6’6 (265) Boyd Anderson TE Daniel Michel transfers To Dillard

THIS_IS_DILLARD

• THIS_IS_DILLARD changed the title to 6’6 (265) Boyd Anderson TE Daniel Michel transfers To Dillard

I hate stacking teams. Part of the joy of following FL HS football for me has been seeing non-power teams rise up from the depths and compete every few years when they have some good players come through their programs.  Now, it's the same teams over and over again as they cherry pick players from other teams while the traditional have-nots are always down instead of occasionally having a good season.  I know its a dead horse topic so I dont even know why I'm commenting but I suppose I'm just venting.

3 minutes ago, PinellasFB said:

I hate stacking teams. Part of the joy of following FL HS football for me has been seeing non-power teams rise up from the depths and compete every few years when they have some good players come through their programs.  Now, it's the same teams over and over again as they cherry pick players from other teams while the traditional have-nots are always down instead of occasionally having a good season.  I know its a dead horse topic so I dont even know why I'm commenting but I suppose I'm just venting.

Oh no I empathize with you wholeheartedly, what’s crazy is the type of teams you like to see ; you’re literally describing Dillard High School. 

a once feared football powerhouse back in the 80,90s & early 2000s turned into a laughing stock for the next decade. Which includes losing a lot of our homegrown talent to The likes of STA,AHP & etc. 

bit for the last few years since 2017 Dillard has been building within from middle school to varsity, before you see all the transfers we get now, our program has to first create & develop a trusted process & identity to get our OWN players to stay home before we can get any other kids to want to come here. 

now that Dillard is a Florida powerhouse & have a elite coaching staff kids want to play for Dillard now. 

@Jullian @DarterBlue2 @VeniceIndiansFootball correct me if I’m wrong 

7 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Oh no I empathize with you wholeheartedly, what’s crazy is the type of teams you like to see ; you’re literally describing Dillard High School. 

a once feared football powerhouse back in the 80,90s & early 2000s turned into a laughing stock for the next decade. Which includes losing a lot of our homegrown talent to The likes of STA,AHP & etc. 

bit for the last few years since 2017 Dillard has been building within from middle school to varsity, before you see all the transfers we get now, our program has to first create & develop a trusted process & identity to get our OWN players to stay home before we can get any other kids to want to come here. 

now that Dillard is a Florida powerhouse & have a elite coaching staff kids want to play for Dillard now. 

You all probably lost more kids to teams like DFB than STA in the past decade 

After all isn't it a bit convenient that the year Dillard gets over 10 transfers is the same year that DFB is losing talent left and right?

Stuff like that happens up here in Duval County

Riverside (formerly Lee) got a bunch of transfers from Ed White starting about 2015-2016 as well as Terry Parker, Westside, Andrew Jackson, etc just as Ed White was doing the years prior 

Now most these players are starting to head back to Ed White and Riverside (Lee) is losing their kids coming off a Coaching change and a massive graduation class after their transfer team ran out of steam and fizzled out 

Some teams get the crop for a bit but then when things fall apart for whatever reason either the previous team starts snatching the talent back or someone else comes along and takes their place 

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You all probably lost more kids to teams like DFB than STA in the past decade 

After all isn't it a bit convenient that the year Dillard gets over 10 transfers is the same year that DFB is losing talent left and right?

Na we rarely if ever lost them to DFB it was mostly to STA, then AHP. 

we had already got 4 transfers from AHP & two from out of state before any DFB players transferred

2 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Stuff like that happens up here in Duval County

Riverside (formerly Lee) got a bunch of transfers from Ed White starting about 2015-2016 as well as Terry Parker, Westside, Andrew Jackson, etc just as Ed White was doing the years prior 

Now most these players are starting to head back to Ed White and Riverside (Lee) is losing their kids coming off a Coaching change and a massive graduation class after their transfer team ran out of steam and fizzled out 

Some teams get the crop for a bit but then when things fall apart for whatever reason either the previous team starts snatching the talent back or someone else comes along and takes their place 

Which why Dillard built from the ground up & didn’t rely on transfers aka killian now look. 

11 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Which why Dillard built from the ground up & didn’t rely on transfers aka killian now look. 

Killian fell apart because their coach left

Same reason with Riverside

Notice STA and Central both lost coaches with huge impacts on their success and have managed to keep their rosters intact, same with AHP to a lesser extent

Programs who lack stability crumble easily, you know this because your rival is the perfect example of this 

56 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Killian fell apart because their coach left

Same reason with Riverside

Notice STA and Central both lost coaches with huge impacts on their success and have managed to keep their rosters intact, same with AHP to a lesser extent

Programs who lack stability crumble easily, you know this because your rival is the perfect example of this 

Exactly and I couldn’t agree more before the last 2 years DILLARD has 4 different football coaches in 4 years 

2017-18 Head coach hemming way in his last season at Dillard (6-5) first round playoff exit

2018-19  under first year head coach toriano Morgan he took Dillard to a (8-3) regular season record and a first round playoff exit to MIAMI central.

in 2019-20 my near & dear friend finally got his varsity head coaching opportunity & he led the panthers to their first ever (10-0) regular season record and led the panthers to the reigional finals for the first time since 2001, before suddenly passing away a few months later #LLE

2020-21 another well known and respected panther got the head coaching job in Tyler tate who was the OC for chaminade during their 4 Pete.

and since taking over 2 years ago TATE has Gone 17-2 lost only 1 regular season game  a (23-14) lost @ STA last season. And hoisted the first ever tri county title in 2020. 

Point of the matter Dillard could have crumbled but they used that adversity and become what most thought was long gone at Dillard a POWER HOUSE FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

Just now, Jullian said:

Could b a beast!!!!! Ain’t too many players walking around with THAT size. BA can’t keep anybody. Used to b a top notch team….way back. 

Gonna look at some film on him if he got great hands & size & technique to go with that size he’s gonna be a PROBLEM especially in Short yards to gain situations. 

but he is brand spanking new to football so can’t expect that much but at Dillard I know the coaches gonna have him RIGHT come august. 

19 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Gonna look at some film on him if he got great hands & size & technique to go with that size he’s gonna be a PROBLEM especially in Short yards to gain situations. 

but he is brand spanking new to football so can’t expect that much but at Dillard I know the coaches gonna have him RIGHT come august. 

Yep. Good coaching will get him ready. By the end of the regular season, he’ll know football. 

4 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

A winning attitude brings stability, both of which Dillard have. Take home the 3A title this year and kids in Broward will start to flock to Dillard rather than a DFB or Fort Lauderdale High. STA is always going to be tough to compete with for transfers. Both great programs, how the hell does one choose where to go!? Maybe hire a magician. Lol

22 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

A winning attitude brings stability, both of which Dillard have. Take home the 3A title this year and kids in Broward will start to flock to Dillard rather than a DFB or Fort Lauderdale High. STA is always going to be tough to compete with for transfers. Both great programs, how the hell does one choose where to go!? Maybe hire a magician. Lol

Well their most def not flocking to ft Lauderdale high I can tell you that. 

as far as winning 3A this year, granted that is the goal, but transfers are already flocking to Dillard left and right. In the end tho we will see what transpires on the field in a few short months.

2 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Why did he leave Boyd Anderson is there something going on over there 

Boyd Anderson haven’t won more then 4 games in the last 5 6 years lol and a few of those seasons were 1-2 win seasons. 

they literally have little to no fan base & their in the same district as us & STA. Staying at bA will probably run him away from football then anything lol. I’m glad he’s coming home where his whole family graduated. 

53 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Boyd Anderson haven’t won more then 4 games in the last 5 6 years lol and a few of those seasons were 1-2 win seasons. 

they literally have little to no fan base & their in the same district as us & STA. Staying at bA will probably run him away from football then anything lol. I’m glad he’s coming home where his whole family graduated. 

Got it and he should have never went there from the beginning 

42 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Got it and he should have never went there from the beginning 

Exactly, but aye we all make mistakes with his height & weight this man has the potential to be a automatic first down on offense I would love to see him causing problems against MIAMI central at traz lol you know it’s about to be standing room only lol. 

but aye I’m just ready for some football. 

11 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Well their most def not flocking to ft Lauderdale high I can tell you that. 

as far as winning 3A this year, granted that is the goal, but transfers are already flocking to Dillard left and right. In the end tho we will see what transpires on the field in a few short months.

Gotta beat the best to be the best! 

12 hours ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

STA gets some transfers but they don't live off of transfers like it's implied on here though they have gotten more than normal the last two years 

The program in Broward that has lived by and died by transfers the last few years was DFB but now everyone leaving there and ending up at like 5 or 6 other schools including Western and Dillard

Heck DFB was even losing kids to Santaluches

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

STA gets some transfers but they don't live off of transfers like it's implied on here though they have gotten more than normal the last two years 

The program in Broward that has lived by and died by transfers the last few years was DFB but now everyone leaving there and ending up at like 5 or 6 other schools including Western and Dillard

Heck DFB was even losing kids to Santaluches

You are correct; the Miami publics are the true culprits. When everyone is guilty of the same crime (private and public,) you don’t single one out and punish just them, you change the system so it works for everyone. Metro vs Suburban will hopefully satisfy the competitive imbalance. 

1 minute ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

You are correct; the Miami publics are the true culprits. When everyone is guilty of the same crime (private and public,) you don’t single one out and punish just them, you change the system so it works for everyone. Metro vs Suburban will hopefully satisfy the competitive imbalance. 

Exactly

And yes some schools got screwed because of the ones out there that have gamed the system but the state isn't gonna pass a system that singled the cheaters out so you have to change the system to pull them out 

Though the Lakeland situation exposed that there will need to be a way to correct some aspects of metro suburban and add more counties to the metro tag long term