2017 Head Coaching Changes

SportsNut25

Well...I don't things can get much worse for Franklin County.  They will lose to Oak Hall this week and hopefully can finish the season on a positive note with a Home win versus Wewahitchka.....

Franklin has some talent issues but the lack of consistency in coaching is awful.  They have had some qualified coaches but no patience in allowing them to build a team.  They have 2 former FSU players 1 with NFL time and 1 with CFL time on staff so maybe one of them will get 3 or 4 years to make something happen.

Franklin/Apalachicola/Carabelle has always had kids that won't go to workouts, off-season or in-season, parents who support their kids lack of work ethic, and administrations that blame the head coach first for kids not performing to the high expectations of the parents (the same ones that are ok with their kids skipping workouts and practices). Used to be that when the oyster harvest time came in, half the team disappeared to "work" with their dads or uncles, etc. I don't know what the excuse is now that the business has dried-up. It is an absolute dead-end career-killer of a job.

Franklin/Apalachicola/Carabelle has always had kids that won't go to workouts, off-season or in-season, parents who support their kids lack of work ethic, and administrations that blame the head coach first for kids not performing to the high expectations of the parents (the same ones that are ok with their kids skipping workouts and practices). Used to be that when the oyster harvest time came in, half the team disappeared to "work" with their dads or uncles, etc. I don't know what the excuse is now that the business has dried-up. It is an absolute dead-end career-killer of a job.

The coach this year had kids that missed summer workouts run after practice and was told he could not punish them like that. I have never seen a place that fights success the way the administration does there, but if the community wasn't happy with it they would make changes. Many people from there have moved to Port St Joe for the schools in general.  

• 2 weeks later...