DiLLARD HIGH SCHEDULE SO FAR

THIS_IS_DILLARD

16 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

We got Brook Bentley, Senior quarterback from Gaither. 

So much to work with from just one sentence. 

There's a side of me that will laugh to myself all day that Gaither was on the receiving end of a poach - especially at the QB position. 

Peacock likes those Tampa QB's doesn't he?  

Bentley definitely fits the Peacock mold:  above-average height; relatively mobile; can run when needed. 

Interesting that Bentley's dad is an assistant coach at USF.   Boy, that's going to be quite the commute driving back and forth from Venice to Tampa to go to work every day . . . or maybe he/they didn't all move?   Who knows?  

52 minutes ago, Perspective said:

So much to work with from just one sentence. 

There's a side of me that will laugh to myself all day that Gaither was on the receiving end of a poach - especially at the QB position. 

Peacock likes those Tampa QB's doesn't he?  

Bentley definitely fits the Peacock mold:  above-average height; relatively mobile; can run when needed. 

Interesting that Bentley's dad is an assistant coach at USF.   Boy, that's going to be quite the commute driving back and forth from Venice to Tampa to go to work every day . . . or maybe he/they didn't all move?   Who knows?  

Someone knows :D

1 hour ago, LakelandGator said:

Bentley and dad decided to move to a better program and/or improve his skill set. He's a decent HS QB but not considered a bigtime prospect at the moment.

FYI, they contacted Venice after contacting a school in Polk County.

:lol:

Something tells me that had Weiner stayed at Plant, the kid would have never started at Gaither in the first place, much less crossed county lines.  

#QBwhisperer

B)

3 hours ago, Perspective said:

:lol:

Something tells me that had Weiner stayed at Plant, the kid would have never started at Gaither in the first place, much less crossed county lines.  

#QBwhisperer

B)

Yes sir Booster P, everyone knows that Bentley, X.Washington(TBT), Brandon Royal(Sickles) and a few others would have been part of Robbie's annual Plant Panthers QB tryout. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, LakelandGator said:

Yes sir Booster P, everyone knows that Bentley, X.Washington(TBT), Brandon Royal(Sickles) and a few others would have been part of Robbie's annual Plant Panthers QB tryout. :rolleyes:

Assuming they could enroll in the school first.   ;) 

I've learned over the years that a school's AD and administration can make life easier or harder on a coach, in particular, and an athletic program, in general, when it comes to prospective transfers - especially at schools that are at capacity.  

52 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Assuming they could enroll in the school first.   ;) 

I've learned over the years that a school's AD and administration can make life easier or harder on a coach, in particular, and an athletic program, in general, when it comes to prospective transfers - especially at schools that are at capacity.  

Correct but that's always been the case. 

During your favorite team's glory years 'ol Rob had no problem getting kids pass the "Admin".:D

8 hours ago, LakelandGator said:

Bentley and dad decided to move to a better program and/or improve his skill set. He's a decent HS QB but not considered a bigtime prospect at the moment.

FYI, they contacted Venice after contacting a school in Polk County.

Had to be Lakeland or Lake Gibson, both of whom received transfer QBs from outside of the city of Lakeland. Given a little bit of crossing paths in history with Bentley's father having been the coach at Byrnes vying for a national title as Lakeland was winning them, and said father coaching alongside former Lakeland coach Will Bahler at USF, the smart money may be on Lakeland. But I have no inside knowledge of course. 

On 5/6/2022 at 6:05 PM, LakelandGator said:

Correct but that's always been the case. 

During your favorite team's glory years 'ol Rob had no problem getting kids pass the "Admin".:D

Exactly . . . he was working with an AD/Administration who made life easier instead of harder (when it came to interpreting rules, finding the loopholes, relying on the paperwork, etc.). 

That said, you are somewhat right and somewhat wrong about "that's always been the case."  Here's what I mean.  A decade ago, a kid could only attend a school if he lived in that school's district (with a couple of very fact-specific exceptions).  Some schools checked and double-checked to make sure a transfer was, in fact, living in their district, while others simply accepted the paperwork as fact.  Either way, once you established that you lived in the district, you could attend the school for which you then zoned - regardless of whether or not that school was at capacity.  

A few years ago, they changed the rules so that a kid could go to any school in the county (or, arguably, the state) that they wanted to go to.  But, unless they moved into/lived in a particular school's district, they could not transfer into that school if that school was at capacity.  

So, let's take a kid living in the Leto district.  Ten years ago, if that kid wanted to transfer to Plant or Armwood, his family had to move into the Plant or Armwood district.  Today, the family would not have to move.  But, the kid could transfer into Armwood (because it's not at capacity), but could not transfer into Plant (because it is at capacity).  (And I'm not going to even get into the economic factors involved in selling a house in the Leto district in order to buy - or even rent - a house in the Plant district).   So, AD's and school administrators no longer have to check addresses (unless we're talking about a move into the district) and it's virtually impossible to fudge the capacity figures.   In other words (and while it may still happen on an isolated basis), it's going to continue to be difficult, if not impossible, for schools that are at or above capacity to accept transfers (or, as some might say, 'bring in recruits') compared to the schools that aren't burdened by the capacity factor. 

Folks have made the argument that when it comes to football, high schools in Florida are no longer playing on an level playing field.   I can't argue with them. 

On 5/6/2022 at 7:39 PM, skyway said:

Had to be Lakeland or Lake Gibson, both of whom received transfer QBs from outside of the city of Lakeland. Given a little bit of crossing paths in history with Bentley's father having been the coach at Byrnes vying for a national title as Lakeland was winning them, and said father coaching alongside former Lakeland coach Will Bahler at USF, the smart money may be on Lakeland. But I have no inside knowledge of course. 

I think he's already enrolled at Venice.  Maybe Venice got the kid a better NIL deal.   :P

On 5/4/2022 at 3:22 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

KICKOFF CLASSICS - ROCK CREEK MD *HOME

WEEK 1- SUMTER HIGH SC *HOME

WEEK 3 - MIAMI CENTRAL *HOME

WEEK 5- CHAMINADE MADONNA *HOME

WEEK 7- ST THOMAS AQUINAS *HOME

WEEK 9- LINCOLN ( TALLAHASSEE) *AWAY

@VeniceIndiansFootball @DarterBlue2 @Jullian @ColumbiaHighFan2017class @561_Fan @muckboy561 

what y’all think of the panthers schedule so far??

1-5 already. yall trippin

3 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

I can see them winning all of those games. Dillard has almost their entire roster intact from last season and has already received around 8 transfers. The only team I see handing anything to them is STA but they get them at home this year; I'm expecting Dillard to pull out the W there.  

50 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I can see them winning all of those games. Dillard has almost their entire roster intact from last season and has already received around 8 transfers. The only team I see handing anything to them is STA but they get them at home this year; I'm expecting Dillard to pull out the W there.  

I don't think so. See Dillard is one that on paper you like damn they got a squad but when they hit the field it's something else. Give an example. Dillard lost to Homestead last year in the playoffs, yet the next round Homestead got the breaks beat off them by St. Thomas 

1 hour ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I don't think so. See Dillard is one that on paper you like damn they got a squad but when they hit the field it's something else. Give an example. Dillard lost to Homestead last year in the playoffs, yet the next round Homestead got the breaks beat off them by St. Thomas 

Well what do you think their issue is? I really don’t see a single game on their schedule so far where I would be willing to bet against them. Not heavily, at least. A lack of strong coaching? 

9 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Well what do you think their issue is? I really don’t see a single game on their schedule so far where I would be willing to bet against them. Not heavily, at least. A lack of strong coaching? 

So you expect Dillard to go 10-0

12 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

So you expect Dillard to go 10-0

No, I think they will eventually run into a team that beats them. It could be Central, STA, or maybe even that Rock Creek team in week 1. But if I were a betting man I would keep my wallet in my pocket for all of those games. Too tough to call any of those results. I hope we can both agree that rivalry games are extremely tough to predict.

There is *very* bad blood between STA and Dillard after what happened in last year’s game. Dillard was a blocked field goal away from a WIN against the Raiders who ended the season ranked number five in the state; a victory that would have given them HFA throughout the playoffs. You can’t tell me that Dillard loses the Homestead game at the Panther’s Den. No way, no how. 

3 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Over the last 3 years DILLARD is 36-4 so it’s obvious when they have “TAKEN THE FIELD” they have won way more then they have lost. 

you talk about the homestead game homestead was (10–1) and had blew out 95% of their schedule same as Dillard who was also (10-1) it was the second round of the playoffs homestead also had the top 5 ranked defense in the state & the game was AT HOMESTEAD & it was a 21-14 game with 60 seconds left to go.

Dillard over looked homestead because they were so ready for STA in the rematch. Long story we didn’t get the job done on that rainy night. But if that game was at Dillard or we ran it back even in homestead I would ride with Dillard all day.  

8 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

Who will our 5 loses be to ??? 

because with what Dillard has returning, the transfers we have and the boost on our coaching staff I see the 

CHAMINADE 

STA

MIAMI CENTRAL 

games all being toss ups Dillard already went toe to toe with BOTH CM & STA last year with BOTH teams finishing nationally ranked & state champs. 

All 3 of those games are gonna be at Dillard this year & i see Dillard taking 2-3 out of those games. They just have to handle business on the field & until they do Dillard would probably be the underdog in all 3. 

but even if Dillard lost all 3 we’re playing for the playoffs not regular season records. So even with 3 loses to those 3 teams of that propelled Dillard to a state championship later on that season im all for it. 

39 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

because with what Dillard has returning, the transfers we have and the boost on our coaching staff I see the 

CHAMINADE 

STA

MIAMI CENTRAL 

games all being toss ups Dillard already went toe to toe with BOTH CM & STA last year with BOTH teams finishing nationally ranked & state champs. 

All 3 of those games are gonna be at Dillard this year & i see Dillard taking 2-3 out of those games. They just have to handle business on the field & until they do Dillard would probably be the underdog in all 3. 

but even if Dillard lost all 3 we’re playing for the playoffs not regular season records. So even with 3 loses to those 3 teams of that propelled Dillard to a state championship later on that season im all for it. 

42 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

CHAMINADE 

STA

MIAMI CENTRAL 

Honestly I think there’s a good chance your Panthers come away from this schedule unbeaten or with just 1 loss. I could see them dropping the Miami Central game in week 3 and then using that sort of as “gasoline on the fire” to finish the season 9-1 and have HFA throughout the playoffs.