3A top 10 pre-season

DisabledAccount

Let me clear a few things up here...

1) AP Poll has not been published.

2) Our rankings this year are going to involve a bit of formula to everything that incorporates a media vote that I have highly vetted (meaning I have reached out to these voters and trust them with their voting), incorporate record, strength of schedule and possibly what two computer polls have to say about the state of things here in Florida. This is where things are at now. I had intended to have a panel of coaches for each classification to be able to vote, but right now it appears not all slots are going to get filled as lack of participation from half the classes has forced my hand to pull back on the idea. It seems to me while some coaches are for this, others just simply don't care. 

3) Looking a posting our first rankings on Monday, August 22.

Maxpreps preseason Florida rankings are out. They have 3A broken down this way:

1) JaxTCA
2) Oxbridge Academy
3) Clearwater Central Catholic
4) Chaminade-Madonna
5) American Heritage Delray
6) Tampa Catholic
7) Berkeley Prep (Tampa)
8) FSU
9) Trinity Catholic
10 )Westminster Christian

Here is where 3A ranks in the State for all Classes:

#3 JaxTCA
#10 Oxbridge Academy
# 23 Clearwater Central Catholic
# 27 Chaminade-Madonna
# 32 American Heritage Delray
# 36 Tampa Catholic

Class 3A has 6 teams in the top 40, which is amazing and really shows the talent of the class.  After the top 6, the next 3A team to be ranked in the state is Tampa Berkeley Prep at #148.

My thoughts?

Pretty close to what I had put down earlier in this thread post Spring. I do think Oxbridge is a bit high, especially with the loss of both linebackers and the starting QB and head coach. JaxTCA is the clear #1. Chaminade and American Heritage Delray are in a virtual tie and CCC is slightly ranked above both.  Tampa Catholic gets into the top 40 as well.