LAKELAND Calls out dade county

cribboy305

SO after a couple transfers of the top kids in their county the Lakeland dreadnaughts feel high & mighty. Them kids aint played a down yet together, but you wanna play central? they never traveled to dade a d wen a dade power came to them TWO YEARS straight it was ugly. you can talk crazy when you in 4a suburban i guess but dont get too loud. this aint 05 and we is not polk county or sta. 

One thing bout north Florida & central Florida ; even in their best year with their most stacked team they still struggle or str8 out lose to a lot of south Florida powers. 

it’s like how many years have schools in north & central Florida had undefeated to one lost records, had all these transfers & still lost by double digits to a south Florida school which most times wasn’t even a power house. 

13 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

SO after a couple transfers of the top kids in their county the Lakeland dreadnaughts feel high & mighty. Them kids aint played a down yet together, but you wanna play central? they never traveled to dade a d wen a dade power came to them TWO YEARS straight it was ugly. you can talk crazy when you in 4a suburban i guess but dont get too loud. this aint 05 and we is not polk county or sta. 

How can you call out schools you’re scared to even go play. When was the last time Lakeland even in south Florida let alone Mia.

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

How can you call out schools you’re scared to even go play. When was the last time Lakeland even in south Florida let alone Mia.

First off let's be clear I am not a fan of Lakeland, but Skyway promoting them as world beaters isn't the same as how this thread portrays them.....LAKELAND Calls out Dade.  Also, all the transfers they have gotten hasn't convince me that we can't compete with them.  However to address your question of when they can compete with SFL schools, they beat STA in the championship game in 2018, 33-20.  As for dissing of other "North and Central FL" schools.... the following 2 years STA beat Edgewater those were competitive games.   DP  beat Atlantic in state championship in 2017, Mandarin beat Columbus in 2018, Columbus beat Apopka by 1 (21-20) in 2019,  Seminole was state champ in 2020 and Venice in 2021.  The year (2019) Columbus was state champ we lost to them 21-17 with an opportunity to win at the end and in 2020 we beat Palmetto in Miami to advance to the championship game against Seminole.   I do agree that SFL is more loaded and has more quality teams, which is dictated by population, so I am not dissing them as they do have great teams.  Lastly, I don't recall Dillard venturing out north against those few quality teams you seem to mock.

3 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

First off let's be clear I am not a fan of Lakeland, but Skyway promoting them as world beaters isn't the same as how this thread portrays them.....LAKELAND Calls out Dade.  Also, all the transfers they have gotten hasn't convince me that we can't compete with them.  However to address your question of when they can compete with SFL schools, they beat STA in the championship game in 2018, 33-20.  As for dissing of other "North and Central FL" schools.... the following 2 years STA beat Edgewater those were competitive games.   DP  beat Atlantic in state championship in 2017, Mandarin beat Columbus in 2018, Columbus beat Apopka by 1 (21-20) in 2019,  Seminole was state champ in 2020 and Venice in 2021.  The year (2019) Columbus was state champ we lost to them 21-17 with an opportunity to win at the end and in 2020 we beat Palmetto in Miami to advance to the championship game against Seminole.   I do agree that SFL is more loaded and has more quality teams, which is dictated by population, so I am not dissing them as they do have great teams.  Lastly, I don't recall Dillard venturing out north against those few quality teams you seem to mock.

If it come as mocking then I apologize I’ve never mocked any team on here that’s not my style. Also most if not all of those games you’ve mentioned were playoff & state championship games. 

Dillard backs down from no one win or lose, we traveled to iMG when no one else would, we traveled to lake Gibson when they were a state power, but in the playoffs we never get to play any up north schools because with the region Dillard is in we go south early in the playoffs.

Even  this year we’re stepping out of SFL & we’re traveling to Tallahassee to face a formidable opponent in Lincoln.

21 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

Some points here:

1) these kids have played together before. They played together as younger kids, and they play pickup games in local parks together. They've traveled on recruiting trips together, too. That's part of why they wanted to play the season together.

2) Lakeland's record against Dade is obscenely in favor of Lakeland, and they've almost certainly played more games against Dade teams than any other program not in the tri-county area of South Florida. Carol city was real good in 2015 and 2016, and Lakeland was nowhere near their best those seasons.

3) It seems pretty clear some Dade (including Central) teams have ducked them this year. Sure, Lakeland is up and Central is down. And perhaps it's true that when those roles were reversed, it was the other way around. In that case, they are each guilty of the same thing.

4) Hopefully, there can be a bowl game of sorts after the season between metro and suburban champs.

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

If it come as mocking then I apologize I’ve never mocked any team on here that’s not my style. Also most if not all of those games you’ve mentioned were playoff & state championship games. 

Dillard backs down from no one win or lose, we traveled to iMG when no one else would, we traveled to lake Gibson when they were a state power, but in the playoffs we never get to play any up north schools because with the region Dillard is in we go south early in the playoffs.

Even  this year we’re stepping out of SFL & we’re traveling to Tallahassee to face a formidable opponent in Lincoln.

Traveling long distances for games in which a sponsor is not footing most/all of the bill are bad ideas for all public school teams (and most privates, too). We shouldn't mock some for not playing such games, while letting others off the hook. Teams should play other teams within no more than a couple hours' drive. This means that teams in urban areas with several good teams are more likely to play more elite teams.

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

When you decided to drag in schools from central or north FL not involved in this dust up between Cribboy and Skyway with a statement that our best can't compete with the south's best it did appear to "MOCK" those squads.  So I simply pointed out recent history of how some of those area schools best teams did against the best from the south, yes championship games.  Lincoln has had some great teams and has a great tradition, time will tell if they are a formidable team this year.  Hope they are to give you the challenge you seek, just pointing out the recent top tier teams up this way are half the distance to Tallahassee.

23 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

Nobody checks for South Florida, though. We all know it’s a bloodbath down there, oozing with talent from wall to wall. However, there are some Central Florida squads that could compete in good “up” years: Cocoa, Lakeland, Osceola, West Orange, all are nothing to sneeze at...

1 hour ago, skyway said:

Some points here:

1) these kids have played together before. They played together as younger kids, and they play pickup games in local parks together. They've traveled on recruiting trips together, too. That's part of why they wanted to play the season together.

2) Lakeland's record against Dade is obscenely in favor of Lakeland, and they've almost certainly played more games against Dade teams than any other program not in the tri-county area of South Florida. Carol city was real good in 2015 and 2016, and Lakeland was nowhere near their best those seasons.

3) It seems pretty clear some Dade (including Central) teams have ducked them this year. Sure, Lakeland is up and Central is down. And perhaps it's true that when those roles were reversed, it was the other way around. In that case, they are each guilty of the same thing.

4) Hopefully, there can be a bowl game of sorts after the season between metro and suburban champs.

idc why they wanted to play together. doesn’t matter. That was never my point. but tell me honestly.. do you believe everything you just said? 

central ducked lakeland?????

3 time state champs… went way to cali to play sjb & always playing the best, ducked lakeland? you need to stay off social media jit. cent schedule was already done before them kids even transferred. nobody was checking for lakeland man. name the teams lakeland has played from miami, it wont include central or the west or booker t & definitely not carol city anymore. they play low tier dade teams & boast it. clownery

3 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Nobody checks for South Florida, though. We all know it’s a bloodbath down there, oozing with talent from wall to wall. However, there are some Central Florida squads that could compete in good “up” years: Cocoa, Lakeland, Osceola, West Orange, all are nothing to sneeze at...

i never mentioned central florida bossman. strictly that team from polk county, but since you do mention it.. osceola aint all dat. barely beat a beat up palmetto team & could not finish the drill. cocoa cant get it done to save they life, lakeland aint did nothing since 18 & before that is irrelevant. west orange never did anything to anybody ever, i think. never heard nothing bout em. minus west orange the rest are formidable opponents in good years tho. point is lakeland tried they luck 15 & 16, mind you never traveling to miami. ranked both years #1 in 7a “supposedly” & got smashed at they crib by a real dade power. 

On 6/8/2022 at 11:52 PM, cribboy305 said:

I don't see Lakeland traveling to Miami as long as Coach Castle is there.  The one game I remember being scheduled in Miami was canceled due to Hurricane Andrew.

32 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

i never mentioned central florida bossman. strictly that team from polk county, but since you do mention it.. osceola aint all dat. barely beat a beat up palmetto team & could not finish the drill. cocoa cant get it done to save they life, lakeland aint did nothing since 18 & before that is irrelevant. west orange never did anything to anybody ever, i think. never heard nothing bout em. minus west orange the rest are formidable opponents in good years tho. point is lakeland tried they luck 15 & 16, mind you never traveling to miami. ranked both years #1 in 7a “supposedly” & got smashed at they crib by a real dade power. 

Well maybe a Lakeland “up” year and a Miami Central “down” year would be a good game. But we all know the 305 runs Florida ball so no need to validate that. I’m a Venice fan CB, I know all about those South Florida squads. I’ve seen them play up close and personal; those kids are tough as nails and they have mountains of heart and grit to prove it. They’ve whipped our tails on the mat several times before: STA, Chaminade, AHP, Gibbons, have all given us the business on various occasions! Lol 

16 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Well maybe a Lakeland “up” year and a Miami Central “down” year would be a good game. But we all know the 305 runs Florida ball so no need to validate that. I’m a Venice fan CB, I know all about those South Florida squads. I’ve seen them play up close and personal; those kids are tough as nails and they have mountains of heart and grit to prove it. They’ve whipped our tails on the mat several times before: STA, Chaminade, AHP, Gibbons, have all given us the business on various occasions! Lol 

thats no bad thing. venice always in the mix goin against  the best, can’t do nothing but respect it. especially after last season, yall showed me forsure.

16 hours ago, Nulli Secundus said:

I don't see Lakeland traveling to Miami as long as Coach Castle is there.  The one game I remember being scheduled in Miami was canceled due to Hurricane Andrew.

mannn andrew was before i was even born, why not? traz is the mecca & lakeland playing any top 10 dade team would be a good game. i don’t get it

10 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

mannn andrew was before i was even born, why not? traz is the mecca & lakeland playing any top 10 dade team would be a good game. i don’t get it

Hell at one point it seem Dillard was playing at traz almost every other year and if it wasn’t at traz a power from traz was traveling to DILLARD 

In the last 10 years alone, we have played NORLAND the year after their undefeated season (duke Johnson era) in the playoffs 

next year carol city & at  MIAMI central

next year carol city 

next year at carol city 

next year jackson, & MIAMI central 

next year MIAMI central 

next year at North MIAMI beach in the tri county state championship 

8 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

ima bull 4 life but i done been all thru the city so i love everybody.

I hear ya loud and clear! I’ve been to Miami a few times. I used to have a cousin who lived down there. I know how seriously you all take football, practicing it like a damn religion! Lol. But I know those young men got a lotta heart, those inner city kids fight thru poverty, crime, and everything else everyday to survive and keep going. Have nothing but respect for them, Miami can be a tough place to live but those kids are as tough as concrete and just fire right back. Roland Smith was an awesome Coach, I know the Rocboyz are gonna miss him. He deserves every penny of his promotion, though!

On 6/9/2022 at 1:34 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

One thing bout north Florida & central Florida ; even in their best year with their most stacked team they still struggle or str8 out lose to a lot of south Florida powers. 

it’s like how many years have schools in north & central Florida had undefeated to one lost records, had all these transfers & still lost by double digits to a south Florida school which most times wasn’t even a power house. 

Prime examples are 

Mainland 2010-2018 lost to Central, Northwestern and Carol City in the regular season and playoffs 

and

Cocoa 2011-2015 lost to Booker T. Washington in the playoffs

8 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I hear ya loud and clear! I’ve been to Miami a few times. I used to have a cousin who lived down there. I know how seriously you all take football, practicing it like a damn religion! Lol. But I know those young men got a lotta heart, those inner city kids fight thru poverty, crime, and everything else everyday to survive and keep going. Have nothing but respect for them, Miami can be a tough place to live but those kids are as tough as concrete and just fire right back. Roland Smith was an awesome Coach, I know the Rocboyz are gonna miss him. He deserves every penny of his promotion, though!

yea man real life all we knew as kids was football, started superpeewees at the age of 4. i feel the reason we love football so much was cause we seen how good others kids were from the parks to going to da west cent & booker t games during 2007-2011. i can tell you now its some guys i grew up with who were special.. like on a different level playing ball, allstars in optimist but those streets was no don’t spare nobody . jits 13,14 having to be the man of the house then come to football practice like it’s nothing. 

10 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

yea man real life all we knew as kids was football, started superpeewees at the age of 4. i feel the reason we love football so much was cause we seen how good others kids were from the parks to going to da west cent & booker t games during 2007-2011. i can tell you now its some guys i grew up with who were special.. like on a different level playing ball, allstars in optimist but those streets was no don’t spare nobody . jits 13,14 having to be the man of the house then come to football practice like it’s nothing. 

Anyone on this forum who questions that the most talent is in Dade has not been paying attention of their success over several decades at the HS level.  The top 4 or 5 teams from that area when they are stacked can not only beat the teams you described which are excellent also, but any other team in Miami or Florida or for that matter only a few nationally could compete with them.   It also doesn't hurt to have a talent pool of almost 3 million residents to cull the best players from and that was proven decades ago by Schellenberger putting the "U" on the map with national championships with mostly local talent.  That said, being in a University town as well as an NFL town puts the sport front and center.  These are also factors for the continued dominance in HS as young kids have "Local Heroes" who have made it out of the tough environment they had to grow up in.  Other communities throughout the state have young kids dealing with that also which produce top tier talent, just not in the numbers and with few success stories on the local level to help them believe it can be done.  When flush Central Rockets, BTW, MNW, Carol City, etc.. are in a league of their own.  There is no denying that.