USA Today Rankings

james ricks

I hear you...you are basically saying (but not really saying) it is a psychological factor for pre-season or even early regular season polls. If that is the case and teams and coaches know that then wouldn't it be wise to leave your starters in the whole game in a spring game?

I'm serious though ...We should start a new topic with spring/preseason results of games and jamborees. Wouldn't it be easier to make our preseason rankings?

You're putting way to much emphasis on this. It's just on factor for preseason ranking. Not everything. Returning starters, transfers, etc. all play a part in it.

"They also have an ambitious schedule that includes St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale), Booker T. Washington (Miami), Colquitt County (Moultrie, Ga.) and Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, N.J.)."

Interesting.  I was not aware AHP was playing STA in 2016.  

They aren't and I didn't see this error. I will have to let them know.

I heard that they had their back ups in when Columbia scored late. Columbia still had their starters in.

No, we were about to score on their starters as we had starters on both sides into the 4th quarter then they ran their backups out there and asked us to do the same and Thats when scoring stopped, I was not going to count any score by backups, I was also scorestreaming the game and once the backups went in I put that as the game final

Do you feel pre-season games should count in polls? Particularly the kickoff classic?

No, they shouldn't, but if that is what the national polls are going to do then so be it. What I can control is the rankings here and when the ballots are due. For the preseason rankings, they will be due like day of kickoff classics and the first poll will come out on Monday, the 22nd.

No, they shouldn't, but if that is what the national polls are going to do then so be it. What I can control is the rankings here and when the ballots are due. For the preseason rankings, they will be due like day of kickoff classics and the first poll will come out on Monday, the 22nd.

So what will be your criteria for the preseason polls?

"They also have an ambitious schedule that includes St. Thomas Aquinas (Fort Lauderdale), Booker T. Washington (Miami), Colquitt County (Moultrie, Ga.) and Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, N.J.)."

Interesting.  I was not aware AHP was playing STA in 2016.  

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Working to get it corrected right now. 

the 5 that you mentioned is dead on accurate

After comparing the two other national polls that are out, I'm a bit concerned about Central making top 5.

I totally forgot about Cedar Hill. So you have six teams: STA, BG, IMG, Greyson, Central, and CHill vying for five remaining spots. Who gets left out?

After comparing the two other national polls that are out, I'm a bit concerned about Central making top 5.

I totally forgot about Cedar Hill. So you have six teams: STA, BG, IMG, Greyson, Central, and CHill vying for five remaining spots. Who gets left out?

Who you think gets number 1 and who gets left out?

Who you think gets number 1 and who gets left out?

In my opinion BG should get #1. They are the two time defending MNC. But won't be surprised to see STA get the top spot. As far as who gets left out. Of the six teams as much as I hate to admit...Central. Just looking how loaded the other teams are, not saying Central isn't loaded either but if I compare the other polls, Central is ranked lower than all six left.