LAKELAND Calls out dade county

cribboy305

20 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I agree with you on this. In 2009 Miramar came to Traz Powell stadium and beat Central 21-14. I was sitting on Central side and all you could hear were people saying who taking the bus up, who's riding with who, what hotel we staying in, tailgating, after party, planning a parade and so on. Central looked at Miramar in my opinion as a Broward school and they can't hang with us. Point is don't overlook anyone because on any given day it can go one way or the other.

miramar had that squad tho. alotta carol city kids was on that team & they was well put together 

50 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Oh yeah that's true but even so Central thought they'd still beat them.

i remember that year real vivid. i watched the game live, central had a big head cause they beat up on the west the game prior. central disappointed us cause that was supposed to been our year again. but yeah they did think they had it. that was a sad day in robinhood i tell u that much

24 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

i remember that year real vivid. i watched the game live, central had a big head cause they beat up on the west the game prior. central disappointed us cause that was supposed to been our year again. but yeah they did think they had it. that was a sad day in robinhood i tell u that much

The thing is people feel like the road to state goes through South Florida and if you beat one of the schools down here it's yours. However Miami doesn't feel like that. Miami schools see it as you got to get through us to make it but after 2009 Central took off and hasn't looked back.

1 hour ago, FBGUY1989 said:

The thing is people feel like the road to state goes through South Florida and if you beat one of the schools down here it's yours. However Miami doesn't feel like that. Miami schools see it as you got to get through us to make it but after 2009 Central took off and hasn't looked back.

What’s insane is to think MC first championship came in 2009 when they have been around & have had major talent roam through those halls way before then. 

i still remember that game at Lockhart when they came down to play cypress bay, I think the final score was like 56-59 or suem like that lol.

1 hour ago, FBGUY1989 said:

But as far as central Florida & up north Florida teams feeling like they have to get through south Florida as a whole, particularly broward & MIAMI , that’s been the mantra going back to the 80s & 90s. 

especially in the late 90s early 2000s broward tapped dade county ass on several occasions & at the Mecca at that. 

I’ll never forget in 2001 that run Dillard went on went through MIAMI central, carol city & Jackson to get to the title game. that Jackson game ended like (6-3) in favor of Dillard. It was a cool ass night to whewwww the Mecca was dumb packed. 

On 6/20/2022 at 5:09 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I wasn't following last time the Muck were powerhouses but I also don't think the transfer problem was as bad then as it has become now 

In terms of Madison the reason they dominate is because the 1a teams are mostly middle schools playing at the high school level, Madison doesn't get a lot of transfers but if you put them in a higher classification they would get exposed

Madison has beaten 3A and up state final teams. Yes they could lose to teams. But exposed,  they exposed Columbia and others yearly. 

11 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

What’s insane is to think MC first championship came in 2009 when they have been around & have had major talent roam through those halls way before then. 

i still remember that game at Lockhart when they came down to play cypress bay, I think the final score was like 56-59 or suem like that

I was at that game and sitting on Central side and again they were acting the same from the previous year against Miramar. I was saying to myself Central don't know Cypress Bay and they are as good as advertised. Central ended up winning win 30-27.

11 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

But as far as central Florida & up north Florida teams feeling like they have to get through south Florida as a whole, particularly broward & MIAMI , that’s been the mantra going back to the 80s & 90s. 

especially in the late 90s early 2000s broward tapped dade county ass on several occasions & at the Mecca at that. 

I’ll never forget in 2001 that run Dillard went on went through MIAMI central, carol city & Jackson to get to the title game. that Jackson game ended like (6-3) in favor of Dillard. It was a cool ass night to whewwww the Mecca was dumb packed. 

You right about the 90's. Southridge, Carol City and Northwestern all had two titles a piece. 

4 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

You right about the 90's. Southridge, Carol City and Northwestern all had two titles a piece. 

Not trying to get on the transfer topic but to be fair in humor it seems MNW,BTW & especially MIAMI central all took off in the title department when recruiting & transferring to wherever whenever was heavily relaxed and easy to get away with lol hahahahahahaha.

22 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Not trying to get on the transfer topic but to be fair in humor it seems MNW,BTW & especially MIAMI central all took off in the title department when recruiting & transferring to wherever whenever was heavily relaxed and easy to get away with lol hahahahahahaha.

Here's the thing about Booker T. Washington. This is an historically black high school since its inception in 1927. When integration started in 1967 the school shut down into a middle school, thus changing boundaries. All of the Overtown kids were zoned depending on where they stayed to Jackson, Miami Beach and Miami High.

Overtown has always had talent, a few transfers here and there but mostly homegrown talent. Now that Booker T. Washington is back open as a high school its not surprising that they're good and as you all can see their previous feeder schools aren't great.

Northwestern and Central have always been great but I think for Central they've finally gotten over a hump in my opinion. As for talent they both get transfers in and I'd be lying if I said they didn't. However to say the whole team is stupid considering the area and talent that flows through. You go to a park on a Saturday morning you would think it's a college game.

1 hour ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

lol you be trying to throw them lil shots i see, know you lying. dade been winning.. it just wasn’t always in liberty city & overtown. but remember the west won way way back like the 60s or 70s. when things were still kinda segregated. paved the way for inner city schools in reality. booker t been winning since they became a highschool again & cc been had state rings since the 70s. cent the only school that recently came into that light after the west coach’s went there after the natty. 

9 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

lol you be trying to throw them lil shots i see, know you lying. dade been winning.. it just wasn’t always in liberty city & overtown. but remember the west won way way back like the 60s or 70s. when things were still kinda segregated. paved the way for inner city schools in reality. booker t been winning since they became a highschool again & cc been had state rings since the 70s. cent the only school that recently came into that light after the west coach’s went there after the natty. 

I was going to mention what you just said but couldn't remember when. Not Carol City but either Booker T. Washington or Northwestern won it in the 50's or 60's but like you said back then it was segregated.

20 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

So, what you're really saying is that Miami-Dade County was doing School Choice before School Choice was really a thing.   B)

8 hours ago, Perspective said:

So, what you're really saying is that Miami-Dade County was doing School Choice before School Choice was really a thing.   B)

seems like thats what he was applying & to some degree he’s right. some kids who stayed out of zone may have went to a school but it was not common at all. back in the day we knew what school we were going to from elementary. my mama & dad graduated from the west so i was bull by default. but going to middle school in central territory every kid was a rocket! die hard at that. & living in overtown nobody even thought about going down south or to the city to play. we were 10&11 going at it about players like teddy bridgewater & vonte freeman. like we do now, so trust me it hasn’t always been the way it is now. 

2 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

seems like thats what he was applying & to some degree he’s right. some kids who stayed out of zone may have went to a school but it was not common at all. back in the day we knew what school we were going to from elementary. my mama & dad graduated from the west so i was bull by default. but going to middle school in central territory every kid was a rocket! die hard at that. & living in overtown nobody even thought about going down south or to the city to play. we were 10&11 going at it about players like teddy bridgewater & vonte freeman. like we do now, so trust me it hasn’t always been the way it is now. 

Lol that’s exactly what I was saying. If transferring and recruiting was STRICTLY enforced for private and public. I think the powerhouses and the elites u see today wouldn’t be as elite of elite at all. 

For example if STA couldn’t recruit at all & any transfers outside their school district had to sit for a calendar year with no participation in sport activities they could possibly be another belen jesuit right now. Or Columbus with only 1 title. 

in MIAMI central case , as I stated before they always was in a talent rich community, but between the lack of grades or getting into trouble outside of school a lot of their DAWGS couldn’t even put on a helmets.

once African American high school coaches in south Florida found a loop hole in the recruiting and transferring game in the middle 2000s schools like MC, MNW Carol city started becoming powerhouses. 

another perfect example , U SCHOOL, when the recruiting and the coaches that did it left so did the program. the kids nor the coaches was there for the long haul because it was their homeschool and wanted to play for and build the program & trust the process.

LAST EX: Flanagan, when bush left, so did all the transfers & recruits & My My My how the 2-3 mighty dragon has fallen, went from one of those most dominant defenses & teams in the state to a str8 laughing stock. 

12 hours ago, Perspective said:

100%. About 7 years ago before school choice, college coaches considered Dade County the "wild west" of high school football. They would complain how it was so difficult to figure out which school a player was attending from year to year. They also use to say that sometimes when they watched film with the current coach it was highlights of another team the player played for from the previous season. Kinda crazy to think that this is the norm today for most schools in metro counties and some in suburban counties. I guess since the school choice bill became active, all of Florida can now be considered the "wild west".

10 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Lol that’s exactly what I was saying. If transferring and recruiting was STRICTLY enforced for private and public. I think the powerhouses and the elites u see today wouldn’t be as elite of elite at all. 

For example if STA couldn’t recruit at all & any transfers outside their school district had to sit for a calendar year with no participation in sport activities they could possibly be another belen jesuit right now. Or Columbus with only 1 title. 

in MIAMI central case , as I stated before they always was in a talent rich community, but between the lack of grades or getting into trouble outside of school a lot of their DAWGS couldn’t even put on a helmets.

once African American high school coaches in south Florida found a loop hole in the recruiting and transferring game in the middle 2000s schools like MC, MNW Carol city started becoming powerhouses. 

another perfect example , U SCHOOL, when the recruiting and the coaches that did it left so did the program. the kids nor the coaches was there for the long haul because it was their homeschool and wanted to play for and build the program & trust the process.

LAST EX: Flanagan, when bush left, so did all the transfers & recruits & My My My how the 2-3 mighty dragon has fallen, went from one of those most dominant defenses & teams in the state to a str8 laughing stock. 

Madison almost beat that university school.  But Madison not elite lol

10 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Yeah, we lost to that "Stocked" Flanagan team in the state finals and were holding our own defensively until we lost our starting MLB (Pinellas) with a devastating knee injury just before halftime.  They took advantage of his freshman replacement on the very next play by sneaking a back out on a pass play which he misread that lead to a TD as the half ended.  We had alot more difficultly controlling the QB's running ability in the second half and had trouble moving the ball against their D.  But this as well as the "U School" are perfect examples were obvious recruiting has transpired with concrete evidence being elusive as these programs then faded into nothing.

10 hours ago, THAT S--T WAS FUNNY said:

100%. About 7 years ago before school choice, college coaches considered Dade County the "wild west" of high school football. They would complain how it was so difficult to figure out which school a player was attending from year to year. They also use to say that sometimes when they watched film with the current coach it was highlights of another team the player played for from the previous season. Kinda crazy to think that this is the norm today for most schools in metro counties and some in suburban counties. I guess since the school choice bill became active, all of Florida can now be considered the "wild west".

Very true, just the highly populated areas happen to have more "Gunslingers".

1 minute ago, Ray Icaza said:

Never said we didn't have any, just not as many.  Plus, if you look closely we do more rodeoing than shooting.

Ray, I didn't mean to imply that Osceola was part of the Wild West.   I was just looking at the picture below your name and I see a Kowboy or, a "Gunslinger."  Sometimes it's the little things that make me laugh. 

Obviously, Osceola isn't in a metropolitan area (although it's not very far from one).  That said, Osceola has created an environment that might be attractive to a kid zoned for a high school that doesn't have much in the way of a program and who is looking for a better place to showcase his talents.    Nothing wrong with that (at least not now).

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Ray, I didn't mean to imply that Osceola was part of the Wild West.   I was just looking at the picture below your name and I see a Kowboy or, a "Gunslinger."  Sometimes it's the little things that make me laugh. 

Obviously, Osceola isn't in a metropolitan area (although it's not very far from one).  That said, Osceola has created an environment that might be attractive to a kid zoned for a high school that doesn't have much in the way of a program and who is looking for a better place to showcase his talents.    Nothing wrong with that (at least not now).

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

No, I knew your comment about my LOGO (which is our team Mascot) was in jest and thought my response reflected that.  However, due to our close proximity to one of the designated Metro areas Osceola has definitely become part of the "Wild West".  Over the last couple of years we have started to experience more transfers in as well as the reverse (more transfers out).  It does tend to play out like Skyway laid out; we may get some players that can upgrade a position group and those being replaced then transfer to another school to improve their chance of participation.  Most of it is driven by players, but a large part by the parents who think they know it all; sometimes to the detriment of their child.