Northwestern opened. 1955 started the Northwestern vs Booker T. Washington game. 1967 Northwestern and Jackson started the rival and still in existence. Jackson started out as an all white school but when segregation ended blacks were sent to Jackson, thus making it a majority black school hitting the 70's Overtown area split into 3 schools Jackson, Miami high and Miami Beach but I think the volk of the of them went to Jackson. Biggest attendance record was in 1998 Soul Bowl 1 and 2. Soul Bowl 1 46,474 and Soul Bowl 2 35,000.

Northwestern existence 1955

Jackson existence 1898 but by 1939 it was officially a high school dropping all other grade levels. Northwestern leads series 32-14

In Hillsborough County you have:

East Bay vs Riverview

Brandon vs Bloomingdale

Plant City vs Durant

Plant vs Robinson

Hillsborough vs Plant

Middleton vs Blake

Gather vs Chamberlain

Freedom vs Wharton

King vs Tampa Bay Tech

here is a line with the Pasco County Rivalries:

http://www.pascocountyfb.com/rivalries.html

Back in the day Brandon vs Plant City

Hillsborough and Jefferson are rivals as both play in west Tampa but there is a mural in Hillsborough's library as a monument to their games against Plant.

Most rivalries I mentioned in Hillsborough county involve a trophy.

Plant city and Brandon were certainly rivals back in the day but Bloomingdale was built in 1988.

I am sure Bloomingdale and Newsome are bigger rivalries today.

Just as New some was built out of Durant so they are probably rivalries.

A rivalry can change, as TBT and Hillsborough were rivalries when I coached there.

Likewise chamberlain and hillsborough used to be rivals when billy turner was at chs

Chamberlain and Gather used to play for a trophy but now the northwest corner of Hillsborough county (Alonso, sickles, gather, steinbrener) is known as the quod of hate.

So rivalries change and bad blood can result from players transferring or coaches that don't like each other as well as neighborhood rivalries and district rivalries

Hillsborough and Jefferson are rivals as both play in west Tampa but there is a mural in Hillsborough's library as a monument to their games against Plant.

Most rivalries I mentioned in Hillsborough county involve a trophy.

Plant city and Brandon were certainly rivals back in the day but Bloomingdale was built in 1988.

I am sure Bloomingdale and Newsome are bigger rivalries today.

Just as New some was built out of Durant so they are probably rivalries.

A rivalry can change, as TBT and Hillsborough were rivalries when I coached there.

Likewise chamberlain and hillsborough used to be rivals when billy turner was at chs

Chamberlain and Gather used to play for a trophy but now the northwest corner of Hillsborough county (Alonso, sickles, gather, steinbrener) is known as the quod of hate.

So rivalries change and bad blood can result from players transferring or coaches that don't like each other as well as neighborhood rivalries and district rivalries

Yeah Brandon at one time I think 1983 had 5000 students(largest in the state) and a formidable football team.  Plant City was their most hated rival at the time. Armwood was built out of Brandon in '84 but AHS football was not what it now so that was never the rivalry it should have been. There are so many new schools in Hillsborough it has to be hard to keep a rivalry going.  That is the nice thing about the rural schools kids can hate the same rivals their grandparents hated lol.

Yeah Brandon at one time I think 1983 had 5000 students(largest in the state) and a formidable football team. Plant City was their most hated rival at the time. Armwood was built out of Brandon in '84 but AHS football was not what it now so that was never the rivalry it should have been. There are so many new schools in Hillsborough it has to be hard to keep a rivalry going. That is the nice thing about the rural schools kids can hate the same rivals their grandparents hated lol.

Like Columbia vs Suwannee