The parity of 6A...

BrowardHandicapper

How much stronger is 6A South (Regions 3+4 or simply Region 4) versus 6A North (Regions 1+2) overall?

Here are some interesting facts to think about:

Armwood:

Year       Games Played  Record   Point Differential vs. Opponents (Reg season + 6A North Playoffs)      Avg. Victory Margin per game

2015            14                14-0                                     402 pts                                                                                                      29 pts

2014            14                14-0                                     515 pts                                                                                                      37 pts

2013            14                14-0                                     423 pts                                                                                                      30 pts

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AVG:            14                 14-0                                    447 pts                                                                                                      32 pts                                                                  

Armwood versus Miami Central the last 3 years at State Championship:

Year      Score        Margin of Loss

2015     L 13-48             35 pts

2014     L 10-24             14 pts

2013     L 7-52               45 pts

AVG:     L 10-41             31 pts

If there is any Classification that needs to be looked at and possibly addressed by the FHSAA it is 6A.  The parity is by far more drastic than any other Classification. It is obvious that outside of Armwood in 6A North ( Region 3+4) there have been NO teams that would compete without getting severely embarrassed at a State Championship.

The fact that the Armwood basically gets beat at states by and average of 31 pts and Armwood has bullied their opponents by 32 points throughout the last 3 years is something to think about.

The fact that Miami Central arguably has 5 opponents in 2016 that could upset them, and Armwood is 42-0 leading up to states the last 3 years needs to be noticed by the FHSAA.

If there was a way to slide Daytona Mainland to Region 2 it might help.

How much stronger is 6A South (Regions 3+4 or simply Region 4) versus 6A North (Regions 1+2) overall?

Here are some interesting facts to think about:

Armwood:

Year Games Played Record Point Differential vs. Opponents (Reg season + 6A North Playoffs) Avg. Victory Margin per game

2015 14 14-0 402 pts 29 pts

2014 14 14-0 515 pts 37 pts

2013 14 14-0 423 pts 30 pts

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AVG: 14 14-0 447 pts 32 pts

Armwood versus Miami Central the last 3 years at State Championship:

Year Score Margin of Loss

2015 L 13-48 35 pts

2014 L 10-24 14 pts

2013 L 7-52 45 pts

AVG: L 10-41 31 pts

If there is any Classification that needs to be looked at and possibly addressed by the FHSAA it is 6A. The parity is by far more drastic than any other Classification. It is obvious that outside of Armwood there have been NO teams that would compete without getting severely embarrassed at a State Championship.

The fact that the Armwood basically gets beat at states by and average of 31 pts and Armwood has bullied their opponents by 32 points throughout the last 3 years is something to think about.

The fact that Miami Central arguably has 5 opponents in 2016 that could upset them and Armwood is 42-0 leading up to states the last 3 years needs to be noticed by the FHSAA.

If there was a way to slide Daytona Mainland to Region 2 it might help.

Wait didn't plant beat them 2 years ago and im honestly surprised mainland is not in the 6a north, they are further north then Armwood but instead gets put in the region 4, and if Armwood was to get moved up to 7a then Miami central would need to as well because otherwise they would just dominate the next team

Wait didn't plant beat them 2 years ago and im honestly surprised mainland is not in the 6a north, they are further north then Armwood but instead gets put in the region 4, and if Armwood was to get moved up to 7a then Miami central would need to as well because otherwise they would just dominate the next team

I believe that was preseason.  Like the FHSAA, most do not count pre-season games as part of the regular season.  I am guessing Columbia counts them (except the ones they lose)?

Either way you are clearly missing the POINT of the topic. Look at the bigger picture instead of trying to attack your hated teams.  It is getting old.

Regarding Miami Central - Bad opinion because teams actually compete with them.  They don't beat their opponents in the regular season by an average of 47 points a game! Duh!  Central could actually lose...

I believe that was preseason. Like the FHSAA, most do not count pre-season games as part of the regular season. I am guessing Columbia counts them (except the ones they lose)?

Either way you are clearly missing the POINT. Look at the bigger picture instead of trying to attack your hated teams. It is getting old.

I did see the point, the 6a south dominates Armwood and armwood dominates the 6a north. There has to be a fix to both of those

And to answer I can't understand why mainland is not in the 6a north or better yet why is mainland in region 4?

LOL Maybe the FHSAA  needed to stop the Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, Carol City, Norland  and even Dillard freight train from winning state championships.  Mainland was/is  the only hope to slow it down...

LOL Maybe the FHSAA needed to stop the Miami Central, Miami Northwestern, Carol City, Norland and even Dillard freight train from winning state championships. Mainland was/is the only hope to slow it down...

There will always be a Miami team at or close to top so ideal thought is put them with teams they are close to talent wise, do you think a team like central would be closer to teams with their emense talent in the 7a or 8a south?

There will always be a Miami team at or close to top so ideal thought is put them with teams they are close to talent wise, do you think a team like central would be closer to teams with their emense talent in the 7a or 8a south?

I think the top 6A teams in 6A South are as good as the top 7A South and 8A South teams.  They could likely all compete respectively for the most part with one another.

Dillard what you think should happen to fix this problem

In my opinion they need to put mia central & STA in the same district guarantee there wont be 4 5 6 consecutive trips to state by the same team.

Put btw & trinity in the same district

As for 6A South specifically i domt think they should have all these teams with potential in the same district.

For exp. Carol city mia central norland northwestern All district champion in other districts. Or atleast another region of 6a.

In my opinion they need to put mia central & STA in the same district guarantee there wont be 4 5 6 consecutive trips to state by the same team.

As for 6A South specifically i domt think they should have all these teams with potential in the same district.

For exp. Carol city mia central norland northwestern All district champion in other districts. Or atleast another region of 6a.

When you say btw and TCA and then central and sta in same district you mean same class right not district?

I might have a potential option but I'm still working on it

The FHSAA applies classifications by enrollments but will make exceptions/options for geographical matters.  They are not going to just force dominant teams to move up in classifications according to the present guidelines.

The FHSAA applies classifications by enrollments but will make exceptions/options for geographical matters. They are not going to just force dominant teams to move up in classifications according to the present guidelines.

Trinity is a private school, don't they have a enrollment multiplier?

Simply put, I believe there is some very bad football being played in the 6A North Districts.  Even the 6A Region 4 average and bad teams don't lose to Miami Central the way the "good" teams or 6A Region 1+2 lose to Armwood.  Armwood is a legitimate state representative and power it is the Districts up there that seem to be what needs to be addressed.

My point is rather then break up the teams that are doing their job and being successful in 6A Region 4,  why not figure out why the 6A North Districts are so far behind the competition?  I understand the talent is not as deep in that Region of the state but the parity of Armwood versus the rest in that Region is so much more drastic than any other large classifications and large Regions in the State.

Ok Ik it's not a perfect or guaranteed fix but it does add balance to 6a and strengthens the 7a

Central 6a to 8a R4

Carol city 6a to 7a R4

Mainland 6a to 7A R2

Armwood 6a to 7a R2

Gainsville 6a to 7A R1

Vanguard 6a to 7A R1

So this leaves Boyd Anderson,Dillard, and northwestern in 6a south, now 6a south may not be as strong but it will also at same time be more on line with 6a north, south still has edge but nothing crazy

8A south adding central brings another big dog into the fight and could you imagine central and columbus in the same district

7A south adds Carol city to a already strong south with dywer, Braden river, STA and makes a solid Miami team to compete with STA

7a region 2 adds mainland and armwood to to with viera, plant, and Lakeland and makes that one of the strongest regions in the state and makes 7a a heck a lot better, mainland could be put in viera district with the Melbourne teams or in Lakeland district, not too crazy on travel either way and armwood could get put in plants district

Lastly the region 1 of 7a gets 2 quality teams to bulk it up as they can put vanguard and gainsville in Buchulz district and if needed they can take one out of that district and add it to Columbia district, like maybe bartram trail who could compete with Columbia, Fletcher, Lee, first coast and Atlantic coast

As for 6a north it leaves Pine Forrest, Navarre, Niceville, nease, Choctaw,Lake Gibson and st Augustine and south still would have northwestern, Dillard, norland, Boyd Anderson, granted both regions get slightly weaker but they would have a little more balance and the gains to the 7a as a whole and central vs columbus in district gives us some big positives

What you all think of it?

Simply put, I believe there is some very bad football being played in the 6A North Districts.  Even the 6A Region 4 average and bad teams don't lose to Miami Central the way the "good" teams or 6A Region 1+2 lose to Armwood.  Armwood is a legitimate state representative and power it is the Districts up there that seem to be what needs to be addressed.

My point is rather then break up the teams that are doing their job and being successful in 6A Region 4,  why not figure out why the 6A North Districts are so far behind the competition?  I understand the talent is not as deep in that Region of the state but the parity of Armwood versus the rest in that Region is so much more drastic than any other large classifications and large Regions in the State.

I Agree but doest it mean that South florida football is just that far superior then north florida Football??

I get you about their super weak districts & teams outside out of armwood. Thats crazy but i would love to STA & MIA CENTRAL in the same classification yeah the enrollment maynot b the same but dang it will it be Good.

Ok Ik it's not a perfect or guaranteed fix but it does add balance to 6a and strengthens the 7a

Central 6a to 8a R4

Carol city 6a to 7a R4

Mainland 6a to 7A R2

Armwood 6a to 7a R2

Gainsville 6a to 7A R1

Vanguard 6a to 7A R1

So this leaves Boyd Anderson,Dillard, and northwestern in 6a south, now 6a south may not be as strong but it will also at same time be more on line with 6a north, south still has edge but nothing crazy

8A south adding central brings another big dog into the fight and could you imagine central and columbus in the same district

7A south adds Carol city to a already strong south with dywer, Braden river, STA and makes a solid Miami team to compete with STA

7a region 2 adds mainland and armwood to to with viera, plant, and Lakeland and makes that one of the strongest regions in the state and makes 7a a heck a lot better, mainland could be put in viera district with the Melbourne teams or in Lakeland district, not too crazy on travel either way and armwood could get put in plants district

Lastly the region 1 of 7a gets 2 quality teams to bulk it up as they can put vanguard and gainsville in Buchulz district and if needed they can take one out of that district and add it to Columbia district, like maybe bartram trail who could compete with Columbia, Fletcher, Lee, first coast and Atlantic coast

As for 6a north it leaves Pine Forrest, Navarre, Niceville, nease, Choctaw,Lake Gibson and st Augustine and south still would have northwestern, Dillard, norland, Boyd Anderson, granted both regions get slightly weaker but they would have a little more balance and the gains to the 7a as a whole and central vs columbus in district gives us some big positives

I actually like it bro Awesome insight.

Central 6a to 8a R4

Carol city 6a to 7a R4

Mainland 6a to 7A R2

Armwood 6a to 7a R2

Gainsville 6a to 7A R1

Vanguard 6a to 7A R1

I think with that format 6A Region 2 would be dominated by: Sebring, Brandon and Forest...LOL..    Region 1 would be much stronger with Niceville, Navarre, Tate, Pine Forest, Choctawhatchee, St. Augustine, Nease and Escambia.

Since there are so many various proposals being looked at, being studied and being debated, I will only say stay tuned folks. The FHSAA has some fantastic options they are looking at that will really make everything very exciting. Not going to go too much into more detail than that at this time.

Y'all will like the end result I'm pretty sure. 

I guarantee that you guys will like the end result if they end up going with one of the proposals. Man oh man if they do that - WOW. Football in Florida will never be the same -- for the good. 

Since there are so many various proposals being looked at, being studied and being debated, I will only say stay tuned folks. The FHSAA has some fantastic options they are looking at that will really make everything very exciting. Not going to go too much into more detail than that at this time.

Y'all will like the end result I'm pretty sure.

I guarantee that you guys will like the end result if they end up going with one of the proposals. Man oh man if they do that - WOW. Football in Florida will never be the same -- for the good.

Sounds good. In mean time what you think of what i wrote up lol

I Agree but doest it mean that South florida football is just that far superior then north florida Football??

I get you about their super weak districts & teams outside out of armwood. Thats crazy but i would love to STA & MIA CENTRAL in the same classification yeah the enrollment maynot b the same but dang it will it be Good.

5A, 8A and 7A and the North Regions in those classes do not have the same issues with the parity.