2017 Head Coaching Changes

SportsNut25

3 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Wrong.....You just  don't get it.  

Try to imagine playing in a area with generally at least 30 teams as good or some significantly better than Columbia and you have at least 4 of those teams on your schedule and a couple in your district sometimes every year.

We had times of playing 3 or 4 teams that were at our level or better 

Remember early 2000s Lincoln? 

They were in our district 

Clinton portis Gainesville, we played them 

Those 90s valdosta teams 

Played them 

Now granted normally we are better than at least 90% of teams we play but it wasn't like that always, those great teams in 90s have lost steps since and teams like Gainesville and Lincoln and even teams like Fletcher and buchholz are not as strong as a decade or 2 ago were,  teams up north are not loaded like they were and you can see that at states

5 minutes ago, SportsNut25 said:

Well, only wins they keep track of is rivalry wins but same difference. 

Columbia - look at the Belle Glade area. If you aren't winning states at GC, if you're not winning the Muck Bowl, you're fired. They don't care if you only have two losses. If those two losses mean you lost a title game and/or a Muck Bowl, you're getting run out of town by an angry alumni base carrying pitchforks. 

They fired our coach last time we lost to Suwannee but that was almost 10 years ago lol

That should tell you how far this rivalry has fallen off

27 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We had times of playing 3 or 4 teams that were at our level or better 

Remember early 2000s Lincoln? 

They were in our district 

Clinton portis Gainesville, we played them 

Those 90s valdosta teams 

Played them 

Now granted normally we are better than at least 90% of teams we play but it wasn't like that always, those great teams in 90s have lost steps since and teams like Gainesville and Lincoln and even teams like Fletcher and buchholz are not as strong as a decade or 2 ago were,  teams up north are not loaded like they were and you can see that at states

Fair enough....You just named programs over the last 30 years that have had runs as power teams but the difference is in SFL it is in a 30 mile radius. There is not travelling an hour or two to find competition.

I get it.  Columbia in their region of FL has been a force and is respected among those around them but as a whole do you feel Columbia's accomplishments should be recognized and publicly announced when you have programs like Miramar, Osceola, Columbus that don't have those 600 wins ?

I guarantee you anyone you ask on this board consider those programs more accomplished than Columbia in modern era.  Yet Columbia has played more total  games than probably all of those teams combined.  Just saying.

The difference is those programs earn respect, rather than counting wins to dwell on.

15 minutes ago, BrowardHandicapper said:

Fair enough....You just named programs over the last 30 years that have had runs as power teams but the difference is in SFL it is in a 30 mile radius. There is not travelling an hour or two to find competition.

I get it.  Columbia in their region of FL has been a force and is respected among those around them but as a whole do you feel Columbia's accomplishments should be recognized and made public when you have programs like Miramar, Osceola, Columbus that don't have those 600 wins ?

I guarantee you anyone you ask on this board consider those programs more accomplished than Columbia in modern era.  Yet Columbia has played more total  games than probably all of those teams combined.  Just saying.

To answer that first portion

Yes the 30 mile radius in South Florida is far different than a 30 mile radius in north Florida 

You might have 100 teams in a 30 mile radius in Dade/broward area while maybe 5-10 in 30 mile radius of Lake City 

Honestly That isn't our fault but its facts and South Florida geography are different than North Florida 

And yes it probably is easier to win consistently in the north then south because the talent level and number of quality teams are more dense in the south and those are good teams there

If they were in north would they have 600 by now?  Probably  but if they used the north talent level instead of the kids from South Florida especially Dade and broward would they be as strong? That's a question that can be asked

I don't think we have to overtake the spotlight off Those teams to recognize ours,  i just don't like the impression that we spent 100 years beating slappies to get our win total, we have beaten good teams and lost to good teams 

But i see your point of view, maybe if we can get Boca Raton it would be a start to showing we can hold our own with a solid South team, they may not be no sta but they not gonna be a cakewalk either 

11 hours ago, SportsNut25 said:

If people know the name Dillard it's cause of their amazing basketball program. 

What are you crazy!!?? I totally disagree with that there are hundreds of formal players from formal schools from all over that said that they respect Dillard not just because of our FOOTBALLHistory but in general from the Texas team we played the East st Louis team we played Carol city especially after the 2013 playoff game Miami central and every broward team that sees us on their schedule this is somebody that's from broward livein broward browser and heavy into the football relm2of things teams get hyped when they see DILLARD on there schedule they can not sell out no other game on the season but let Dillard come to town football or basketball the whole town there wether we win or not Dillard name hold respect in football & basketball & that's a FACT!

23 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

What are you crazy!!?? I totally disagree with that there are hundreds of formal players from formal schools from all over that said that they respect Dillard not just because of our FOOTBALLHistory but in general from the Texas team we played the East st Louis team we played Carol city especially after the 2013 playoff game Miami central and every broward team that sees us on their schedule this is somebody that's from broward livein broward browser and heavy into the football relm2of things teams get hyped when they see DILLARD on there schedule they can not sell out no other game on the season but let Dillard come to town football or basketball the whole town there wether we win or not Dillard name hold respect in football & basketball & that's a FACT!

Ok Dillard your pushing it...  Dillard comes to traz, it's not gonna be swoll like say BTW vs STA... Nobody looking at Dillard like that.. 

56 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Ok Dillard your pushing it...  Dillard comes to traz, it's not gonna be swoll like say BTW vs STA... Nobody looking at Dillard like that.. 

Horrible example even Dade fans don't fill up traz unless it's a big time matchup lol ...im talking about down here in broward it happens every year Dillard vs ba Dillard vs STA Dillard vs plantation Dillard vs stranahan Dillard vs Deerfield Dillard vs glades central Dillard vs ely ...i mean I can keep going

Just being honest here.....I have always thought of Dillard as a respected and tough SFL team if they are on your schedule. But again most SFL teams would be an upgrade to a lot schedules on teams north of Broward.

7 hours ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Horrible example even Dade fans don't fill up traz unless it's a big time matchup lol ...im talking about down here in broward it happens every year Dillard vs ba Dillard vs STA Dillard vs plantation Dillard vs stranahan Dillard vs Deerfield Dillard vs glades central Dillard vs ely ...i mean I can keep going

Granted traz sits 10,000 n only big matchups get that field pack but like when you have certains schools match up your have a nice crowd at FIU north , tropical stadium etc... was the Carol City vs Dillard game on swoll?

6 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

Granted traz sits 10,000 n only big matchups get that field pack but like when you have certains schools match up your have a nice crowd at FIU north , tropical stadium etc... was the Carol City vs Dillard game on swoll?

Idk the last time I was at fiu north was against Norland in the 1st round back in 2012 I believe and that game was pack and Dillard should have won that game was up by 14 twice on the defending champs but as I was staying down here at our stadium and away stadiums it be standing room only...if u stayed in broward u would see u would be like "yeeaahh bruh u right "

2 minutes ago, "PANTHER NATiON" (WE HERE) said:

Idk the last time I was at fiu north was against Norland in the 1st round back in 2012 I believe and that game was pack and Dillard should have won that game was up by 14 twice on the defending champs but as I was staying down here at our stadium and away stadiums it be standing room only...if u stayed in broward u would see u would be like "yeeaahh bruh u right "

I've been to a lot of Broward game especially when I was coaching... I had my coaching card and I was just going to games just because...

Just now, Zoe Boy said:

heres another one fam... Now granted this is Lockhart and it's hard for this to get filled up unless it's a big game or a playoff game but this a rivalry game and it's not on swoll...

It wasn't swole at all because ely had what two wins coming in the hype easy there rivalry?  Yeah but it was no hype plus down here soul bowl is npt like how it use to be

A good way to look at South Florida football is to take a look at 6A Dade.  The state champion has either been Armwood, or someone from that district for almost 20 years.  Every team in that district can compete for a state title, but they have to beat each other to do it.  What if Northwestern was in a 6A north district?

1 minute ago, Carey Tron McCray said:

A good way to look at South Florida football is to take a look at 6A Dade.  The state champion has either been Armwood, or someone from that district for almost 20 years.  Every team in that district can compete for a state title, but they have to beat each other to do it.  What if Northwestern was in a 6A north district?

They would be having a lot of traveling for first 4 weeks of playoffs 

16 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

I've been to a lot of Broward game especially when I was coaching... I had my coaching card and I was just going to games just because...

Zoe how were you going to a lot of games if you were coaching? I know in SFL some games are played on thursday because of a shared stadium. Just asking.

Something seems strange. I regularly check the Maxpreps team link for Trinity Catholic to see what, if any, changes or updates have been made. When I pulled up the link a couple of days ago I noticed that under the Coach listing it is now N/A. For the past two years and up to last week it had Coach Joe Sturdivant listed. I sent Joe an email and he has not answered. Usually he answers pretty quickly. I am really hoping that he has not left his position as HC. Don't know if anyone has heard anything.

I wonder if I'm just jumping the gun and crying Wolf?  :unsure:

1 hour ago, Proseteye said:

Something seems strange. I regularly check the Maxpreps team link for Trinity Catholic to see what, if any, changes or updates have been made. When I pulled up the link a couple of days ago I noticed that under the Coach listing it is now N/A. For the past two years and up to last week it had Coach Joe Sturdivant listed. I sent Joe an email and he has not answered. Usually he answers pretty quickly. I am really hoping that he has not left his position as HC. Don't know if anyone has heard anything.

I wonder if I'm just jumping the gun and crying Wolf?  :unsure:

Did some poking around and have not uncovered any confirmation of a change in leadership at OTC. Will be interesting to see if anything does come to light after the holiday break. 

On 7/2/2017 at 0:16 AM, Just A Coach said:

Zoe how were you going to a lot of games if you were coaching? I know in SFL some games are played on thursday because of a shared stadium. Just asking.

Well when you coach you get a coaching card that gets you in games for free..  i.e. I help started the program at Somerset Academy west pines.. Most of our games was on Thursday around 3:30 or 4 or clock... The following year when put us in the old 2A district with pace and Chaminade we had early games still n Thursday games... Theirs time our games would be done by 6:30 and we would be done with the kids by 7:30 and atleast 5 of us coaches would just go to a game... So yes we to advantage of those coaching cards and that's with fri and Saturday games still to come