305 “stacking”!

Jullian

4a metro gonna b between Columbus & Palmetto, down south. Both teams raided Killian hard plus others. Best DL in state, Columbus. Western might b in the mix. 
Homestead, Dillard, & STA the front runners for 3a Metro. 
In 2a, NO ONE has recruited like the Bulls. They sick & tired of being eliminated early!!! AHP, Rockets, Gibbons, BTW, GP……I mean how many state championships are in 2a south!!! Crazy! 
1a Metro…..Chaminade! PERIOD. 

You know rosters ain’t done changing, yet!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Jullian said:

4a metro gonna b between Columbus & Palmetto, down south. Both teams raided Killian hard plus others. Best DL in state, Columbus. Western might b in the mix. 
In 2a, NO ONE has recruited like the Bulls. They sick & tired of being eliminated early!!! AHP, Rockets, Gibbons, BTW, GP……I mean how many state championships are in 2a south!!! Crazy! 

Can you list the players that make Columbus the best DL in the state?

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

D. Stephenson 6’4” 225/ TJ Capers 6’3” 215/ Daylen Russell 6’3” 230/ Robert Williams 6’3” 245. 

I couldn't comment on how good those guys are. But, I can say there's a long history of evidence showing that lighter, quicker, faster DLs are preferable to bigger kids that may project better at the college level. The reason probably being that HS OL's often lack the cohesion, alertness and quickness to fully utilize any size advantage they may have. So, even though a critic may say they lack the +250lb guys, I'm willing to believe it is possible this could be the best unit at the high school level, even if other DLs have more guys with more college success.

2 hours ago, Jullian said:

D. Stephenson 6’4” 225/ TJ Capers 6’3” 215/ Daylen Russell 6’3” 230/ Robert Williams 6’3” 245. 

Thanks for sharing, looks like an extremely impressive group especially with only being juniors this upcoming season.  It looks like the Explorers will be set in the trenches for the next two seasons.

1 hour ago, skyway said:

I couldn't comment on how good those guys are. But, I can say there's a long history of evidence showing that lighter, quicker, faster DLs are preferable to bigger kids that may project better at the college level. The reason probably being that HS OL's often lack the cohesion, alertness and quickness to fully utilize any size advantage they may have. So, even though a critic may say they lack the +250lb guys, I'm willing to believe it is possible this could be the best unit at the high school level, even if other DLs have more guys with more college success.

Their height and reach already causes problems for o-lineman. But if you add in a great get off and high effort, you will have a great front four at any level.

8 hours ago, skyway said:

Agree. When your DE’s are faster than the RB’s, it can b a long day for the run game. 

23 hours ago, Jullian said:

Gonna be a exciting season , never know how some teams gonna start & how some gonna finish. 

13 hours ago, Jullian said:

Agree. When your DE’s are faster than the RB’s, it can b a long day for the run game. 

And I think something hard for a lot of people to get their heads around is how lighter DTs can be a major problem as well. You'd need a lot of them to rotate through, but the 215 lb kids can cause havoc shooting the gaps if they know what they're doing.

16 hours ago, skyway said:

And I think something hard for a lot of people to get their heads around is how lighter DTs can be a major problem as well. You'd need a lot of them to rotate through, but the 215 lb kids can cause havoc shooting the gaps if they know what they're doing.

prime examples are 3 bulls. Sam Bruce(Miami) Jacorey Hammet (Wvu) Pat Payton (FSU). qbs couldn’t even set they feet

19 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I can’t wait to that trip to traz to play central & that trip to tally for the matchup vs Lincoln never been to tally, heard LINCOLN has a rich tradition in football which means their fan base should be big just like ours. Plus I get to take in famu festivities for the first time should be lit. 

Lincoln had a good year last year! Might b building back up again. YEARS ago they beat Southridge in the finals & STA. 

On 6/15/2022 at 8:59 PM, skyway said:

Yeah people are so focused upon the 300 lb benchmark for linemen they forget that college recruiters look for speed and length for the DL.  A 6'3 230 lb DT that is super athletic and has long arms translates better to the college game compared to a 6'0 300 lb immovable block of human that looks like a stud at the HS level.  I would take the lighter, longer guys all day as they are the hardest to block due to their length.  

On 6/14/2022 at 3:32 PM, Jullian said:

Has Chaminade ever beaten TCA in the playoffs? I wouldn't hand Chaminade the title just yet

On 6/16/2022 at 3:55 PM, Jullian said:

Lincoln had a good year last year! Might b building back up again. YEARS ago they beat Southridge in the finals & STA. 

They seem to be okay, probably a competitive matchup for Dillard if it's a normal team

If Dillard is any threat to STA though then Dillard should destroy Lincoln

12 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

They seem to be okay, probably a competitive matchup for Dillard if it's a normal team

If last year is any indication then the game may not be as Dillard went toe to toe with one of the nations best on their home field & should’ve won & Dillard has gotten better then last year. 

13 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

No disrespect but Dillard goes up against far better talent & competition on a year in year our based playoffs included then Lincoln has even come close to within the last decade or so. 

On 6/16/2022 at 1:16 PM, cribboy305 said:

prime examples are 3 bulls. Sam Bruce(Miami) Jacorey Hammet (Wvu) Pat Payton (FSU). qbs couldn’t even set they feet

Rest In Peace to Sam Bruce. Quarterbacks didn’t even have time to look at a receiver before he was in the backfield, ruining the play. He was only 24, too. So sad that tragedies like these happen. Too damn soon.

3 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Run that same exact game back at Dillard I think we win that no doubt. Just can’t help but Ponder on that interception we got up 7-0 we should’ve went up 14-0  

STA is always well-coached and plays very aggressively. The Panthers will need to match intensity all game long and remain disciplined in every facet to come away with the W.

The Lincoln game could be competitive, but if the offseason so far has been any indication, this may very well be Dillard’s best team in their collective school history. Going to be a very tough game for the Trojans to win, there should be no doubt that Dillard will be the favorite. 

15 hours ago, PinellasFB said:

Yeah people are so focused upon the 300 lb benchmark for linemen they forget that college recruiters look for speed and length for the DL.  A 6'3 230 lb DT that is super athletic and has long arms translates better to the college game compared to a 6'0 300 lb immovable block of human that looks like a stud at the HS level.  I would take the lighter, longer guys all day as they are the hardest to block due to their length.  

Back when I was a kid, TV broadcasts of games would routinely start games with comparing the weights of the OL and DLs. They'd emphasize it when there was a big disparity in lbs per man. That would matter if it was actual wrestling going on. But, the only goal of the DL is to get to the ball; they don't need to engage with the OL at all! Miami in the 80s was famous for having guys shoot the gaps and blow plays up. Obviously, at the more advanced levels of the game, guys can be outmatched if they're too small/weak. But, in HS quickness is the most important attribute.

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

If last year is any indication then the game may not be as Dillard went toe to toe with one of the nations best on their home field & should’ve won & Dillard has gotten better then last year. 

Yeah I saw they had like 10 transfers by January so I hope they are 

After all DFB when they were the top public in Broward could beat STA a few times, Dillard needs to prove they can do the same