2017 Head Coaching Changes

SportsNut25

Well...I don't things can get much worse for Franklin County.  They will lose to Oak Hall this week and hopefully can finish the season on a positive note with a Home win versus Wewahitchka.....

Franklin has some talent issues but the lack of consistency in coaching is awful.  They have had some qualified coaches but no patience in allowing them to build a team.  They have 2 former FSU players 1 with NFL time and 1 with CFL time on staff so maybe one of them will get 3 or 4 years to make something happen.

Franklin/Apalachicola/Carabelle has always had kids that won't go to workouts, off-season or in-season, parents who support their kids lack of work ethic, and administrations that blame the head coach first for kids not performing to the high expectations of the parents (the same ones that are ok with their kids skipping workouts and practices). Used to be that when the oyster harvest time came in, half the team disappeared to "work" with their dads or uncles, etc. I don't know what the excuse is now that the business has dried-up. It is an absolute dead-end career-killer of a job.

Franklin/Apalachicola/Carabelle has always had kids that won't go to workouts, off-season or in-season, parents who support their kids lack of work ethic, and administrations that blame the head coach first for kids not performing to the high expectations of the parents (the same ones that are ok with their kids skipping workouts and practices). Used to be that when the oyster harvest time came in, half the team disappeared to "work" with their dads or uncles, etc. I don't know what the excuse is now that the business has dried-up. It is an absolute dead-end career-killer of a job.

The coach this year had kids that missed summer workouts run after practice and was told he could not punish them like that. I have never seen a place that fights success the way the administration does there, but if the community wasn't happy with it they would make changes. Many people from there have moved to Port St Joe for the schools in general.  

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Complaining about North Florida slappies losing to South Florida powers is like someone graduating high school complaining that companies are only hiring college graduates and not them. And then a company saying ok to make it fair, we will open division and only hire high school graduates.     
    • First I want to express my apologies for my absence the last few months. Without going into much detail I have had some personal life struggles I have been dealing with on top of figuring out the direction to take FloridaHSFootball.com in. Things have finally settled out some over the last few weeks although I am not completely out of the woods just yet. Some of the decisions about what direction to take FloridaHSFootball.com have been forming over this time while I went through things. Part of me wondered if it was time to go, but really it is not at all. Thankfully, a loyal supporter near me in Gainesville decided to put their mouth where their money is and did a little investing and today FloridaHSFootball.com launched its first-ever Mobile App. With that said it comes with the sunset of the MVP Membership Subscriptions and thus FloridaHSFootball.com will be 100% free for the first time in a while. This comes as needing to get the clearances with Apple and Google and the current subscription platform we have is not syncing with Apple's system nor with the App itself. Its best we go in this direction to grow fans again and being able to put them facing forward with an app on their phone going forward. Here are the download links for the apps: iOS (Apple): https://apps.apple.com/us/app/floridahsfootball-com/id6477621728 Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.floridahsfootball.app&hl=en_US&gl=US   For now the forums will not be available directly in the app. At some point I maybe looking at changing the whole forum software that could eventually integrate into the app. It will be a while before this happens so things will go on as they are here.   I also apologize for any of the spam and troll accounts that have managed to find their way around the security protocols in setting up new accounts. It seems every day these things find ways to pass through control systems. I am going to be looking at getting this solved and will keep an eye on things here as we go along.   Please feel free to reach out to me if you all need anything, want to chat or have any suggestions.   -- Josh  
    • They can definitely beat Central. My bulls is a toss up but I feel we should have the edge. EJ will be hard to stop though. Glad they not in 2A with us. 
  • Popular Contributors