2017 Head Coaching Changes

SportsNut25

Hi all. New user here from Dixie County. Yes Coach Wilkerson from DC has retired from DC. No idea who new coach will be. Does anyone know anything about new coaches for Dixie County, Chiefland, and Hudson???????  Thanks

I see on Facebook that Dixie county head coach is retiring, Can anyone confirm this.

Victory Christian has decided to not renew HC Tommy Lewis' contract.

For sure expect Coach Lewis to be on the sidelines somewhere next season.

10-2, Final Four appearance last year, and a state championship the year before... and shown the door. A thankless profession, it is.

10-2, Final Four appearance last year, and a state championship the year before... and shown the door. A thankless profession, it is.

Not 100% sure if this is accurate, but word on the street is that some parents may have had some influence in the decision making process. 

Was poking around the internet late last night because I wanted to see where else Coach Lewis had coached. He spent 10 years with a tiny school called Hilton Head in SC where he made nine straight state semifinal appearances, won four titles and went 97-28. Also gave the school it's first winning season, undefeated season, season with 10 wins and first playoff victory. 

Due to budget cuts, he sent his resume out to different schools. Victory is the one who reached out to him first and asked him to apply. Got there for 2013 and took them straight to a state semifinal game after they went 4-6 in 2012 and then won states in 2014 before making state semifinal appearances again in 2015 and 2016. 

Such a shame that they have now parted ways with him. Not even like he did anything unethical or anything -- none of that. 

The FHSAA classifieds has a job posting for the East River head coach. Not sure what happened to Collin Drafts but he must not be there anymore.

Just saw a statement from the school that said he'll be pursuing something out of state. 

Drafts took a job in South Carolina:

http://www.thestate.com/sports/high-school/prep-football/article137651048.html

St. Pete Catholic announced that Jay Davis will be the new Head Coach at SPC. This is mind-blowing on so many different levels. Don't get me wrong, it's a great hire and one I think the school had to make; however, his father (John Davis) just returned to CCC as the offensive coordinator and his brother-in-law Chris Harvey, is the HC at CCC. SPC had slowly started to get better as a program; however, the best athletes have since left and enrolled at..well.. CCC.   Again, as an alum- great hire, but he's going against a machine and will need time to mold the program. In other words, this isn't a one or two year fix.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footballpreps/jay-davis-extends-familys-coaching-legacy-in-pinellas-county/2316509