North Florida sleeper teams

DisabledAccount

In the Jacksonville area who would you all say are the best. Obviously Bolles with Corky Rogers speaks for itself. I'll throw in Raines and Mandarin. I don't know what's going on with First Coast but they were most definitely a shocker for me last year. Well and I'm sure we're all in aggrence that First Coast wasn'the beating Central didn't expect blowout though.

TCA is the best. Not even close.

I would guess for  2015 it would have been something like:

TCA

Raines

Mandarin

Bolles

University Christian

Bartram Trail

Saint Augustine

Sandalwood

Oakleaf

Ribault

Ponte Verda

Robert E. Lee

Atlantic Coast

First Coast

Fleming Island

Neptune Beach

Bishop Kenny

Ed White

Episcopal

Providence

Orange Park

I never said "they no good anymore" and never said Bolles was "bad" . I just question why you dwell on beating 2015 Bolles or any Bolles team for that matter. It is a great regular season win. I don't know what else to tell you....Do you want a freakin parade or something?

Fleming Island beat a better Bolles team in the regular season in 2012.

I also never would have said "Columbia bit off more than they can chew" if they lost to Bolles in the regular season.

My question to you why Columbia FAILS in the playoffs so frequently?

The only person that made 2015 Bolles "big and bad' before the regular season game was you! I personally thought Bolles would have won that game but I never thought Bolles was big and bad.....Bolles was a good team last year and their season came short to a Raines team that seems to have their number of late. Championship teams do not get on their "High Horse " when they beat Bolles and pound their chest. I guess you and Columbia do so.

No the media and the people picking Bolles to beat us by 14-20 points were ones who made them big and bad, show me where I said before playing them that they were big and bad?

I would guess for 2015 it would have been something like:

TCA

Raines

Mandarin

Bolles

University Christian

Bartram Trail

Saint Augustine

Sandalwood

Oakleaf

Ribault

Ponte Verda

Robert E. Lee

Atlantic Coast

First Coast

Fleming Island

Neptune Beach

Bishop Kenny

Ed White

Episcopal

Providence

Orange Park

Even though Haft of those are st johns and not Jacksonville I think those are spot on

No the media and the people picking Bolles to beat us by 14-20 points were ones who made them big and bad, show me where I said before playing them that they were big and bad?

The fact that you keep referencing that regular season win Columbia had over Bolles in 2015 that you can't let go of trumps whether you made that statement or not.

The fact that you keep referencing that regular season win Columbia had over Bolles in 2015 that you can't let go of trumps whether you made that statement or not.

The reason I refrence it so.much has more to do with the pre game hype then the game itself, it was the only time during the season that we were picked to lose and it brought out perhaps our best all around performance and gave us credibility and momentum but also showed we do better as a underdog which seems to be what we are heading into this year

In the Jacksonville area who would you all say are the best. Obviously Bolles with Corky Rogers speaks for itself. I'll throw in Raines and Mandarin. I don't know what's going on with First Coast but they were most definitely a shocker for me last year. Well and I'm sure we're all in aggrence that First Coast wasn'the beating Central didn't expect blowout though.

Last year, First Coast was down due to: a lot of the kids transferred, some to TCA; and, one of their better defensive players was murdered. Having seen them two years in a row in the playoffs against Apopka, I can honestly say they were very talented, but probably lacked coaching. We beat them twice not so much because we had better athletes, but because we had a better game plan that was executed well.

TCA

Raines

Mandarin

Bolles

University Christian

Bartram Trail

Saint Augustine

Sandalwood

Oakleaf

Ribault

Ponte Verda

Robert E. Lee

Atlantic Coast

First Coast

Fleming Island

Neptune Beach

Bishop Kenny

Ed White

Episcopal

Providence

Orange Park

I would move Fleming Island and First Coast up a notch and put Fletcher somewhere in the mix. Mandarin, despite their good season last year, may be rated too high.

I would move Fleming Island and First Coast up a notch and put Fletcher somewhere in the mix. Mandarin, despite their good season last year, may be rated too high.

Thanks for the input DarterBlue2.  I do not know the Jacksonville area like the SFL teams but that is what I came up based on record, scores, schedule strength and playoff performance. When I put the teams in tiers I generally believe the teams are close and would usually lean towards the home team winning a close game in those matchups.

I adjusted but it was hard to move Mandarin too far below Raines.  Mandarin went 12-1 with a harder schedule (best win was over Lake Brantley 20-0) , and ultimately were ousted 26-41 to a very good West Orange team in the 8A North third round.  Raines did go 12-2 but their schedule was fairly weak.  Bolles  went 9-3, lost to Raines twice, lost to very good Columbia team and had their best win versus Deerfield Beach.  Bolles  also had a harder schedule than both Mandarin and Raines.

Jacksonville may only have one powerhouse/elite team right now in TCA  but overall the area has a lot good teams.  Considering  Ribault, Ponte Verda, First Coast, Robert E. Lee, Fleming Island, Fleming Island, and Atlantic Coast were in the 10-17 range in the area shows the depth of above average teams in the Jacksonville area.

TCA

Raines

Bolles

Mandarin

University Christian

Bartram Trail

Saint Augustine

Sandalwood

Oakleaf

Ribault

Ponte Verda

First Coast

Robert E. Lee

Fleming Island

Atlantic Coast

Neptune Beach

Bishop Kenny

Ed White

Episcopal

Providence

Orange Park

Thanks for the input DarterBlue2.  I do not know the Jacksonville area like the SFL teams but that is what I came up based on record, scores, schedule strength and playoff performance. When I put the teams in tiers I generally believe the teams are close and would usually lean towards the home team winning a close game in those matchups.

I adjusted but it was hard to move Mandarin too far below Raines.  Mandarin went 12-1 with a harder schedule (best win was over Lake Brantley 20-0) , and ultimately were ousted 26-41 to a very good West Orange team in the 8A North third round.  Raines did go 12-2 but their schedule was fairly weak.  Bolles  went 9-3, lost to Raines twice, lost to very good Columbia team and had their best win versus Deerfield Beach.  Bolles  also had a harder schedule than both Mandarin and Raines.

Jacksonville may only have one powerhouse/elite team right now in TCA  but overall the area has a lot good teams.  Considering  Ribault, Ponte Verda, First Coast, Robert E. Lee, Fleming Island, Fleming Island, and Atlantic Coast were in the 10-17 range in the area shows the depth of above average teams in the Jacksonville area.

TCA

Raines

Bolles

Mandarin

Mandarin was lucky that Lake Brantley was eight starters down when they played. Otherwise, they would have been exposed in that game. Brantley had a very good team and its win over Bishop Moore, while perhaps more lopsided than it should have been, was not a fluke. No hate for Mandarin, though. They did have a very good season. 

Godby will be good.  Chiles is up and coming, they should be solid.  Leon I am not that sure about.  They lost a lot.  If I had to bet money I would say Wakulla/Rickards are 1 and 1A, Godby would be 1B, lol.