OSCEOLA-EDGEWATER

Ray Icaza

Turned out to be an extremely even matchup with talent on both sides.  The Edgewater QB is the returning starter from last year and gave them a spark running the ball which I don't think we expected.  He has a good arm and talented receivers, but not a lot of time to throw and operating against an extremely talented OHS secondary so sledding was tough for them thru the air.  They had some success on the ground working the edges as one of our 4* DE was held out with an injury.  They have a couple excellent backs to compliment CJ Baxter, so found more productivity on the ground than I thought they would.  Our LB core have not jelled yet, but should be better prepared after competing with talent like Edgewater has.  On offense we had mixed success on the ground and relied on our inexperienced sophomore QB to make plays with his arm, which he did an excellent job throughout the game.   Trailing 22-19 with under 3 minutes left in the 4th quarter, he engineered an 80 yard drive and hit about a 35 yard pass with 40 seconds remaining to re-take the lead 26-22.  They were unable to muster any offense in the final 40 seconds and the clock ran out with us in the lead.  Penalties weren't a major factor for either team and ball security was perfect by both sides with neither team losing a fumble or a pick, although we probably should have gotten a couple of interceptions.  Looking at each team's roster, both will be a handful for anyone.  Great game for the fans with Osceola leading early, then falling behind and then retaking the lead.   As always, it is just a Spring Game and the way it was conducted both coaches probably got out of it what they wanted.  Good luck to Edgewater going forward.  GO KOWBOYS!!

8 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

If Edgewater had dominated, it would have made headlines in the Orlando Sentinel.  With Kowboys winning, not so much.:D

My apologies to Sentinel staff as this game wasn't covered in the morning news. Only the Deland piece featuring Coach Darlington playing several different schools and also Seminole playing several schools.  However, they did finally come around in the afternoon digital edition and covered our game which was obviously the marquee game for that night. 

5 hours ago, h8r said:

how much was JV time?  2 or 3 touchdowns worth from what I was told.....

First quarter was combination of JV and the 2's which ended 7-0, so you were obviously told wrong.  The other 3 quarters were the Varsity and 1's with each team scoring 3 TD's.  Hence my description of an evenly fought game.