2017 Head Coaching Changes

SportsNut25

1 hour ago, SportsNut25 said:

Dillard removed the interim tag from Ricky Hemingway. He spent 14 years as assistant at Dillard and spent time at Plantation and Stranahan prior to accepting his first head coaching job. 

[H/T Sun-Sentinel]

Smart move by Dillard 

Bringing in someone from the outside this close to fall would have been a potential disaster 

12 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Smart move by Dillard 

Bringing in someone from the outside this close to fall would have been a potential disaster 

So nobody was gonna tell me lol & smart move ???? Ummm I'm not so sure there was far more greater candidates I really don't have a good feeling about this year now because from HC all the way down should have been gone when Davis left losing to ely 4 years in a row 2 years when they were 1-8 & 2-7 respectIvey awwww Hell naw!!! Sighh smh 

& he is keeping the entire coaching staff from the previous years NOOOO!! we needed a NEW OC & everything defense was there but offensively we struggled especially against good defensive teams!!!! (Sucks teeth) I just got less excited about this season already about my alma mater  ...until I see something drasticly diffrent Dillard will barely be .500 this year there was literally no change in the coaching staff yeah Davis gone be he wasn't the 1 calling defense or offense ... y'all just don't know how disappointed I am

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Bringing in someone from the outside at this stage would have made things worse 

No it wouldn't have not a coach who know what he's doing Dillard could have  and should have done better with all the time they took when I saw the kids vouched for him to stay I already knew where we was headed .. they don't like structure or discipline so of course they wanted him to stay so they can continue to do what they want goof off play on the sideline down 40 & get offers.

15 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

No it wouldn't have not a coach who know what he's doing Dillard could have  and should have done better with all the time they took when I saw the kids vouched for him to stay I already knew where we was headed .. they don't like structure or discipline so of course they wanted him to stay so they can continue to do what they want goof off play on the sideline down 40 & get offers.

I understand completely. Winning and losing becomes way more personal when you have a team that has structure and discipline and puts in so much time and hard work from janurary to august. We all know that the kids win the games but it is up to the coaches to create a championship environment.

2 hours ago, Just A Coach said:

I understand completely. Winning and losing becomes way more personal when you have a team that has structure and discipline and puts in so much time and hard work from janurary to august. We all know that the kids win the games but it is up to the coaches to create a championship environment.

Right!!! My point exactly!! Dillard needs a winner a no non sense coach at da helm.

5 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Right!!! My point exactly!! Dillard needs a winner a no non sense coach at da helm.

Dillard's a very respected program

Why would they take so long making a decision that should be made months ago

You can't just throw a new chef from another restraunt into the kitchen 5 minutes from the dinner crowd and expect everyone to be in sync in those 5 minutes

Same thing here,  having a coach from the outside could work if they brought in around like April or May 

Not July, the players would not be able to learn a new system completely by August 

Why would they take so long making a decision that should be made months ago

Because they wanted to see how Hemingway did during the spring. Like that's almost literally what Hemingway said in an interview. 

52 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Yeah 

You don't have to go 15-0 to be respected 

If you can ask people from around the state and they know who you are then you are respected program 

If people know the name Dillard it's cause of their amazing basketball program. 

Yeah 

You don't have to go 15-0 to be respected 

If you can ask people from around the state and they know who you are then you are respected program 

Said the guy whose team has:

669-328-37 record

3 championship appearance

.70 winning seasons

6 undefeated seasons

.20 straight winning seasons (1987-2007)

.12 straight playoff appearances (1993-2004)

.22 straight wins (1930-1933)

66 playoff games played

.20 district championships

.32 playoff seasons

.20 seasons over 10 wins

.40-1-2 record (1931-1934)

.7 regional finals appearances in 9 years (95, 97-99, 01-03)

.32 seasons of clinching playoffs (64', 67', 68', 69', 75',82', 84'-85', 88'-90', 93'-04', 06'-07', 09', 11'-current)

.600+ winning percentage through team history

.9-2 bowl record.

Most Winningest team in north florida history

.Playoff seasons: 64,67,68, 69, 75,82,84,85,88,89,90,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,06,07,09,11,12,13,14,15,16

.District Championships: 64,67,69,75,82,84,85,88,89,90,93,94,97,98,99,00,03,09,12,15

Regional finals: 67,69,95,97,98,99,01,02,03,12,15

.State appearances: 64,67,97 "

...and had 1 state championship throughout this run - 50 years ago

2 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Said the guy whose team has has:

669-328-37 record

3 championship appearance

.70 winning seasons

6 undefeated seasons

.20 straight winning seasons (1987-2007)

.12 straight playoff appearances (1993-2004)

.22 straight wins (1930-1933)

66 playoff games played

.20 district championships

.32 playoff seasons

.20 seasons over 10 wins

.40-1-2 record (1931-1934)

.7 regional finals appearances in 9 years (95, 97-99, 01-03)

.32 seasons of clinching playoffs (64', 67', 68', 69', 75',82', 84'-85', 88'-90', 93'-04', 06'-07', 09', 11'-current)

.600+ winning percentage through team history

.9-2 bowl record.

Most Winningest team in north florida history

.Playoff seasons: 64,67,68, 69, 75,82,84,85,88,89,90,93,94,95,96,97,98,99,00,01,02,03,04,06,07,09,11,12,13,14,15,16

.District Championships: 64,67,69,75,82,84,85,88,89,90,93,94,97,98,99,00,03,09,12,15

Regional finals: 67,69,95,97,98,99,01,02,03,12,15

.State appearances: 64,67,97 "

There was high school football in South Florida just as long as North Florida 

Yet none have passed the 600 win mark 

Explain that to me 

I assume that Miami kids didn't ride all the way to Lake City to attend high school so why has no team from South Florida passed that mark of 600 wins despite dominating the state for past 2-3 decades?

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Explain that to me 

I assume that Miami kids didn't ride all the way to Lake City to attend high school so why has no team from South Florida passed that mark of 600 wins despite dominating the state for past 2-3 decades?

Level of competition is different 

3 minutes ago, SportsNut25 said:

Level of competition is different 

There talented teams up here too

They just not as loaded as top teams in Dade broward and Palm Beach teams 

But surely in all those years there has to be at least 1 team who could consistently win in South Florida for a long enough time to win 600 games? 

Is there any team with 500 at least? 

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Explain that to me 

I have no explanation.  South Florida football just can't match the brand of football of a respected program like the Columbia Tigers.  Someday maybe SFL  HS football will be at that level....

8 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

But surely in all those years there has to be at least 1 team who could consistently win in South Florida for a long enough time to win 600 games? 

Wrong.....You just  don't get it.  

Try to imagine playing in a area with generally at least 30 teams as good or some significantly better than Columbia and you have at least 4 of those teams on your schedule and a couple in your district sometimes every year.

Just now, BrowardHandicapper said:

Wrong.....You just  don't get it.  

Try to imagine playing in a area with generally at least 30 teams as good or some significantly better than Columbia and you have at least 4 of those teams on your schedule and a couple in your district sometimes every year.

Don't forget that those that aren't on your schedule you'll meet them in playoffs.

Have seen many great teams in South Florida get knocked out in the first round down here but easily would have made it 2-3 rounds if they were in North Florida. 

1 minute ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Overall SFL shoots for, and keeps track of State Championships - not wins.

Well, only wins they keep track of is rivalry wins but same difference. 

Columbia - look at the Belle Glade area. If you aren't winning states at GC, if you're not winning the Muck Bowl, you're fired. They don't care if you only have two losses. If those two losses mean you lost a title game and/or a Muck Bowl, you're getting run out of town by an angry alumni base carrying pitchforks. 

15 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

To put in perspective the Columbia record comprises a total of 1034 games. If you average 10 wins a season that's 103.4 years to get there. Idk how many teams have been playing in south Florida for 100 years