3A Trinity Christian - Will they be unstoppable this season?

Proseteye

Just mulling over TCA and their roster for 2016/17. Notice that their starting QB Billy Cobb, top RB Jalin Buie, and one of their top WR's Damien McGhee all graduated. Also notice that they are no longer a Senior laden team as they were last year. Will they be beatable and possibly may not make it all the way in 2016? I am of course looking forward to Trinity Catholic being somewhat as good as they were in the glory years and challenging TCA like we did in the past. We would not meet them until the 3rd round and would probably have to get by Tampa Catholic in the 2nd round, including whoever is there in the 1st round. 

Any ideas?

Just mulling over TCA and their roster for 2016/17. Notice that their starting QB Billy Cobb, top RB Jalin Buie, and one of their top WR's Damien McGhee all graduated. Also notice that they are no longer a Senior laden team as they were last year. Will they be beatable and possibly may not make it all the way in 2016? I am of course looking forward to Trinity Catholic being somewhat as good as they were in the glory years and challenging TCA like we did in the past. We would not meet them until the 3rd round and would probably have to get by Tampa Catholic in the 2nd round, including whoever is there in the 1st round.

Any ideas?

Check my bold predictions, I said university Christian would be only team in Jacksonville to win state, I picked trinty to be upset in playoffs lol

I don't exactly think they're unstoppable but they will be extremely tough to beat again this season and it will take a pretty much perfect game to do that, meanwhile they did land a 3 star QB transfer in Legend Brumbaugh from Kentucky and return a solid offensive nucleus in WR DJ Matthews and RB Rasheed Martin and defense will be stacked like usual again with 5 stars Shaun Wade and Tyreke Johnson leading the way

I don't exactly think they're unstoppable but they will be extremely tough to beat again this season and it will take a pretty much perfect game to do that, meanwhile they did land a 3 star QB transfer in Legend Brumbaugh from Kentucky and return a solid offensive nucleus in WR DJ Matthews and RB Rasheed Martin and defense will be stacked like usual again with 5 stars Shaun Wade and Tyreke Johnson leading the way

I just got the gut feeling that a lot of the number one picks to win states fall in upsets that will rock the states foundation

I just got the gut feeling that a lot of the number one picks to win states fall in upsets that will rock the states foundation

if trinity christian were to get upset that would definately rock the states foundation, but I just can't see them losing before the state title game against likely Clearwater central catholic or Hollywood Chaminade, all 3 playoff games are going to be at home this year and I just can't see them dropping one at home, but anything can happen but It definately is a long shot

if trinity christian were to get upset that would definately rock the states foundation, but I just can't see them losing before the state title game against likely Clearwater central catholic or Hollywood Chaminade, all 3 playoff games are going to be at home this year and I just can't see them dropping one at home, but anything can happen but It definately is a long shot

Not just them, I see several upsets happening this year, just seems to be in the air

I do agree  that there is reason to believe TCA may be down a bit but realistically there are probably only five  3A teams that have a shot at upsetting TCA.  Only 2 will have the opportunity to play them.  The gap is surely closer than last year but based on how TCA has performed at States every year it is hard not to favor them again.

I do agree that there is reason to believe TCA may be down a bit but realistically there are probably only five 3A teams that have a shot at upsetting TCA. Only 2 will have the opportunity to play them. The gap is surely closer than last year but based on how TCA has performed at States every year it is hard not to favor them again.

Well that's why we play the game Broward and why it so fun, if everything happened how it supposed to it would get old real quick lol

As I recall, this time last year everybody was ready to hand AHP the 5a state title and Bishop Moore was Bishop Who?

There were many SFL locals that actually thought Hallandale had a good shot at upsetting AHP in the playoffs. The Hallandale/Bishop Moore game could have gone either way last year. If you like Offense it was quite a show. I think AHP, Hallandale, Bishop Moore were all very close last year. All were capable of beating one another. Think about it Bishop Moore lost to AHP the previous year (2014) by only 3. Hallandale was in foreign territory playing a Bishop Moore team that was 3 pts away from states ( assuming they get by underdog Tampa Jesuit) the previous year and had much more playoff experience playing at Home. Those 3 teams were close last year , it is just AHP reloads the easiest and has the more established name. Now this year I favor AHP, not necessarily because they are any better than last, just Hallandale is way, way down and Bishop Moore will be down a bit (but not out of the hunt).

There were many SFL locals that actually thought Hallandale had a good shot at upsetting AHP in the playoffs. The Hallandale/Bishop Moore game could have gone either way last year. If you like Offense it was quite a show. I think AHP, Hallandale, Bishop Moore were all very close last year. All were capable of beating one another. Think about it Bishop Moore lost to AHP the previous year (2014) by only 3. Hallandale was in foreign territory playing a Bishop Moore team that was 3 pts away from states the previous year and had much more playoff experience playing at Home. Those 3 teams were close last year , it is just AHP reloads the easiest and has the more established name. Now this year I favor AHP, not necessarily because they are any better than last, just Hallandale is way, way down and Bishop Moore will be down a bit (but not out of the hunt).

Well why you not tell me that lol, last year when I made my playoff predictions I was under impression only 5a south team was AHP lol

There were many SFL locals that actually thought Hallandale had a good shot at upsetting AHP in the playoffs.  The Hallandale/Bishop Moore game could have gone either way last year. If you like Offense it was quite a show.  I think AHP, Hallandale, Bishop Moore were all very close last year.  All were capable of beating one another.  Think about it Bishop Moore lost to AHP the previous year (2014) by only 3.  Hallandale was in foreign territory playing a Bishop Moore team that was 3 pts away from states the previous year and had much more playoff experience playing at Home.  Those 3 teams were close last year , it is just AHP reloads the easiest and has the more established name.  Now this year I favor AHP, not necessarily because they are any better than last, just Hallandale is way, way down and Bishop Moore will be down a bit (but not out of the hunt).

Exactly.  IMO, AHP shouldn't be in 5a, they belong in 8a.  

Nooooo.  AHP, Hallandale, Coconut Creek, Jackson, Cardinal Gibbons all in the same District.  AHP actually had to really work to win that district last year.

Broward last year was probably somthing like this.

STA

Flanagan

AHP

Hallandale

Deerfield Beach

Coconut Creek

3 of the top 6 teams in the same District.  At one point that District had AHP, Hallandale and even Coconut Creek in the top 100 nationally.  Coconut Creek was probably very close to a Wakulla  last year.

For those of us who are in 5a, we knew about Bishop Moore pretty well.  Typically there program and Tampa Jesuit are very similar;  both private Catholic schools, both typically win their district or at least make the playoffs with a winning record every year.  This was BM's first time to state in 45 years. 

For those of us who are in 5a, we knew about Bishop Moore pretty well. Typically there program and Tampa Jesuit are very similar; both private Catholic schools, both typically win their district or at least make the playoffs with a winning record every year. This was BM's first time to state in 45 years.

Even the people that did not previously know much about BM ( like myself) should have had an eye opener and started taking this team seriously after they almost beat AHP in 2014. That game is what did it for me. As far as Tampa Jesuit, I had known about them. If I am not mistaken they have fell off a bit the last few years but they a still are a established program that can always be in the mix.