Chaminade-Madonna Coach Jason Milgrom resigns

gator boy

Or ... and just throwing a super crazy idea out:

The AD is a really good one who has connections (Jones) and is a smart man and knows who can do magic with programs and who is likely to accept the job on such short notice (ie not have to take the time to ponder if they want to give up their assistant coach position at another school and whatever other stuff). 

The AD is a really good one who has connections (Jones) and is a smart man and knows who can do magic with programs and who is likely to accept the job on such short notice (ie not have to take the time to ponder if they want to give up their assistant coach position at another school and whatever other stuff).

When you hiring a coach don't you usually try to interview more then one person? In these 24 hours they likely did only one interview if that, seems very quick when their were schools waiting a month to decide

It all depends on what is going on.  If this is financial aid related it may not matter who they put in there as HC.  They will probably pay Dameon Jones more money in 1 year than what he made at Hallandale in 6 years.

When you hiring a coach don't you usually try to interview more then one person? In these 24 hours they likely did only one interview if that, seems very quick when their were schools waiting a month to decide

Don't need to interview multiple people if you know enough about certain guys. 

See Oxbridge and most likely St. John Paul II (Boca - gotta say Boca now since John Paul II in Tally changed their name to that too.)

Don't need to interview multiple people if you know enough about certain guys.

See Oxbridge and most likely St. John Paul II (Boca - gotta say Boca now since John Paul II in Tally changed their name to that too.)

I've never seen a hire this quick that didn't come from a inside the program hire

It is called "BS" . They probably fed Milgrom BS every week assuring him that the financial aid would be there. Eventually the 8/1 deadline was approaching and Milgrom had enough of the BS and made a last day attempt to save his players and give them other options - because he was being fed lies and in turn felt he was telling his players and their parents lies. The school likely put him in that kind of situation, he felt horrible, resigned and told the kids the real deal of what really went down.  I doubt Milgrom would go out and build this team without knowing what he was working with for financial aid for the student athletes.  If that is the case, it is on Chaminade-Madonna - not Milgrom.

Just a theory.

It is called "BS" . They probably fed Milgrom BS every week assuring him that the financial aid would be there. Eventually the 8/1 deadline was approaching and Milgrom had enough of the BS and made a last day attempt to save his players to give them other options because he was being fed lies and he in turn felt he was telling his players and their parents lies. The school likely put h in that kind of situation, he felt horrible, resigned and told the kids the real deal of what happened.

If I were them I would transfer too, I wouldn't want to play and make money for a administration that is being shady like that

I'm hearing Chaminades financial situation has been solved and everyone is back. Milgrom is still out though.

It's slightly muddy.

So it was a financial situation?  Interesting how quick it got resolved when rumors spread of the players threatening to walk... So essentially they lose a solid HC and hire a solid HC.  If they are still 99% intact, I think they will be fine.

Ely Offensive Coordinator has stepped down from Ely and is not at Chaminade-Madonna as Offensive Coordinator.  I do know he used to be the Offensive Coordinator at Hallandale if I am not mistaken - with Dameon Jones ( current Chaminade-Madonna HC)  Please feel free to post name of the Coach if anyone is aware.  Thx.

Not sure if this is news but I figured it was worthy considering all of the drama going on at Chaminade-Madonna.  Feel free to put this in the HC changes 2017 link if that works better...

Chaminade went from being great, to being bad to being super great this morning. Not only did they keep all of their players, they added Coach Laine, a living legend as offensive coordinator I'm told.

The Lions did lose a great one in Jason Milgrom, but they look solid all around.

Ely Offensive Coordinator has stepped down from Ely and is not at Chaminade-Madonna as Offensive Coordinator.  I do know he used to be the Offensive Coordinator at Hallandale if I am not mistaken - with Dameon Jones ( current Chaminade-Madonna HC)  Please feel free to post name of the Coach if anyone is aware.  Thx.

Not sure if this is news but I figured it was worthy considering all of the drama going on at Chaminade-Madonna.  Feel free to put this in the HC changes 2017 link if that works better...

Good scoop. Will be interesting see if he does go to CM in the coming days 

Losing a HC, this close to the season, can be more devastating to a team than losing a 3 year D-1 QB. The new HC has to learn a whole new system, learn about his players, hope he can work with the current assistants or try to replace them quickly, work with the AD and school administration. I imagine that sometimes the transition can go fairly smoothly. However, I believe that most of the time there is a period of confusion and letdown. Depending on how well the players got along with the previous coach they can be resentful toward a new coach and take it on in their performance. Since a coach can be a father figure losing him can be more than just XX's and OO's. I would not want to be in this new coach's shoes. 

Losing a HC, this close to the season, can be more devastating to a team than losing a 3 year D-1 QB. The new HC has to learn a whole new system, learn about his players, hope he can work with the current assistants or try to replace them quickly, work with the AD and school administration. I imagine that sometimes the transition can go fairly smoothly. However, I believe that most of the time there is a period of confusion and letdown. Depending on how well the players got along with the previous coach they can be resentful toward a new coach and take it on in their performance. Since a coach can be a father figure losing him can be more than just XX's and OO's. I would not want to be in this new coach's shoes.

If they are smart they will let the coordinators call the plays until he learns their playbook so they can handle the learning curve

This was not money related. He had an altercation with the AD and he got fired. He was allowed to save face and "resign". But in stereotypical Jason Milgrom form, he went on twitter and blamed the program.

That said, any opinion on the hiring of Dameon Jones in a few hours?    I think it is a good hire and am not questioning your insight but just feel how quickly Jones was officially hired was interesting.