6A Region 4 Preseason

BrowardHandicapper

A fluke? How was the points in the game scored?

CC - Safety

Central - 88 yard INT return.

CC - TD (run failed)

Other notes on this game.  I believe Carol City starting QB Stephen Calvert was injured in the first couple minutes of this game - He only had 2 pass attempts.  When that happened Carol City ran the ball 33 times for 161 rushing yards and passed for 101 on Central. 

Miami Central had 27 total rushing yards in the game and 190 passing yards.  Central also fumbled 5 times but only lost the ball once.

A fluke? How was the points in the game scored?

A safety on a bad snap 2 points. Wright broke a long run for the TD, extra point failed. Central scored on a INT and was going in for the winning score but turned the ball over on a pass deflection. At that time Central was having major problems trying to find ways to score points. As you see once that got rolling and found an offense there was no stopping them.

Let me say this about 6A down here. Central, Carol City and Northwestern are the three front runners. Now Norland is left but since Duke Johnson left they haven't been the same. I mean Duke literally ran that offense himself. As you all know Carol City was crowned district champs and Central runner up spot last year. Now do I really think Northwestern has what it takes to get back on glory day status hmm..... I think not but again anything can happen

If thats just Miami-Dade ok, if you add Broward I gotta put Boyd Anderson at the 3 spot.

Viera barley played 10 years and was making their first ever playoff appearance and who to say that vanguard plays central. Could be vanguard vs mainland

Either way, we are pondering a "what if" a potentially very good team in Vanguard gets to states and has elite teams such as Miami Central, Mainland and Armwood in their path.  If we are going to talk about potentially very good teams upsetting those teams why not just just ponder already established very good teams upsetting elite teams? Teams like Northwestern, Boyd Anderson and Dillard?  Those are teams that bang with those caliber teams every year...not North Marion and Gainesville type teams. The closest thing Vanguard played to those caliber teams was TCA a few years back.  If Dillard played Vanguard on a neutral field right now the game would probably be 1-3 points either way.  If Vanguard played Northwestern or Boyd Anderson on a neutral field right now, they are probably 4-7 point underdogs.

Either way, we are pondering a "what if" a potentially very good team in Vanguard gets to states and has elite teams such as Miami Central, Mainland and Armwood in their path. If we are going to talk about potentially very good teams upsetting those teams why not just just ponder already established very good teams upsetting elite teams? Teams like Northwestern, Boyd Anderson and Dillard? Those are teams that bang with those caliber teams every year...not North Marion and Gainesville type teams. The closest thing Vanguard played to those caliber teams was TCA a few years back. If Dillard played Vanguard on a neutral field right now the game would probably be 1-3 points either way. If Vanguard played Northwestern or Boyd Anderson on a neutral field right now, they are probably 4-7 point underdogs.

Broward if we didn't have "what if" scenarios then we would run low on topics lol

I think a team like northwestern could upset those south teams even team like Boyd and Dillard could but I felt that if I had to pick a side that has bigger chance of getting a new representative this year its the north, pine Forrest and vanguard are major threats to armwood if they play up to their potential and armwood will be challenged more this year then normal but of those 3 teams you said which would have best chance of upsetting those elite teams?

I think a team like northwestern could upset those south teams even team like Boyd and Dillard could but I felt that if I had to pick a side that has bigger chance of getting a new representative this year its the north, pine Forrest and vanguard are major threats to armwood if they play up to their potential and armwood will be challenged more this year then normal but of those 3 teams you said which would have best chance of upsetting those elite teams?

It is close but I could argue... Northwestern-  because they know those teams (Carol City, Miami Central) better than anyone (same District),  Boyd Anderson- Maybe the most talented of the 3 with a Dade County roots coach (Eddie Brown), Dillard - because they just randomly do stuff like that (did it to Carol City in 2013).  They are the Jekyll and Hyde of the 3.

It is close but I could argue... Northwestern- because they know those teams (Carol City, Miami Central) better than anyone (same District), Boyd Anderson- Maybe the most talented of the 3 with a Dade County roots coach (Eddie Brown), Dillard - because they just randomly do stuff like that (did it to Carol City in 2013). They are the Jekyll and Hyde of the 3.

Hmm. Dillard high fan said before coaching holds them back so guess they get coaching together and on same page then they could be great team, not as familiar with Boyd though, what is their skillset as a team?

Hmm. Dillard high fan said before coaching holds them back so guess they get coaching together and on same page then they could be great team, not as familiar with Boyd though, what is their skillset as a team?

Dillard is the kind of team that will go lose to crosstown rival Ely by a score of 0-50 and the following week go handle Carol City with ease....Tough team to figure out but always dangerous.

Boyd Anderson - Skillset would likely be mostly skilled positions - Fast, tall and athletic.  Very good QB, very strong secondary, solid WRs.... Great preview in the preview guide here:

http://floridahsfootball.com/2016/07/14/2016-preview-guide-boyd-anderson-cobras-team-preview/

Dillard is the kind of team that will go lose to crosstown rival Ely by a score of 0-50 and the following week go handle Carol City with ease....Tough team to figure out but always dangerous.

Boyd Anderson - Skillset would likely be mostly skilled positions - Fast, tall and athletic. Very good QB, very strong secondary, solid WRs.... Great preview in the preview guide here:

http://floridahsfootball.com/2016/07/14/2016-preview-guide-boyd-anderson-cobras-team-preview/

That predictability makes them dangerous week to week because the other team doesent know what they will get

Carol City has gotten better, but they are not on the same level as Central. That 8-7 win was a fluke. As you see what happened in the playoffs. Carol City is expected to be better on defense, but Central is expected to be better on offense. Outside of Wright at RB and the WR who else do they have? And the question is who at QB do they have to get the ball to him?

MC their legit... They actually have 2 other wrs which one transfered in they have 2 backs with natron and another that' Lockett got committed to Oregon state... I'll give Central the oline and their defense gotten better too... As for qb their back up played descent for a freshman I belive when buckshot got hurt... Just as MC bringing in the back up from last year plus the other 2 that's battling as far as my cuz say... IMO CC and MC our copies of each other... I throw in a twist Northwestern has the better qb than both CC and MC or should I say more experienced.... N yea that game last year was a defensive game that went to a Carol City