Bold predictions 5-8A?

DisabledAccount

I'mma give an example. I was watching highlights of the Booker T. Washington and Raines state title game and reading comments on the Raines alumni site and every comment was like how do a 5-5 team make it to states, we gave them the game and we're are better with only one lost. Well here's the million dollar answer. The talent level in Miami is on another level compared to Jacksonville well Duval County, so of course the teams down here are battle tested. Northwestern, Columbus, Central and Jackson should have all been wins but they caught a team on a down year. Mind you all, last year was the 1st time Jackson has ever beaten the Tornadoes since it's existence back as a high school. Adding on teams like Columbus, South Dade, Killian, Southridge, Coral Gables, Norland, Central, Carol City and Northwestern play a good caliber team every week or other week. The point that I'm trying to make is if Dillard does get out the 1st two playoff rounds it's still tough because during the regular season besides St. Thomas game that doesn't count who else is a strong caliber team. Hallandale will be down this year and then you have Boyd Anderson which I hear will be good. I'm just being realistic on Dillard making it to states. Eventually yes.... as of right now just don't think it's time.

What's the website of the Raines alumni page?

Armwood is loaded.  They would mop the floor with Columbia during the season.  Scrimmage in a camp atmosphere with no game prep is no measure of how a team will perform in the fall.  Armwood has routinely beaten up on Plant, and in recent memory went to Vegas and beat Bishop Gorman.  They have the deepest unit of skill players they have ever had on offense.  If they can get their OL play up to Armwood standards they will make it back to state, and have a chance to win this year.  

Armwood is loaded.  They would mop the floor with Columbia during the season.  Scrimmage in a camp atmosphere with no game prep is no measure of how a team will perform in the fall.  Armwood has routinely beaten up on Plant, and in recent memory went to Vegas and beat Bishop Gorman.  They have the deepest unit of skill players they have ever had on offense.  If they can get their OL play up to Armwood standards they will make it back to state, and have a chance to win this year.  

I have heard the same with their skilled position players.  Very strong in 2016.  Public school speaking, Armwood reloads as well as anyone in FL.  For me they are clear cut pre-season 5-10 range in FL and pre-season clear cut top 100 Nationally.  

I have heard the same with their skilled position players. Very strong in 2016. Public school speaking, Armwood reloads as well as anyone in FL. For me they are clear cut pre-season 5-10 range in FL and pre-season clear cut top 100 Nationally.

Weren't they already announced as a pre-season top100 team by maxpreps?

Here is a hint:  Sometimes when you play 4 of the top ten teams in the state over a 5 weak stretch. The first and second weeks are not always your hardest games - when you are taking on 4 teams of that caliber.  Even if the first two teams were a little better than the rest.

This rule particularly applies to teams that realistically are not of the level of what would be 4 elite opponents. Translation: When a team is playing out of their a$$ , and continue to play much better teams it is  more a matter of depth and emotions at that point.  A battle that historically is lost eventually by Cinderella.

Now go back to watching Cinderalla Story, The Karate Kid and Little Giants.[/quote

Lol u crazy broward ...but All Good Comentary tho would be awesome if it happend but shoot i wouldnt bet on it. Still its 1 game at a time.

I think it's now or never for vanguard to try and go to a championship game and add some life to a boring region 2

agree. This is going to be their best shot they have had since that heartbreaking defeat in 94, I just hope they don't get caught up in all the hype that's surrounding them going into this season, I have seen that happen with North Marion plenty of times, they get caught up in all that talk and let it get to their heads and they fall short of the ultimate goal of winning a state championship

agree. This is going to be their best shot they have had since that heartbreaking defeat in 94, I just hope they don't get caught up in all the hype that's surrounding them going into this season, I have seen that happen with North Marion plenty of times, they get caught up in all that talk and let it get to their heads and they fall short of the ultimate goal of winning a state championship

Ik how that can be, the second you think that it will happen no matter what it's when you take knife to heart and the season ends, they got to be focused at job at hand

They went to states in 94?

Ik how that can be, the second you think that it will happen no matter what it's when you take knife to heart and the season ends, they got to be focused at job at hand

They went to states in 94?

exactly 1 game at a time and yea lost to bradenton southeast 19-17, southeast lead 19-0 at halftime and the vanguard defense played the game of their life in the 2nd half, held southeast to 20 something yards total in that 2nd half, vanguard kicker hooked a 24 yard field goal with 15 seconds left, he was a straight away kicker but had to kick that one off the hash. Biggest heartbreaker I have ever experienced, it was hard with me being only 9 years old then, cried all the way from Daytona back to ocala and I'm pretty sure I wasn't the only one lol

I figured you'd like that.

Preview for Columbia: a lot of people took Columbia off their elite board after the viera loss and hearing about losing nearly 25 seniors but I have looked at our team and see plenty of potential, last year no offensive line member had started a full season so that line was young and we return a lot of talent including a upcoming junior at center who made first team 7a team in first full year starting and might be best center in the area as well as a upcoming sophmore who started a couple of games last year at right tackle and may end up either staying at right tackle or moving to left depending upon the need, also quarterback and running back was their first year starting last year and both return as seniors with last year experience under their belt, and from what im hearing our receivers and qb are growing chemistry right now just like they did around this time last year and from what I saw our defense will end up better then last year, so as long as our OL protects passing game and frees up some holes in running game then we can go as far as we want