LAKELAND Calls out dade county

cribboy305

5 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I thought homestead wasn’t in another classification. I would love to see they ass again. 

outside of that it’s crazy Dillard went (9-1) last year & was a district runner up lol, looking back we would have been on the road up until the state title game. 

@FTL

@ homestead 

@STA 

HFA is gonna b key even tho it’s crazy I think our crowd is more rowdy on the road in big game’s lol 

I didn’t mean to respond to your post twice. But yes, Homestead is in the same classification as Dillard once again. Tell me again, because my memory isn’t working very well. How is revenge best served? B)

24 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

STA, Dillard, and Homestead all appear to be the frontrunners at this point. If STA loses their district to Dillard, the Panthers would almost certainly have HFA thru the playoffs; basically handing them a ticket to the state championship. Don’t know if there is anyone in the 3A metro playoffs that will be able to knock off Dillard other than STA. It might be cliche to say, but I really think this is the year of the Panthers. They might be fielding their best team in collective school history and on top of this, STA is going to have a fairly young offense this season; therefore, (on paper,) I think Dillard should be favored to take home the 3A crown. 

3m will be fun to watch as well as 4m. homestead got some transfers & sone young guys thats really like that. down south claim they got the best receiving core in dade plus a mean backfield. i wouldn’t sleep on homestead to be like a 2015 south dade sleeper type. 

11 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

3m will be fun to watch as well as 4m. homestead got some transfers & sone young guys thats really like that. down south claim they got the best receiving core in dade plus a mean backfield. i wouldn’t sleep on homestead to be like a 2015 south dade sleeper type. 

I will never sleep on Dade... those kids are tough as nails. 

32 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

Homestead is solid, I've been considering them for top 25-30 range in FL

I was the only one that ranked them in preseason

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

STA, Dillard, and Homestead all appear to be the frontrunners at this point. If STA loses their district to Dillard, the Panthers would almost certainly have HFA thru the playoffs; basically handing them a ticket to the state championship. Don’t know if there is anyone in the 3A metro playoffs that will be able to knock off Dillard other than STA. It might be cliche to say, but I really think this is the year of the Panthers. They might be fielding their best team in collective school history and on top of this, STA is going to have a fairly young offense this season; therefore, (on paper,) I think Dillard should be favored to take home the 3A crown. 

I think Dillard being favored is a bit of a stretch

STA has some good talent returning and their QB they will have may be one of the best to come through the school based on what I saw 

Dillard is a threat to STA but I will have to be convinced on the field that they deserve to be favored 

46 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I didn’t mean to respond to your post twice. But yes, Homestead is in the same classification as Dillard once again. Tell me again, because my memory isn’t working very well. How is revenge best served? B)

Honestly I think Dillard overlooked homestead and it cost them which I remember pointing out during a Twitter space (Dillard knows this as does Joshua as it was his Florida HS football space on Twitter) that homestead was a team that could knock Dillard off and were better than people were giving them credit for

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

I would love to play em again , the more I look at that game the more homestead was the team playing with house money. They had nothing to lose. 

add that playing in front of their home crowd who most def came out for once and Filled up their side. Their announcer kept the home team hyped all night. 

add the fact it rained all night and for some reason Dillard WRS forget how to catch in inclimiate weather, it was a perfect storm and homestead took advantage as they should have. 

then to add insult to injury our crowd attendance was pathetic because they didn’t want to drive a hour in constant rain to exit 1 when they was sure Dillard would be facing STA the next week & look what happen. 

Just now, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I would love to play em again , the more I look at that game the more homestead was the team playing with house money. They had nothing to lose. 

add that playing in front of their home crowd who most def came out for once and Filled up their side. Their announcer kept the home team hyped all night. 

add the fact it rained all night and for some reason Dillard WRS forget how to catch in inclimiate weather, it was a perfect storm and homestead took advantage as they should have. 

then to add insult to injury our crowd attendance was pathetic because they didn’t want to drive a hour in constant rain to exit 1 when they was sure Dillard would be facing STA the next week & look what happen. 

@ColumbiaHighFan2017class

6 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Which kinda shows that now that teams can get loaded in transfers under the current rules the metros should be separated as they have a distinct advantage that will only continue to get worse and we will never be able to attain competitive balance under the previous system 

Oh so when Pahokee and Glades Central were good what were we all saying then. Both schools don't have have a big area to pull in transfers from and what about Madison County. Madison County with 500 students 

8 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

That reasoning with all due respect is why I feel Dillard is a step below an elite team 

A team like Dillard is still trying to prove they can stand on par with the STA and other elite teams in SFL so they should have seen homestead as a stepping stone and treated them as such but they let them sneak up on them and homestead made Dillard pay for it 

Dillard needs to remember that when your trying to reclaim the top spot that you can't let anyone else outshine you, elite teams just bury teams and take their spotlight because nothing matters except reaching the mountaintop again 

4 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Oh so when Pahokee and Glades Central were good what were we all saying then. Both schools don't have have a big area to pull in transfers from and what about Madison County. Madison County with 500 students 

I wasn't following last time the Muck were powerhouses but I also don't think the transfer problem was as bad then as it has become now 

In terms of Madison the reason they dominate is because the 1a teams are mostly middle schools playing at the high school level, Madison doesn't get a lot of transfers but if you put them in a higher classification they would get exposed

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That reasoning with all due respect is why I feel Dillard is a step below an elite team 

A team like Dillard is still trying to prove they can stand on par with the STA and other elite teams in SFL so they should have seen homestead as a stepping stone and treated them as such but they let them sneak up on them and homestead made Dillard pay for it 

Dillard needs to remember that when your trying to reclaim the top spot that you can't let anyone else outshine you, elite teams just bury teams and take their spotlight because nothing matters except reaching the mountaintop again 

That’s where I respectfully disagree Dillard has already shown they go TOE TO TOE with not only elite teams but nationally ranked teams EX “STA @ STA” & to a lesser degree CM even tho it was a shut out it was a defensive battle in a KOC. 

homestead & Dillard were BOTH (10-1) coming into that game as great as Dillard was last year anything can happen on the road in incimate weather when a team is as desperate as you. 

could Dillard have been looking ahead to STA of course, but make no mistake homestead was not a push over 2nd round opponent. Dillard was the better team but homestead played better that night that’s all.

11 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I wasn't following last time the Muck were powerhouses but I also don't think the transfer problem was as bad then as it has become now 

In terms of Madison the reason they dominate is because the 1a teams are mostly middle schools playing at the high school level, Madison doesn't get a lot of transfers but if you put them in a higher classification they would get exposed

Look at STA @ madarian , everybody picked STA in a DOUBLE land slide & madarian clipped they ass that night. Run that game back and STA win by 30+

point is anything can happen on the road when it’s two great teams playing that’s the whole point of the playoffs especially in the latter round. Unfortunately one team has to lose. 

30 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Look at STA @ madarian , everybody picked STA in a DOUBLE land slide & madarian clipped they ass that night. Run that game back and STA win by 30+

point is anything can happen on the road when it’s two great teams playing that’s the whole point of the playoffs especially in the latter round. Unfortunately one team has to lose. 

Mandarin got blown out by STA

Your talking about Tampa Jesuit who finished the year argubly as the best team in Florida 

20 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Your talking about Tampa Jesuit who finished the year argubly as the best team in Florida 

Not this past year I’m talkin bout in the playoffs about two years ago STA WENT on the road as heavy favs & lost 

& it was Venice my apologies 

23 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

25 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

And they are in 3M this year along with Tampa Bay Tech and Armwood out of Hillsborough.  Don't know what the Jax schools will have in that classification, but Edgewater and Jones from our region are dangerous as well. Both STA victories over Edgewater in recent championship games were very competitive.  Jones is a very athletic team, talented team that has had trouble getting over the hump but on any given night is good enough to pull an upset. 

30 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

And they are in 3M this year along with Tampa Bay Tech and Armwood out of Hillsborough.  Don't know what the Jax schools will have in that classification, but Edgewater and Jones from our region are dangerous as well. Both STA victories over Edgewater in recent championship games were very competitive.  Jones is a very athletic team, talented team that has had trouble getting over the hump but on any given night is good enough to pull an upset. 

1M will have UC and TCA and 2M will have Bolles and Ed White

3M and 4M won't have a lot of good Duval teams, at least not a state championship contender level

40 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Not this past year I’m talkin bout in the playoffs about two years ago STA WENT on the road as heavy favs & lost 

& it was Venice my apologies 

Venice in 2017? That STA team who looked vulnerable all year and was probably their weakest team of the last decade?

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Honestly I think Dillard overlooked homestead and it cost them which I remember pointing out during a Twitter space (Dillard knows this as does Joshua as it was his Florida HS football space on Twitter) that homestead was a team that could knock Dillard off and were better than people were giving them credit for

All correct points that are easy to verify. Also, I will add that you should always respect a playoff opponent, no matter who they are or where you are playing. It’s not like baseball where you can just kind of shrug off a loss and say, “well, we just had a bad night.” One “bad night” in football in the playoffs  could mean a loss and an end to state championship dreams. 

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I told you Dillard Fan, you ALWAYS respect a playoff team. No matter who they are. Records go out the window in playoff games. It doesn’t matter if they are 0-10, 1-9, 6-4, or hold a perfect record. You should never overlook the opponent in front of you if you want to win and make it to a state championship. I don’t care if you have to play Boyd Andersen and then Mater Dei; you always keep your eyes in front of you. Football is a game of inches, man. A game of inches.

3 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I think Dillard being favored is a bit of a stretch

STA has some good talent returning and their QB they will have may be one of the best to come through the school based on what I saw 

Dillard is a threat to STA but I will have to be convinced on the field that they deserve to be favored 

Agree with you, It was me that favored Dillard to win. Analytics and matchups player-for-player will favor STA. What Dillard does well is playing together as a team. Do some more with a little less. They have talent and a good team returning on top of their transfers. Will this be good enough to defeat the Raiders? I certainly hope so, but even though the Panthers are at home it’s still going to take an enormous effort from the entire team to knock off STA for the district title and possibly the right to HFA. The last place you want to go is Brian Piccolo Stadium. 

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

1M will have UC and TCA and 2M will have Bolles and Ed White

3M and 4M won't have a lot of good Duval teams, at least not a state championship contender level

I said Jones has had trouble getting over the hump as they have come close, but no cigar yet.  They played in the championship game (2019) in a loss to Northwestern recently. Then last year lost on the road to a Pine Forest team who gave Jesuit all they wanted in the championship; it was a game they should have won.  Their coach Elijah Williams of Gator fame has done a very good job of not only keeping their talent, but also getting some quality transfers to bolster the roster.   If the 22-23 schedule is any indication of their goal and belief it includes KOC with Northwestern, early games vs Cocoa, Duncanville (TX), Edgewater and IMG Academy, all on the road except for one.  Plus Boone and Dr. Phillips along with their mandatory district games.  It is going to be a long, hot summer with more movement in that "transfer portal" so we will have a better idea in mid August.  Falling asleep on these guys will be a mistake. 

1 hour ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

I told you Dillard Fan, you ALWAYS respect a playoff team. No matter who they are. Records go out the window in playoff games. It doesn’t matter if they are 0-10, 1-9, 6-4, or hold a perfect record. You should never overlook the opponent in front of you if you want to win and make it to a state championship. I don’t care if you have to play Boyd Andersen and then Mater Dei; you always keep your eyes in front of you. Football is a game of inches, man. A game of inches.

I agree with you on this. In 2009 Miramar came to Traz Powell stadium and beat Central 21-14. I was sitting on Central side and all you could hear were people saying who taking the bus up, who's riding with who, what hotel we staying in, tailgating, after party, planning a parade and so on. Central looked at Miramar in my opinion as a Broward school and they can't hang with us. Point is don't overlook anyone because on any given day it can go one way or the other.

1 hour ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I agree with you on this. In 2009 Miramar came to Traz Powell stadium and beat Central 21-14. I was sitting on Central side and all you could hear were people saying who taking the bus up, who's riding with who, what hotel we staying in, tailgating, after party, planning a parade and so on. Central looked at Miramar in my opinion as a Broward school and they can't hang with us. Point is don't overlook anyone because on any given day it can go one way or the other.

Exactly that’s when you get caught slipping.