South Fla Teams That was playoff bound in 2015 but will likely miss it in 2016????

As A football team or in any sport unless u win a State championship u always want to improve the next year.

The teams i see going backwards this year that made the playoffs last season are

Plantation i believe miramar will take their place as runner up.

I belive hallandale will miss the playoffs this year as well.

Off top those 2 comes to mind ...any other teams u guys like to Add????

Good call in Plantation.  Plantation 2016 will not be Plantation 2015. Far from it.  Most of the remaining stronger players left and many of those who stayed seemed pretty young  (at the skilled positions anyway).  Plantation has a couple new Coaches and if the kids start believing in a new offensive and defensive system the talent is there to perhaps ruffle some feathers in 8A-12. They will likely struggle to keep up with Flanagan and Miramar but I think this team has rebounded well from former longtime HC Steve Davis resigning and have better days ahead.

Hallandale lost a HC and obviously has lost loads of talent along with Seniors...will likely be in a 4 way battle for the third spot (behind AHP and Jackson)  in that District with Cardinal Gibbons, Coconut Creek, and Stranahan.

Coconut Creek also lost a HC and loads of talent and Seniors.  They have made a strong recovery though with the hiring of a former Miami Central DCord and long time Asst.  They have since brought in some talent and I hear  there is a lot confidence being built of late at Creek.  Won't be close to 2015 Creek but could still be a good team.

South Dade.  It seems that this team is down very rarely but this may be that 1 in 10 years that it could be possible.  Could very well struggle to see the 2016 playoffs.

Coral Gables is another 8A Dade team that will likely be significantly down.  Could still make the playoffs though , just not close to what they had last year.

Flanagan.  Lost Coach to start but was wise to hire in house.  This team will very likely still make the playoffs and could win the district but they will be far from the level of 2015 Flanagan.

Nova -   Lost a few solid Seniors.  District 7A-15 had Nova and West Broward representing in 2015.  McArthur will run away with this District in 2016 leaving West Broward, Nova, Cooper City, Hollywood Hills and South Broward all capable of grabbing that #2 spot.  West Broward will be down a bit as well but still in the hunt. 

Royal Palm Beach - 13-7A will Dwyer running the show.  Royal Palm Beach will have their hands full getting back to the playoffs in this solid 7A District.

American - Lost everything from Coaches to star players to seniors.  Solid team last year but will struggle to see the 2016 playoffs.

Atlantic-Delray -  Lost loads of talent and Seniors.  Will struggle to see the 8A playoffs.

University School- will have to work harder this year due to heavy losses to see the playoffs.  They will be well behind Glades Central but will only have Clewiston and Somerset Academy on their tail for the #2 spot in the District.

Gulliver Prep - I believe may have gone Independent in 4A-8?

Dade Christian - obviously they won't see the playoffs since they shut down the football program.

I got a question since Gulliver Prep is now independent and HML took its place who do you all see as the runner up spot. Obviously Booker T. Washington will be district champs.

They will be in 4A-8 with BTW, Miami Edison, Monsignor Pace, and Keys Gate Charter.  To be honest , I think you might be looking at a battle for 2nd with maybe Edison and HML in the thick of it.  

For what it's worth HML beat Keys Gate Charter 12-7 last year...

Good call in Plantation.  Plantation 2016 will not be Plantation 2015. Far from it.  Most of the remaining stronger players left and many of those who stayed seemed pretty young  (at the skilled positions anyway).  Plantation has a couple new Coaches and if the kids start believing in a new offensive and defensive system the talent is there to perhaps ruffle some feathers in 8A-12. They will likely struggle to keep up with Flanagan and Miramar but I think this team has rebounded well from former longtime HC Steve Davis resigning and have better days ahead.

Hallandale lost a HC and obviously has lost loads of talent along with Seniors...will likely be in a 4 way battle for the third spot (behind AHP and Jackson)  in that District with Cardinal Gibbons, Coconut Creek, and Stranahan.

Coconut Creek also lost a HC and loads of talent and Seniors.  They have made a strong recovery though with the hiring of a former Miami Central DCord and long time Asst.  They have since brought in some talent and I hear  there is a lot confidence being built of late at Creek.  Won't be close to 2015 Creek but could still be a good team.

South Dade.  It seems that this team is down very rarely but this may be that 1 in 10 years that it could be possible.  Could very well struggle to see the 2016 playoffs.

Coral Gables is another 8A Dade team that will likely be significantly down.  Could still make the playoffs though , just not close to what they had last year.

Flanagan.  Lost Coach to start but was wise to hire in house.  This team will very likely still make the playoffs and could win the district but they will be far from the level of 2015 Flanagan.

American - Lost everything from Coaches to star players to seniors.  Solid team last year but will struggle to see the 2016 playoffs.

Atlantic-Delray -  Lost loads of talent and Seniors.  Will struggle to see the 8A playoffs.

University School- will have to work harder this year due to heavy losses to see the playoffs.  They will be well behind Glades Central but will only have Clewiston and Somerset Academy on there tail for the #2 spot in the District.

Gulliver Prep - I believe may have gone Independent in 4A-8?

Dade Christian - obviously they won't see the playoffs since they shut down the football program.

Gulliver went to an indepedent league or just like an img type thing?

ft lauderdale has a decent offense unlike last year based off of spring scrimmages so ely vs ft lauderdale should be a close one for runner up unless the unthinkable happens and one of them beat STA

Any given Friday lol jk even I don't see that happening, its STA district for a while

ft lauderdale has a decent offense unlike last year based off of spring scrimmages so ely vs ft lauderdale should be a close one for runner up unless the unthinkable happens and one of them beat STA

LOL - going out on a REALLY super thin limb there at the end talking about one of them knocking off STA. 

Sure, you gotta play the game and never know what will happen, but I don't see that in 2016 for either FTL or BE. 

7A-16 will likely be run by Mater Academy. Any thoughts on how the #2 spot could pan out?

You had Miami Sunset last year with Reagan, Miami Springs and Doral Academy all having decent years. Goleman and South Miami were sub-par..... Doral Academy may be better then many expect in 2016.

I agree with Doral being 2nd... They got a nice qb over there..

Doubt it, but I think they are closer to Ely than usual this year.  The Flying L's have a solid schedule this year including: @ Charlotte, @ Lakeland, @ West Broward, @ Ely, @ Vero Beach,  STA, McArthur

I see it being a Wire to Wire Game...who Will come out on top??? I do not know...i have No Clue What ely has over there i have Heard NOTHING about them this summer not even so much of a Spring game result ...so eaither they Reallu really Felt off or they are going to unleash some stuff in August lol i mean some can say if they went 2-8 last year how could they fall off? ..but ayeee it can happen lol.

I see it being a Wire to Wire Game...who Will come out on top??? I do not know...i have No Clue What ely has over there i have Heard NOTHING about them this summer not even so much of a Spring game result ...so eaither they Reallu really Felt off or they are going to unleash some stuff in August lol i mean some can say if they went 2-8 last year how could they fall off? ..but ayeee it can happen lol.

:rolleyes:  2-8 with the hardest schedule in Broward County....they almost won @ Dwyer in the playoffs and were better than most teams in Broward. 80% of the teams in Broward are also 2-8 or worse with Ely's 2015 schedule.  There HC went to Dillard and not sure if/how that will effect Ely.

:rolleyes:  2-8 with the hardest schedule in Broward County....they almost won @ Dwyer in the playoffs and were better than most teams in Broward. 80% of the teams in Broward are also 2-8 or worse with Ely's 2015 schedule.  There HC went to Dillard and not sure if/how that will effect Ely.

Right but ely is a historical black school...u usally hear something involved with them their a little to quiet. Yeah their schedule last year was brutal and it kind of look the same this year. Im just saying tho not even a spring game result ??? Didnt they have a spring game?