LAKELAND Calls out dade county

cribboy305

18 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

how so? only 11 on defense & 11 on O. you are right, some teams have it better than others when it comes to talent pool but understand hard work always beats talent. some counties can afford better coaching staffs & better facilities, would you say that was an unfair playing field?

Cribboy, let me see if I can put this terms that make more sense to you.  

Up until a few years ago, kids were supposed to attend high school based on where they lived, right?  If you lived in the Miami Central zone, you went to Central.  If you lived in the Northwestern zone, you went to NW.  If you lived in the Booker T. Washington  zone, you went to BTW.  At least that's the way it was supposed to work.  If you wanted to play for a different school, your family had to move or you had to break the rules and hope you didn't get caught. 

Well, all that changed.   School choice.  If a kid lives in the Central zone, he can go to Central.  Or he can go to NW. Or he can go to BTW.   His choice.  As long as the kid can get to the school, he can pretty much go to any school he wants to, right? 

So, now the kids are getting together, playing on 7 on 7 all-star teams and deciding which school they all want to go to.  Maybe they all decide to go to Central this year.  And then a couple of years from now, NW becomes the "it" school.   And a couple years after that, BTW is the place to play.   All of those schools are in the same boat -- they can all accept transfers.  Thus, the playing field is level. 

Now, let's say the Miami-Dade school boards gets together and decides that it will no longer permit kids to transfer into Central.   Perhaps it's full.  Or it's going to be renovated so it can only accommodate a certain number of kids during the five-year long construction process.  For whatever reason, the school board passes a rule that says unless you live in the Central zone, you can't go to Central.  Period.   When all those kids get together for their 7 on 7 practices and games, and they start talking about where they all want to play together, one of the kids says "you boys need to come join me at Central."  The others either already know or soon find out they can't transfer to Central.  So they all decide to go to NW or BTW instead.  And they take the Central kid with them.  Sure, Central still gets some talented kids -- the ones who live in the district and who decide to stay there and not transfer to NW or BTW.  But they aren't going to be able to compete against teams that also have talented kids and who can get even better by accepting transfers.  In my opinion, the field would be tilted against Central. 

Better coaches?  Better facilities?  Sure, these things always have the ability to make a difference in how good of a football team a school can have.  I've seen schools with lots of talent, but mediocre coaching and run-down facilities.  These teams generally can only go so far before the meet up with a team that also has talent, but who has better coaching and who works harder.  But (and recognizing the huge difference between public schools and private schools when it comes to facilities), there's no rule in place that limits a school's ability to attract good coaching or put in better facilities.  Certainly other factors tilt the field in favor of or against certain schools, but, again, there's no a rule that keeps a particular school from doing a better job.  There is, however, a rule that keep certain schools from accepting transfers.  That's why I say it's not an even playing field.  

But, this situation may only apply to a small handful of public schools across the state and most of these schools are going to be top-notch academic schools.  And, with a very small handful of exceptions, there are not that many "A" rated public schools that also have really good football programs.  So, for the most part, no one is going to care.   I just happen to be familiar with an "A" school that had a top-tier football program for the better part of a decade and a half before hitting a rough patch.  Unfortunately, their timing was terrible, as it corresponded with the implementation of school choice.  Now, that school is going to have a difficult, if not impossible, task of getting back into the upper echelon of Florida high school football because they cannot accept transfers . . .  like virtually every other school in the County can do.  

So, that's how so. 

2 hours ago, Perspective said:

Up until a few years ago, kids were supposed to attend high school based on where they lived, right?  If you lived in the Miami Central zone, you went to Central.  If you lived in the Northwestern zone, you went to NW.  If you lived in the Booker T. Washington  zone, you went to BTW.  At least that's the way it was supposed to work.  If you wanted to play for a different school, your family had to move or you had to break the rules and hope you didn't get caught. 

Well, all that changed.   School choice.  If a kid lives in the Central zone, he can go to Central.  Or he can go to NW. Or he can go to BTW.   His choice.  As long as the kid can get to the school, he can pretty much go to any school he wants to, right? 

So, now the kids are getting together, playing on 7 on 7 all-star teams and deciding which school they all want to go to.  Maybe they all decide to go to Central this year.  And then a couple of years from now, NW becomes the "it" school.   And a couple years after that, BTW is the place to play.   All of those schools are in the same boat -- they can all accept transfers.  Thus, the playing field is level. 

Now, let's say the Miami-Dade school boards gets together and decides that it will no longer permit kids to transfer into Central.   Perhaps it's full.  Or it's going to be renovated so it can only accommodate a certain number of kids during the five-year long construction process.  For whatever reason, the school board passes a rule that says unless you live in the Central zone, you can't go to Central.  Period.   When all those kids get together for their 7 on 7 practices and games, and they start talking about where they all want to play together, one of the kids says "you boys need to come join me at Central."  The others either already know or soon find out they can't transfer to Central.  So they all decide to go to NW or BTW instead.  And they take the Central kid with them.  Sure, Central still gets some talented kids -- the ones who live in the district and who decide to stay there and not transfer to NW or BTW.  But they aren't going to be able to compete against teams that also have talented kids and who can get even better by accepting transfers.  In my opinion, the field would be tilted against Central. 

Better coaches?  Better facilities?  Sure, these things always have the ability to make a difference in how good of a football team a school can have.  I've seen schools with lots of talent, but mediocre coaching and run-down facilities.  These teams generally can only go so far before the meet up with a team that also has talent, but who has better coaching and who works harder.  But (and recognizing the huge difference between public schools and private schools when it comes to facilities), there's no rule in place that limits a school's ability to attract good coaching or put in better facilities.  Certainly other factors tilt the field in favor of or against certain schools, but, again, there's no a rule that keeps a particular school from doing a better job.  There is, however, a rule that keep certain schools from accepting transfers.  That's why I say it's not an even playing field.  

But, this situation may only apply to a small handful of public schools across the state and most of these schools are going to be top-notch academic schools.  And, with a very small handful of exceptions, there are not that many "A" rated public schools that also have really good football programs.  So, for the most part, no one is going to care.   I just happen to be familiar with an "A" school that had a top-tier football program for the better part of a decade and a half before hitting a rough patch.  Unfortunately, their timing was terrible, as it corresponded with the implementation of school choice.  Now, that school is going to have a difficult, if not impossible, task of getting back into the upper echelon of Florida high school football because they cannot accept transfers . . .  like virtually every other school in the County can do.  

So, that's how so. 

dont undermine my competence cause i dont talk like yourself sir, you are clearly biased in your opinion on the matter. Why? probably because your team doesn’t win. either way i’m not reading all that, you said alot to merely say nothing at all. all of what you said are only “ifs” and “whims” rather than facts. mostly every county allows transfers now and it’s pretty open as far as i can tell. it means nothing tho in the grand scheme of things if you aren’t winning. 

On 6/18/2022 at 2:53 AM, FBGUY1989 said:

Your missing the point. Miami schools aren't scared to play anyone it's just that now they have to beat up on each other. In 2019 Booker T. Washington, Columbus, Central and Northwestern all brought a state title back and you might now see that again.

SFL may very well win all 4 metro divisions and they would have swept states 

I don't see how this is an issue because you can argue every class of the metros has at least 2-3 SFL teams better than anyone else in FL

4M may be the only one without a clear cut winner but that's primarily what 8a was previously which was wide open and maybe 1M but that's only because TCA has had Chaminade number in state title games

But what I don't get is the same people complaining about the lack of competitive state title games are complaining about this system which is designed to correct that 

Under the current state law and abuse of open transfers it isn't a level playing field and state title games will never grow to be competitive under the previous system no matter how many changes they make to the playoff seeding system 

21 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

dont undermine my competence cause i dont talk like yourself sir, you are clearly biased in your opinion on the matter. Why? probably because your team doesn’t win. either way i’m not reading all that, you said alot to merely say nothing at all. all of what you said are only “ifs” and “whims” rather than facts. mostly every county allows transfers now and it’s pretty open as far as i can tell. it means nothing tho in the grand scheme of things if you aren’t winning. 

Not every county is a county with a million people + to pull from 

Those are facts

How exactly is a team from a rural FL supposed to compete with Miami Central or Northwestern who get 20+ transfers EVERY off-season all because they have similar school numbers? That makes no sense whatsoever under the current rules

22 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

If I insulted you, I apologize.   That's not my M.O.  I was not trying to talk down to you; instead I was trying to give you a "local" example.   I suggested a hypothetical scenario that could happen in Miami-Dade that is currently happening for real in Hillsborough County.  

Since you're "not reading all that," I'll keep this post short and sweet.  Fact:  not all public schools can accept transfers.  Fact: that creates an uneven playing field.  Period. 

As for whether the school I'm talking about wins or not, I can tell you this much:  between 2005 and 2018, they won 58 consecutive district games and they won four state championships.

On 6/18/2022 at 3:23 PM, Perspective said:

So, that's how so. 

You don't know Miami football at all. If a kid wants to go to Booker T. Washington, Central or Northwestern he's going no matter what. You'll end up using someone else's address and if that doesn't work the coaches and administration gone fine a way to make it happen. Not gone say Booker T. Washington because there alumni isn't strong but now Northwestern alumni don't play about football especially when they winning and if they need a kid to come he's coming.

7 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

You don't know Miami football at all. If a kid wants to go to Booker T. Washington, Central or Northwestern he's going no matter what. You'll end up using someone else's address and if that doesn't work the coaches and administration gone fine a way to make it happen. Not gone say Booker T. Washington because there alumni isn't strong but now Northwestern alumni don't play about football especially when they winning and if they need a kid to come he's coming.

FBGuy, you just proved my point:   Using another person's address to attend a school that you were not zoned for was a blatant violation of FHSAA rules.  Plain and simple.  If the coaches and administration were complicit, that's an even bigger problem.  I am very well aware that all of that happened.  But none of the powerhouse Miami schools turned in the others because they all knew they were doing the same thing.   Honor among thieves.  

Of course, now it doesn't matter.  No need to use another person's address because of school choice.   Just go to what ever school you want to go to.  Until you can't. 

8 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Same thing happens in Duval 

I've had parents in Duval tell me that coaches from the winning programs (this was like 3-4 years ago) will text parents to try and get them to transfer their kid to their school 

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I've had parents in Duval tell me that coaches from the winning programs (this was like 3-4 years ago) will text parents to try and get them to transfer their kid to their school 

Attraction is fine and perfectly legal, as there is no real way to stop a kid from wanting to go to a certain school. But coaches openly recruiting like this is absolutely disgraceful. 

38 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Attraction is fine and perfectly legal, as there is no real way to stop a kid from wanting to go to a certain school. But coaches openly recruiting like this is absolutely disgraceful. 

It seems to be a similar situation to Dade where they all know who does but have some honor code that nobody will turn anyone in 

That's why I have not hesitated to call out Duval teams for getting transfers because I know what they are doing even if I can't present the FHSAA with proof so those schools don't deserve to get any credit for their success Because they only got it through cheating

48 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It seems to be a similar situation to Dade where they all know who does but have some honor code that nobody will turn anyone in 

That's why I have not hesitated to call out Duval teams for getting transfers because I know what they are doing even if I can't present the FHSAA with proof so those schools don't deserve to get any credit for their success Because they only got it through cheating

ColumbiaFan, I'm not trying to quibble with you or pick a fight (I promise), I'm just trying to reconcile something in my head:  how do you know what is going on, but yet you acknowledge that you don't have any proof of it?  It seems that you can't have knowledge without proof.  You can only have belief. 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Exactly my point. I'm not saying all schools but a school like Northwestern will get you at any means possible. When Northwestern was really good from 2005-2009 you couldn't tell them nothing with a 65-7 record and a national title. At times you would have thought football was more important than academics. Then again Northwestern is in an improvised neighborhood so football brought positive light to the area and school. Now these inner-city schools have talent within their neighborhood with it being majority of the team however you do get transfers in.

2 hours ago, Perspective said:

FBGuy, you just proved my point:   Using another person's address to attend a school that you were not zoned for was a blatant violation of FHSAA rules.  Plain and simple.  If the coaches and administration were complicit, that's an even bigger problem.  I am very well aware that all of that happened.  But none of the powerhouse Miami schools turned in the others because they all knew they were doing the same thing.   Honor among thieves.  

Of course, now it doesn't matter.  No need to use another person's address because of school choice.   Just go to what ever school you want to go to.  Until you can't. 

I'm not saying it's right or wrong but what can we do. Talent alone in Miami without those few key transfers coming in can still beat the breaks off most of the schools in any classification in FL.

59 minutes ago, Perspective said:

ColumbiaFan, I'm not trying to quibble with you or pick a fight (I promise), I'm just trying to reconcile something in my head:  how do you know what is going on, but yet you acknowledge that you don't have any proof of it?  It seems that you can't have knowledge without proof.  You can only have belief. 

It's not that I don't have proof I just don't have enough proof that would justify action by the state athletic body 

Most know OJ Simpson was a killer and there was proof there of it but it's not the same as being able to convict someone in court or in this case place a program under athletic probation

The reason is because the same people that gave the information won't give information to implicate a specific school but it doesn't mean it wasn't hard to figure out which teams were being referred to as rule breakers and then when you track the player movement which falls in line with the information given through the parents who confirmed what I already felt was the reality of it, then it's not hard to know the truth to the statements

58 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I'm not saying it's right or wrong but what can we do. Talent alone in Miami without those few key transfers coming in can still beat the breaks off most of the schools in any classification in FL.

Which kinda shows that now that teams can get loaded in transfers under the current rules the metros should be separated as they have a distinct advantage that will only continue to get worse and we will never be able to attain competitive balance under the previous system 

4 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

Schools that are getting 10+ transfers annually thru "CHOICE" that are impact players doesn't happen by "ATTRACTION" but a concerted effort to pillage to win.  But proving it is very tricky and then even so, what is the deterrent.  This is why these Metro schools of any size (enrollment of 800 to 3000) build killer teams year after year after year.  It has been the case far before it was "Legalized".  Now they have to win against schools laden with talent just like theirs and they seem to be screaming bloody murder, or as they put it BEATING EACH OTHER UP.   Those critics arguing that Metro's are the only true champions, OK beat the best and quit crying about it. 

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Which kinda shows that now that teams can get loaded in transfers under the current rules the metros should be separated as they have a distinct advantage that will only continue to get worse and we will never be able to attain competitive balance under the previous system 

It is literally an ARMS RACE to the top and with Dade having an advantage of an additional 2.3 million people compared to a county like ours the outcome is pretty much pre-determined. 

52 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Schools that are getting 10+ transfers annually thru "CHOICE" that are impact players doesn't happen by "ATTRACTION" but a concerted effort to pillage to win.  But proving it is very tricky and then even so, what is the deterrent.  This is why these Metro schools of any size (enrollment of 800 to 3000) build killer teams year after year after year.  It has been the case far before it was "Legalized".  Now they have to win against schools laden with talent just like theirs and they seem to be screaming bloody murder, or as they put it BEATING EACH OTHER UP.   Those critics arguing that Metro's are the only true champions, OK beat the best and quit crying about it. 

This is why the Metro vs. Suburban split was so important. Of course the “criminals” so to speak, in this case, scream and kick and whine and cry when they get broken up because they can’t beat up on smaller schools with much smaller populations to draw from anymore. The good news with this split is that although it isn’t perfect, it at least acknowledges that there is competitive inequality between school sizes and how their football team operates in relation to them. No more schools struggling to field a football team having to play the Miami and Broward bloodhounds that will score 56 before they can even blink. 

The only bad thing about how the split was conducted is that 1A rural is still almost the same thing as what 1A was in the old system, with only few variations. Madison County will still steamroll thru it every year unless they are placed in 2A, where they actually belong. But I am very glad that Aquinas was placed in 3A metro. They should (in theory,) have more competition now that there are more schools at least as big and competitive as them stepping up to knock them down. Hope the new system is as effective as it sounds on paper. 

17 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

This is why the Metro vs. Suburban split was so important. Of course the “criminals” so to speak, in this case, scream and kick and whine and cry when they get broken up because they can’t beat up on smaller schools with much smaller populations to draw from anymore. The good news with this split is that although it isn’t perfect, it at least acknowledges that there is competitive inequality between school sizes and how their football team operates in relation to them. No more schools struggling to field a football team having to play the Miami and Broward bloodhounds that will score 56 before they can even blink. 

The only bad thing about how the split was conducted is that 1A rural is still almost the same thing as what 1A was in the old system, with only few variations. Madison County will still steamroll thru it every year unless they are placed in 2A, where they actually belong. But I am very glad that Aquinas was placed in 3A metro. They should (in theory,) have more competition now that there are more schools at least as big and competitive as them stepping up to knock them down. Hope the new system is as effective as it sounds on paper. 

We’re bloodhounds down here now lol hahahahahaha lmao lol 

18 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

But in all seriousness I Understand what you’re saying bro. It’s funny they still can’t get 1A in order even after it was made clear that madco doesn’t even belong in 1A , just like I don’t believe chaminade belong in 2A. Sure their school population says they most def belong there. But when 50% of that population is recruited football talent that’s all you need you to dominate your district & class which they have done. 

20 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

But just by curiosity in your opinion who are all (CONTENDERS) in 3A Metro ? 

10 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

But just by curiosity in your opinion who are all (CONTENDERS) in 3A Metro ? 

STA, Dillard, and Homestead all appear to be the frontrunners at this point. If STA loses their district to Dillard, the Panthers would almost certainly have HFA thru the playoffs; basically handing them a ticket to the state championship. Don’t know if there is anyone in the 3A metro playoffs that will be able to knock off Dillard other than STA. It might be cliche to say, but I really think this is the year of the Panthers. They might be fielding their best team in collective school history and on top of this, STA is going to have a fairly young offense this season; therefore, (on paper,) I think Dillard should be favored to take home the 3A crown. 

6 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

STA, Dillard, and Homestead all appear to be the frontrunners at this point. If STA loses their district to Dillard, the Panthers would almost certainly have HFA thru the playoffs; basically handing them a ticket to the state championship. Don’t know if there is anyone in the 3A metro playoffs that will be able to knock off Dillard other than STA. It might be cliche to say, but I really think this is the year of the Panthers. They might be fielding their best team in collective school history and on top of this, STA is going to have a fairly young offense this season; therefore, (on paper,) I think Dillard should be favored to take home the 3A crown. 

I thought homestead wasn’t in another classification. I would love to see they ass again. 

outside of that it’s crazy Dillard went (9-1) last year & was a district runner up lol, looking back we would have been on the road up until the state title game. 

@FTL

@ homestead 

@STA 

HFA is gonna b key even tho it’s crazy I think our crowd is more rowdy on the road in big game’s lol 

4 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I thought homestead wasn’t in another classification. I would love to see they ass again. 

outside of that it’s crazy Dillard went (9-1) last year & was a district runner up lol, looking back we would have been on the road up until the state title game. 

@FTL

@ homestead 

@STA 

HFA is gonna b key even tho it’s crazy I think our crowd is more rowdy on the road in big game’s lol