helmet issues all over central florida

h8r

i hear over the weekend that 3 orange county schools dont have their helmets back from Riddell, that another had to send half their helmets back and several havent recieved their order back yet?

hard to practice spring ball with 30 kids standing on the side with no helmets...maybe they will share them each series, hopefully not the mouthpieces tho.  lol

what a mess

57 minutes ago, h8r said:

i hear over the weekend that 3 orange county schools dont have their helmets back from Riddell, that another had to send half their helmets back and several havent recieved their order back yet?

hard to practice spring ball with 30 kids standing on the side with no helmets...maybe they will share them each series, hopefully not the mouthpieces tho.  lol

what a mess

We received an email from Riddell talking about delays in helmets being returned. Fortunately all of ours are back. Also its an 8-10 week delay on receiving new helmets if you ordered them.

Riddell has been having major supply chain issues since covid era began.  I ordered my son a speedflex more than four months before the beginning of the season this year and it didn't come until late October with just a couple games left.  I ordered through the team Riddell rep too.  

10 hours ago, Jambun82 said:

C'Mon Perspective, I didn't realize that you were an enemy of "progress"! 

I have to concede that helmets are a good thing.  Forgive my sarcasm.  

That said, I do now regret that, in my initial post, I didn't ask you to confirm that helmets and facemasks were indeed optional according to the rules in place at the time.  :D

11 hours ago, Perspective said:

I have to concede that helmets are a good thing.  Forgive my sarcasm.  

That said, I do now regret that, in my initial post, I didn't ask you to confirm that helmets and facemasks were indeed optional according to the rules in place at the time.  :D

I can say that even then as well as now, the great sport of football could not have survived without the true backbone and heart-and-soul of the sport. The Game Officials! 

10 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Football would not be the same without you guys!

Exactly!   Without all those whistles, the games would be over in, like, less than 2 hours and my wife would expect me to come outside and start working in the yard!  Thank god for the zebras.   :P

All kidding aside, I can't imagine a game without officials.  

18 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Exactly!   Without all those whistles, the games would be over in, like, less than 2 hours and my wife would expect me to come outside and start working in the yard!  Thank god for the zebras.   :P

No whistles? Shoot, that would be the most fun game of football ever played! Run, Forrest! RUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNN!! :D

On 4/27/2022 at 8:41 AM, Perspective said:

I can't either Perspective. I believe that all coaches and players should affirm this fact! 

Our helmets were sent out December 9th. This is the story so far!

Due to a logistics error our helmets were clearly marked to go to ohio. the transportation company shipped them to mexico instead. At some point once my AD, who was prompted by me in late march, called to check on our helmets. At this time it was discovered that they were in the wrong country!. So they were shipped to ohio. Spring practice started on monday, we received our helmets tuesday but in a incomplete fashion. 90% of the chinstraps were sent back in a bag marked 'rejected". upon further research, they were not even the ones that went out with our helmets. We studied the pictures and they were a different style on our speedflex. We also did not receive any of the hardware back to mount the chinstraps. We also received back 2 rejected helmets. looking at one of those something wasnt right. The dated code on the helmet and the style helmet did not match our inventory. It was not our helmet!, Now i wonder how many of the helmets we got back had been swapped. 

Our riddell rep has been awesome trying to fix this situation. He has had new parts shipped to us at no cost to mount the chinstraps. He also brought us all the new chinstraps he had to replace some of the ones which weren't ours. We have been told that once spring is over they will pick up all of our helmets and redo them again. (they werent happy with the paint, placed into bags while still wet). We are still trying to figure out about the chinstrap issue. I personally feel they will just give us new ones, as we had just replaced most of ours last year. 

The only thing is myself and coaches will check the dates on our helmets to be sure they are ours, I had already numbered inside all of our helmets as an inventory control measure. We have aging reports that show the month and year of manufacture and style of all of the helmets. So this wont be too hard to check and prove.