2017 Head Coaching Changes

SportsNut25

Just got an email from Coach Sturdivant and, whew, he advises that Maxpreps inadvertently dropped his name from the team link. He then went on to tell me in detail about his prospects for the team come the season. Thinks this team has a chance to make some real noise in 3A. Says that the old Celtics may be back. Of course, I am hoping for that. :mellow:

16 hours ago, Zoe Boy said:

Well when you coach you get a coaching card that gets you in games for free..  i.e. I help started the program at Somerset Academy west pines.. Most of our games was on Thursday around 3:30 or 4 or clock... The following year when put us in the old 2A district with pace and Chaminade we had early games still n Thursday games... Theirs time our games would be done by 6:30 and we would be done with the kids by 7:30 and atleast 5 of us coaches would just go to a game... So yes we to advantage of those coaching cards and that's with fri and Saturday games still to come

Yeah cant blame ya...makes sense now. I dont get to use the card much cause we play on fridays but I do use my state series card. That thing is awesome. 

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, DB4 said:

Rocco Casullo has stepped down as Mater Academy head coach. Angel Estrada will be the new head coach.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/high-school/article162870478.html

Wow.....Casullo was there 2 years, wasn't Javy Valdez there 2 yeas as well?  

Both coaches were successful in there tenures at Mater.....

I believe Angel Estrada actually was the HC at Mater in 2012 before Valdes got there so it should be a relatively smooth transition.