The parity of 6A...

BrowardHandicapper

Sounds good. In mean time what you think of what i wrote up lol

It's interesting for sure. 

Going off of that proposal, I personally would have left Carol City in 6A, but understand why you moved them to 7A. 

Not sure if MIA Central should jump from 6A to 8A. Maybe. Maybe not.  Again, I see the reasoning for it, just not completely sold on that particular portion of the proposal. 

Since there are so many various proposals being looked at, being studied and being debated, I will only say stay tuned folks. The FHSAA has some fantastic options they are looking at that will really make everything very exciting. Not going to go too much into more detail than that at this time.

Y'all will like the end result I'm pretty sure.

I guarantee that you guys will like the end result if they end up going with one of the proposals. Man oh man if they do that - WOW. Football in Florida will never be the same -- for the good.

What you talking bout Willis? Lmao!

Going off of that proposal, I personally would have left Carol City in 6A, but understand why you moved them to 7A.

Not sure if MIA Central should jump from 6A to 8A. Maybe. Maybe not. Again, I see the reasoning for it, just not completely sold on that particular portion of the proposal.

I originally was putting central in 7a but then I felt the Miami teams that would go in their district and thought 8a has more Miami teams so they would have a better fit not to mention having south Dade and columbus would be awesome dog fights with central and probley solidifies 8a and 7a as top 2 classes with these moves

Not sure if MIA Central should jump from 6A to 8A. Maybe. Maybe not. Again, I see the reasoning for it, just not completely sold on that particular portion of the proposal.

Central would contend in 8A. Back in 2009 and 2010 when 6A was the highest class, Central made it to the semis in '09 and winning it all in '10. Enrollment in South Florida doesn't make that big of a difference. It's about talent. Look at BTW, a 4A school that could beat 80-90% of 5-8A teams in South Florida. Only teams that will give them a hard time are: AHP in 5A, Central in 6A, STA in 7A, Columbus, Flanagan, Deerfield Beach in 8A. And for you gentleman up north don't believe the Dillard hype...they're not that good. I wish Central had the enrollment to play in 8A. Central in 8A would be a legitimate contender year in and year out.

I more or less started this topic to expose the difference of 6A North (Region 1 + 2)...not so much Armwood versus 6A South or Miami Central.  The bigger problem seems to be the 35 or so Region 1+ 2 teams that can't compete with Armwood.  Just give us 3 teams that can hold their own with Armwood - please.

It has been 3 years and based off the facts of the scores and records of Armwood over the last 3 years it proves nothing has really changed.  It is not like it was a 1 year fluke for Armwood being so dominant.  If 42-0 and outscoring your opponents by an average of 31 pts per game over 3 years does not expose a problem, I don't know what will.

IMHO, instead of Parity (equaling the playing field, so to speak) why is it that 6A north is not able to compete, both with Armwood and 6A south? Is it the players or the coaching? Or possibly both? Don't understand how the players could be that much different in the south than in the north. Also, I don't think that coaches apply for HC position based specifically whether the position is in the south or north. A lot of coaches come out of the college and NFL ranks and apply for any position that they can handle no matter where in the country it is. So, why the difference? 

I would think, instead of some kind of equal playing field manipulation, that the north schools in 6A would understand the inequity and do what is necessary to bring their teams up to par. Whether it is more funding, better booster and administration support, more dedicated and experienced coaching, or more comprehensive choosing of incoming players, it should be up to the schools themselves to change the environment. If Armwood can do it then so can Vanguard, Pine Forest, Gainesville, Forest, Mainland, etc. 

This just my opinion and I am not trying to 2nd guess anyone or any organization.

I more or less started this topic to expose the difference of 6A North (Region 1 + 2)...not so much Armwood versus 6A South or Miami Central. The bigger problem seems to be the 35 or so Region 1+ 2 teams that can't compete with Armwood. Just give us 3 teams that can hold their own with Armwood - please.

It has been 3 years and based off the facts of the scores and records of Armwood over the last 3 years it proves nothing has really changed. It is not like it was a 1 year fluke for Armwood being so dominant. If 42-0 and outscoring your opponents by an average of 31 pts per game over 3 years does not expose a problem, I don't know what will.

I totally agree with you. Back in 2014 the proposed realignment had Mainland in 6A north, where they should be but the FHSAA decided to relocate them back to the south when the final alignment was set. Armwood beats teams mentally before the even set foot on the field in the north. It's kinda like De la Salle in California. Thier dominance in northern California is Ridiculous! They haven't lost a game against NorCal teams in over 15 years.

Central would contend in 8A. Back in 2009 and 2010 when 6A was the highest class, Central made it to the semis in '09 and winning it all in '10. Enrollment in South Florida doesn't make that big of a difference. It's about talent. Look at BTW, a 4A school that could beat 80-90% of 5-8A teams in South Florida. Only teams that will give them a hard time are: AHP in 5A, Central in 6A, STA in 7A, Columbus, Flanagan, Deerfield Beach in 8A. And for you gentleman up north don't believe the Dillard hype...they're not that good. I wish Central had the enrollment to play in 8A. Central in 8A would be a legitimate contender year in and year out.

Dillard not that Good Do u dade [admin redaction] even look at football or dare i say know it? Lol go back to recess wit da rest of the Kids Homie leave the football talk to actual people who have played the game. Dillard is not that Good but almost everyone on here & on the polls think other wise. Nice try tho...& it domt got anything to do with me being a dillard Alum this could have been any team. You say derrfield can compete with central and u can put dillard & deerfield on a neatrul field & i will take dillard 3 out of 5 but were not that Good. STA VS DILLARD is 1 of the top kickoff classic games in the state this year but dillard isnt that Good? If we was so bad that game will not be talked about at all. Nor sold out with dozens & dozens of people buying tickets already.

Oh yeah they could for sure be a contender. We just have so many powers in 8A (and 3A) already. Send them to 7A to challenge Aquinas year in and year out. 

Dillard not that Good Do u dade niggas even look at football or dare i say know it? Lol go back to recess wit da rest of the Kids Homie leave the football talk to actual people who have played the game. Dillard is not that Good but almost everyone on here & on the polls think other wise. Nice try tho...& it domt got anything to do with me being a dillard Alum this could have been any team. You say derrfield can compete with central and u can put dillard & deerfield on a neatrul field & i will take dillard 3 out of 5 but were not that Good. STA VS DILLARD is 1 of the top kickoff classic games in the state this year but dillard isnt that Good? If we was so bad that game will not be talked about at all. Nor sold out with dozens & dozens of people buying tickets already.

You would take Dillard 3 out of 5 versus Deerfield Beach?

In the '90s?

Dillard not that Good Do u dade [admin redaction] even look at football or dare i say know it? Lol go back to recess wit da rest of the Kids Homie leave the football talk to actual people who have played the game. Dillard is not that Good but almost everyone on here & on the polls think other wise. Nice try tho...& it domt got anything to do with me being a dillard Alum this could have been any team. You say derrfield can compete with central and u can put dillard & deerfield on a neatrul field & i will take dillard 3 out of 5 but were not that Good. STA VS DILLARD is 1 of the top kickoff classic games in the state this year but dillard isnt that Good? If we was so bad that game will not be talked about at all. Nor sold out with dozens & dozens of people buying tickets already.

First of all check yourself with the language or I can "ASSURE" I will have you kicked off this board. Bet that HOMIE! Just because you played the means what? Child please! You wanna talk about polls lets...Outside of being the TOP team in 6A the last four years and being in the top 2 in the state poll prior to the final game Central has been a legitimate NATIONALLY ranked team since '09. And Dillard...I'll wait. CRICKETS! You have hyped Dillard the last few years and they've did nothing. When they played Central in the playoffs two years ago...it was like the looks of your girlfriend, not pretty! At all. Dillard's last good team was in '00 when they went to state and loss. Yes they beat Central in the playoffs that year..Whoop whoop! I know the game very well and know Florida football history better than you might think. Just because I'm not on here posting all day like you and few others doesn't mean I'm clueless. And again watch the language. I got Josh on speed dial. But then you wonder why folks look at African Americans the way they do. You don't have to let EVERYONE know your level of ignorance.

How much stronger is 6A South (Regions 3+4 or simply Region 4) versus 6A North (Regions 1+2) overall?

Here are some interesting facts to think about:

Armwood:

Year       Games Played  Record   Point Differential vs. Opponents (Reg season + 6A North Playoffs)      Avg. Victory Margin per game

2015            14                14-0                                     402 pts                                                                                                      29 pts

2014            14                14-0                                     515 pts                                                                                                      37 pts

2013            14                14-0                                     423 pts                                                                                                      30 pts

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AVG:            14                 14-0                                    447 pts                                                                                                      32 pts                                                                  

Armwood versus Miami Central the last 3 years at State Championship:

Year      Score        Margin of Loss

2015     L 13-48             35 pts

2014     L 10-24             14 pts

2013     L 7-52               45 pts

AVG:     L 10-41             31 pts

If there is any Classification that needs to be looked at and possibly addressed by the FHSAA it is 6A.  The parity is by far more drastic than any other Classification. It is obvious that outside of Armwood in 6A North ( Region 3+4) there have been NO teams that would compete without getting severely embarrassed at a State Championship.

The fact that the Armwood basically gets beat at states by and average of 31 pts and Armwood has bullied their opponents by 32 points throughout the last 3 years is something to think about.

The fact that Miami Central arguably has 5 opponents in 2016 that could upset them, and Armwood is 42-0 leading up to states the last 3 years needs to be noticed by the FHSAA.

If there was a way to slide Daytona Mainland to Region 2 it might help.

If Im not mistaken Mainland was put in the north. They petitioned to stay in the south. We were surprised at that.Maybe it works out better for them. Central petitioned to stay in 6a and not 7a.

Let's talk about this STA vs Dillard kickoff classic. They played last and STA mopped the floor with them and I see no difference this year. Stop trying to sell the people up north PANTHERS fools gold! Dillard will probably make the playoffs based on their district but WILL NOT beat a Central or CC team in the playoffs. If Dillard was in the same district as Central playing the likes of CC, NW, and Norland wouldn't taste a sample of the playoffs.