The parity of 6A...

BrowardHandicapper

they have a satellite school in East tampa between hillsborough avenue and Martin luther king. 40th and 50th

kids in east tampa cross the street, jump on a buss and get enrolled and everyone acts like its all good

they get their big kids from Plant city and thanonassassa

they been killing Tampa Freedom for years

believe me I am glad to get out of the corruption that is Hillsborough county

Wow

I coached at Tampa Bay Tech and they are a str8 magnet school with no boundaries. the kids have to apply and be accepted but they should really be the jugernaught in Tampa. every time they establish a player, here comes the cherry picker

Lol

they have a satellite school in East tampa between hillsborough avenue and Martin luther king. 40th and 50th

kids in east tampa cross the street, jump on a buss and get enrolled and everyone acts like its all good

they get their big kids from Plant city and thanonassassa

they been killing Tampa Freedom for years

believe me I am glad to get out of the corruption that is Hillsborough county

A public school with a satellite campus,thats crazy. The other school should try and do the same thing. that would even the playing field. Has Hillsborough High fallen off? Theres never any mention of them.

Since there are so many various proposals being looked at, being studied and being debated, I will only say stay tuned folks. The FHSAA has some fantastic options they are looking at that will really make everything very exciting. Not going to go too much into more detail than that at this time.

Y'all will like the end result I'm pretty sure.

I guarantee that you guys will like the end result if they end up going with one of the proposals. Man oh man if they do that - WOW. Football in Florida will never be the same -- for the good.

I think this will make Vero face better teams or leave them out of the playoffs

A public school with a satellite campus,thats crazy. The other school should try and do the same thing. that would even the playing field. Has Hillsborough High fallen off? Theres never any mention of them.

the only other school is Wharton

yes Hillsborough has fallen way off. It is a result of them not bringing in the elite athletes

This started when Middleton was built but has more to do with the satellite school and the rise of TBT

last year they lost to King and Blake.................

The talent level in 6A north just isn't as high as it is in the South.  Armwood most years is not far behind the 6A south teams, but when you play maybe one team a year that has that level of talent it doesn't prepare you for it.  Its not like Armwood has never beaten Central to win the ship.

The talent level in 6A north just isn't as high as it is in the South. Armwood most years is not far behind the 6A south teams, but when you play maybe one team a year that has that level of talent it doesn't prepare you for it. Its not like Armwood has never beaten Central to win the ship.

Yes you are right! That '11 Armwood team was stacked. But even with that team Central was right there with them with a very young team. Cook and Yearby were only sophomores. 3 plays changed that entire game. Two pick 6's and a wheel route play for a TD when Central was within four points. But nonetheless Armwood did win it on the field. But not in the record books.

the only other school is Wharton

yes Hillsborough has fallen way off. It is a result of them not bringing in the elite athletes

This started when Middleton was built but has more to do with the satellite school and the rise of TBT

last year they lost to King and Blake.................

Damn! I was back and forth to Tampa back in the day. King and Hillsborough used to bump heads. TBT didnt have a team.

Yes you are right! That '11 Armwood team was stacked. But even with that team Central was right there with them with a very young team. Cook and Yearby were only sophomores. 3 plays changed that entire game. Two pick 6's and a wheel route play for a TD when Central was within four points. But nonetheless Armwood did win it on the field. But not in the record books.

We also were hurting  with a slow QB.And still hung in there.We still should've won.

Do you guys think if Cocoa, Mainland and Armwood were in South Florida that maybe they would be more battle tested. Since 2011 it seems Mainland and Armwood can't beat Central and the same with Cocoa can't beat Booker T. Washington

Mainland would hold its own in South Florida. I am not sure about recent Armwood teams. The Armwood team of the early 2000s which won back to back titles beating BTW twice would have held its own. As for Cocoa, they would have to make major offensive adjustments, but if they did they might as the talent (but not the depth) is there.  

I agree the North bracket teams and Mainland dont get challenged enough. Mainland and Armwood play tough with Central for awhile then eventually Central pulls away. The talent is clearly better in the South bracket as a whole. I heard Armwood can't choose the schedule they play cause of county policy. And no one wants to play Mainland and their area just can't compete.

Armwood would hold their own.  Hillsborough County does not allow scheduling at the school level, the county AD schedules the entire county.  Unless someone comes knocking with a major game, then you can apply to play an out of county team.  Armwood would not run the table every year in south Florida, but they would win a lot of games.  They are not battle tested like the teams in south Florida.