Teams that are slept on ???

gator boy

You were saying the same thing last year and look where it got them. Remember how excited you were with the incoming QB transfer? Remember? I don't even remember his name but how is the Dillard QB looking this year? Is he prepared to face a Defense like Carol City or Central?

On another note....The one thing Dillard has going for them is their DLine. D

Would it be fair to say whoever wins region 4 will win states?

You were saying the same thing last year and look where it got them. Remember how excited you were with the incoming QB transfer?  Remember?  I don't even remember his name but how is the Dillard QB looking this year?  Is he prepared to face a Defense like Carol City or Central?

On another note....The one thing Dillard has going for them is their DLine.  D

His name was moe Hassan...& yeah i was excited because kidd had alot of potential as do this qb we have now.! & he Had Some Good games last year just not consistently.

All im saying is dillard as a Whole have the POTENTIAL to make some noise this year will they? Is yet to be seen they can up or they crumble down but the TALENT is their for greatness.

I would take Central, Carol City, or Northwestern over Vanguard or Pineforest. If it is Armwood against any of those teams I think it is a toss up.

Boyd Anderson or Dillard versus Vanguard or Pineforest are toss ups for me. I would take Armwood over Dillard or Boyd Anderson.

What bout mainland?

I don't think anyone is sleeping on Chaminade. 

If you want a 3A sleeper choose a team like CCC or MCC or St John Paul II in Boca or Westminster Christian

The 3A sleeper is Taylor County so many returning starters who made it to the second round of the playoffs until big Trinity came to town. Not saying we will win it all because from were i sit all roads to state will have to go thru Trinity but we are gonna open some eyes this season being the only public school in this entire private school classification.

We played Taylor a couple of times in either pre season games or KO Classics some years past. Always thought Taylor was a solid team. You did do pretty well last season getting to the 2nd round. The only problem I see is having trouble with 1A teams like Port St. Joe, Madison. and Dixie. But giving 7A Chiles and 4A Bradford fits. Unless you had some transfers in then losing your QB/RB, and top WR, to graduation is not going to help. Let us know who will be replacing QB/RB Rayshawn Hamilton, as he was 50% of your offense, and WR Ken Smith?  

The 3A sleeper is Taylor County so many returning starters who made it to the second round of the playoffs until big Trinity came to town. Not saying we will win it all because from were i sit all roads to state will have to go thru Trinity but we are gonna open some eyes this season being the only public school in this entire private school classification.

We played Taylor last year and again this year.  They were big and fast we beat them but you could see their potential.  Tanner really had them moving the right direction last year and they should make a lot of noise in 3A

Some of the teams in 3A mentioned in this article are silly..

Chaminade-Madonna has 18 players with a division 1 offer on their roster right now. By the time the current 4 year cycle finishes, we may come to find that the roster they're supporting in 2016 has upwards of 25 or 26 players that play college football at any level. Anybody who thinks the Lions are being slept on has tunnel vision, lives under a rock or is trolling the internet- they've been the most discussed team in 3A, moreso than JaxTCA.

CCC? Really? Nobody is sleeping on the Marauders- heck, multiple newspapers have painted them as going toe-to-toe with JaxTCA. As of Dilan Scargles Valpariso offer, they're up to 15 guys on the roster that have at least 1 Division 1 offer.  This is a senior laden team that has played together for 3 or 4 years. They've also added one of the top offensive linemen in the country to a line that already had a plethora of experience. This is another team that has upwards of 25 players that will play college football this cycle.

If you take the best 6 teams in 3A (JaxTCA, CCC, Chaminade, AHD, Oxbridge, Tampa Catholic) out of the picture. I think Taylor County is a great mention and I think another strong team being slept on is Holy Trinity with Jashuan Corbin.

Chaminade-Madonna has 18 players with a division 1 offer on their roster right now. By the time the current 4 year cycle finishes, we may come to find that the roster they're supporting in 2016 has upwards of 25 or 26 players that play college football at any level. Anybody who thinks the Lions are being slept on has tunnel vision, lives under a rock or is trolling the internet- they've been the most discussed team in 3A, moreso than JaxTCA.

CCC? Really? Nobody is sleeping on the Marauders- heck, multiple newspapers have painted them as going toe-to-toe with JaxTCA. As of Dilan Scargles Valpariso offer, they're up to 15 guys on the roster that have at least 1 Division 1 offer. This is a senior laden team that has played together for 3 or 4 years. They've also added one of the top offensive linemen in the country to a line that already had a plethora of experience. This is another team that has upwards of 25 players that will play college football this cycle.

If you take the best 6 teams in 3A (JaxTCA, CCC, Chaminade, AHD, Oxbridge, Tampa Catholic) out of the picture. I think Taylor County is a great mention and I think another strong team being slept on is Holy Trinity with Jashuan Corbin.

Could Ocala trinity be considered a sleeper?

Great question-  I generally define a sleeper team as a team that has the talent and ability to do better than where they're predicted to finish.  So- to me, to consider OTC a sleeper team you have to look at their roster, coaching and take into consideration the teams in their district and region. This is what's great about this message board, everybody has opinions about where teams will end up.

I personally consider OTC a potential-sleeper, meaning, I think First Academy is a little bit better than OTC (Think a TD or less) and Tampa Catholic is 2 TD's better than OTC. If OTC loses to 1st Academy in the season, they'll travel to Tampa Catholic in round 1. If OTC beats First Academy I think they're a sleeper team as I think OTC has the horses to win at home in rd 1 vs Berkeley Prep or LCS. In essense, I think OTC is better than last year- actually, they maybe a candidate for most-improved 3A team; however, the teams they play are loaded and Tampa Catholic/1st Academy loaded up in the off-season and feature some of the top players in the US.

CCC? Really? Nobody is sleeping on the Marauders- heck, multiple newspapers have painted them as going toe-to-toe with JaxTCA. As of Dilan Scargles Valpariso offer, they're up to 15 guys on the roster that have at least 1 Division 1 offer.  This is a senior laden team that has played together for 3 or 4 years. They've also added one of the top offensive linemen in the country to a line that already had a plethora of experience. This is another team that has upwards of 25 players that will play college football this cycle.

I said that because no one is picking chaminade to win states but I have them beating TCA

Gator Boy-

Chaminade is in the conversation and while it would be an upset for them to beat JaxTCA, nobody would be surprised. I, for one, have them at #4 in 3A, others have them as high as #2. If I had to guess, I'd say they'll average (between all polls) #3 in 3A behind JaxTCA and CCC.  Nobody is going to fault you for picking them. That's a solid pick.

When you break Chaminade down- they're given major credit for playing IMG/Flanagan/Deerfield Beach this year. The pro-Lion crowd points to the strength of schedule and the vast amount of athletes, along with the tradition of the Chaminade program to prepare them for the playoffs. However, that's not a fair assessment. When you compare the current rosters- CCC and JaxTCA are senior loaded and dwarf the Lions big-game experience over their careers, whereas the bulk of the Lions talent is in the 2018 class. CCC and JaxTCA are going to field teams that have already played IMG twice, American Heritage Delray twice and numerous other state champions- they themselves have played in a state championship game in the past 3 years and have strong 2018 classes themselves. Chaminade is a year removed from being the brunt of many "1-9 teams making the playoffs" complaints.

The upshot is this- nobody is sleeping on Chaminade. Not with Shaun Shivers, Joshua Ali, Xavier Williams, Hunter Buckahm, Henri Columbi, Kendra White, Cody Watson and two of the top defensive ends you'll find anywhere.

I would agree losing those two players is rough. So I will start with this please go to hudl and look up WR/DB Chris Reaves, RB Willie Elder just those two videos will speak for themselves also the QB situation is well established he started 3/4 of our games last year and played solid he is now a year older and a year stronger and is only a junior. As for the WR class yes we do have a new student this year and this guy is going to turn some heads. As I have stated before being the only PUBLIC school in this entire 3a classification we cant go out and offer scholarships to stud players we can only pray that a new family moves into our small community that has a small player. Now as for struggling with 1a schools like Madison, Port St. Joe and Dixie. Madison is Taylor's rival that game is always tough PSJ they were defending State Champs if I remember correctly so even though they are 1a they where a very good team and for Dixie well lets just say I have never been apart of a game were we were not only playing against Dixie the refs beat the hell out us too I think there was over 200 hundred yards in penalties just against us very sad that the game was taken away from our kids flag after flag to where our boys didn't even want to touch them in fear of getting a 15 yard flag thrown against them. But that is all in the past we are moving forward.

I would agree losing those two players is rough. So I will start with this please go to hudl and look up WR/DB Chris Reaves, RB Willie Elder just those two videos will speak for themselves also the QB situation is well established he started 3/4 of our games last year and played solid he is now a year older and a year stronger and is only a junior. As for the WR class yes we do have a new student this year and this guy is going to turn some heads. As I have stated before being the only PUBLIC school in this entire 3a classification we cant go out and offer scholarships to stud players we can only pray that a new family moves into our small community that has a small player. Now as for struggling with 1a schools like Madison, Port St. Joe and Dixie. Madison is Taylor's rival that game is always tough PSJ they were defending State Champs if I remember correctly so even though they are 1a they where a very good team and for Dixie well lets just say I have never been apart of a game were we were not only playing against Dixie the refs beat the hell out us too I think there was over 200 hundred yards in penalties just against us very sad that the game was taken away from our kids flag after flag to where our boys didn't even want to touch them in fear of getting a 15 yard flag thrown against them. But that is all in the past we are moving forward.

Both Reaves and Elder are big athletic players with quite a bit of speed. QB Josh Mixon only played in two games last season. However, he did well passing for 372 yds against Newberry and 224 yds against Providence, both games in which Taylor won. However, Taylor is a 3A team so why are they playing six 1A teams? IMO, they should be playing more higher classification teams in order to get them used to better competition and ready to compete stronger against other 3A teams. From the videos I've watched of Taylor, there doesn't seem to be any reason why the team couldn't do just that.

I have heard the Dixie / Taylor stuff all my life and there where even a few years that they had to quit playing each other. The ref thing wont hold water it go's both ways for years i have heard the Taylor paid the ref's off and then Dixie paid them more to call it there way. LOL  Dixie vs Taylor is always physical  and personal  

Don't know where you are getting your info from but QB Mixon started  more then two games for us last year. There where times we brought Hamilton in, due to the duel threat he brought onto the field and his senior leadership please remember Mixon was only a sophomore at the time but please believe when I say this that QB has put in the work in the off season busted his butt in the weight room to run this offence. Looking forward to seeing what he does this year. To answer your question on the scheduling I'm pretty sure you can take the top 5 teams in this classification and put them anywhere between 6a to 8a classifications and those boys could still dominate. Private schools can go around and stack there teams with scholarship players we cant we are a small town with only so many players and there is nothing we could do about that. We don't run from anyone but we cant make teams play us.

Don't know where you are getting your info from but QB Mixon started more then two games for us last year. There where times we brought Hamilton in, due to the duel threat he brought onto the field and his senior leadership please remember Mixon was only a sophomore at the time but please believe when I say this that QB has put in the work in the off season busted his butt in the weight room to run this offence. Looking forward to seeing what he does this year. To answer your question on the scheduling I'm pretty sure you can take the top 5 teams in this classification and put them anywhere between 6a to 8a classifications and those boys could still dominate. Private schools can go around and stack there teams with scholarship players we cant we are a small town with only so many players and there is nothing we could do about that. We don't run from anyone but we cant make teams play us.

How far over the enrollment is Taylor county from 1a?

A lot of these teams mentioned are traditionally very good. From my area I'm going with Gulf Breeze. They could have the best team they've ever had. Granted they haven't had many good teams. They will set team records this year.

GB has never started a season 2-0. That will be broken when they go 3-0.

Most wins in a season (8) is possible.

1st playoff win could happen.

Whether they set team records or not, they will be noticeably better. Not long before they prove me right. Remember they chose to play-up to 6a. Really a 5a team. Previous coach's decisions still costing them.