Just to prove I'm honest about transfers

DisabledAccount

24 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The former Fort White QB and QB at Hawthorne last year is now at Columbia for his senior year

A lot of flowery words of thanks and praise for his former teammates at Hawthorne. Did his family actually move to Columbia HS district or did he "bail" on his former teammates? Nice "touch" with the hearts.

10 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Just one question when did players start making paragraphs & publicly announcing their decision to transfer schools. 

is the LeBron “decision” 2.0

Idk I saw several from the Dillard kids 

I would say that I've seen this for a few years now when I come across Twitter posts of kids transferring

52 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

A lot of flowery words of thanks and praise for his former teammates at Hawthorne. Did his family actually move to Columbia HS district or did he "bail" on his former teammates? Nice "touch" with the hearts.

His family lives in High Springs which is probably 20-25 minutes from Columbia High so similar distance to what he was doing at Hawthorne and a little more than Fort White but both schools his dad was coaching at 

Idk if his dad ends up coaching at Columbia now as I haven't seen anything to suggest it yet but who knows, he did play under Coach Jackson for 2 years at Fort White before going to Hawthorne last year before Jackson was hired by Columbia and his dad I believe graduated from Columbia in the 90s so if anything he could have easily ended up being a 4 year Columbia player if one or two things had been different a couple of years ago 

I don't have a problem with it because while Columbia gets one transfer most teams in our district every year are getting 10 

We were already district favorites and now this will help Columbia get a major boost in the potential regional playoffs chase and 20 years ago he would have been at Columbia High anyway 

Most High Springs kids end up at either Santa Fe or Fort White since while High Springs is technically alachua county it's as far from Gainesville as Lake City

19 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

His family lives in High Springs which is probably 20-25 minutes from Columbia High so similar distance to what he was doing at Hawthorne and a little more than Fort White but both schools his dad was coaching at 

Idk if his dad ends up coaching at Columbia now as I haven't seen anything to suggest it yet but who knows, he did play under Coach Jackson for 2 years at Fort White before going to Hawthorne last year before Jackson was hired by Columbia and his dad I believe graduated from Columbia in the 90s so if anything he could have easily ended up being a 4 year Columbia player if one or two things had been different a couple of years ago 

"he could have easily ended up being a 4 year Columbia player if one or two things had been different a couple of years ago".

If he was following his father's coaching positions, the school changes would make sense, especially in a rural area, because his Dad would be his transportation to and from school. If he was bouncing between schools looking for a better team, I would be concerned in recruiting him if I were a college coach. The college transfer portal makes it too easy for disgruntled or opportunistic players to jump ship and leave a program. Changes in residency requirements for high schoolers has disrupted many high school football teams here in the Orlando area. 

44 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

"he could have easily ended up being a 4 year Columbia player if one or two things had been different a couple of years ago".

If he was following his father's coaching positions, the school changes would make sense, especially in a rural area, because his Dad would be his transportation to and from school. If he was bouncing between schools looking for a better team, I would be concerned in recruiting him if I were a college coach. The college transfer portal makes it too easy for disgruntled or opportunistic players to jump ship and leave a program. Changes in residency requirements for high schoolers has disrupted many high school football teams here in the Orlando area. 

The reality is that had Coach Jackson ended up at Columbia about a month or 2 earlier than he did, Jefferson would had likely been at Columbia last year based on people I've spoken to about this situation

By the time he got the job, his dad was already at Hawthorne with a coaching position so he went to Hawthorne

On 6/27/2022 at 5:10 PM, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Just one question when did players start making paragraphs & publicly announcing their decision to transfer schools. 

is the LeBron “decision” 2.0

Players have been doing this for a while. They imitate what they see pros/college athletes doing.

Eventually we will see 8th graders and 5th graders doing the same. 

On 6/27/2022 at 4:00 PM, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The former Fort White QB and QB at Hawthorne last year is now at Columbia for his senior year

Is he playing QB or RB for you guys? He pretty much ran QB power against PK in the playoff game last year, because their passing game was almost nonexistent, their first (and probably only) pass was a pick 6. He looks like a college RB to me

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

The reality is that had Coach Jackson ended up at Columbia about a month or 2 earlier than he did, Jefferson would had likely been at Columbia last year based on people I've spoken to about this situation

By the time he got the job, his dad was already at Hawthorne with a coaching position so he went to Hawthorne

"The reality is that had Coach Jackson ended up at Columbia about a month or 2 earlier than he did, Jefferson would had likely been at Columbia last year based on people I've spoken to about this situation"

Without researching Columbia's recent QB situation, I'm guessing that this past season's starting QB is graduating and this kid is expected to be their new starting QB for the upcoming season. If that's the case, it smells of recruiting and maybe a position for his Dad was part of the enticement. It also stinks for the QB that waited for his turn and would have been moving up to the starting position in the next season. 

21 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

"The reality is that had Coach Jackson ended up at Columbia about a month or 2 earlier than he did, Jefferson would had likely been at Columbia last year based on people I've spoken to about this situation"

Without researching Columbia's recent QB situation, I'm guessing that this past season's starting QB is graduating and this kid is expected to be their new starting QB for the upcoming season. If that's the case, it smells of recruiting and maybe a position for his Dad was part of the enticement. It also stinks for the QB that waited for his turn and would have been moving up to the starting position in the next season. 

If that was the case the same could be said of Hawthorne hiring his dad or Fort White hiring his dad 

And as for Columbia QB situation last year it was a mess, we had 3-4 different starters because one would either struggle or get injured and like I said 15-20 years ago he would have been at Columbia anyway 

But sure Columbia recruited him, we got to keep up with teams in our district recruiting from a county much larger than us whether it's Duval county last year or Clay County this year 

Columbia can and will play by any game we have to, people make the rules and we will adjust and keep winning because that's what winning programs do

They change and adapt, we ain't a flash in the pan like Riverside who has to recruit to survive and now that their recruiter coach stepped down they falling apart, Columbia has won district and playoff games in every system the FHSAA has used for the past 5 decades 

55 minutes ago, 561_Fan said:

Is he playing QB or RB for you guys? He pretty much ran QB power against PK in the playoff game last year, because their passing game was almost nonexistent, their first (and probably only) pass was a pick 6. He looks like a college RB to me

QB but probably will be a dual threat 

My guess is that Hawthorne did that because most 1a teams just try to out athlete teams because they know it's the path of least resistance

He will be better developed as a passer at Columbia

Also for the record I never confirmed if his dad will coach at Columbia

I have no clue whatsoever, I'll know when I'm out there in the fall but it's not really recruiting otherwise I can turn in several schools over in Jacksonville right now including the one who was in our district last year 

10 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

But sure Columbia recruited him, we got to keep up with teams in our district recruiting from a county much larger than us whether it's Duval county last year or Clay County this year 

Columbia can and will play by any game we have to, people make the rules and we will adjust and keep winning because that's what winning programs do.

Um, but recruiting is still against the rules.   So, let me fix that second sentence for you:

"Columbia can and will play by any game we have to, people make the rules and we will find a way to break them, but just hope that no one catches us, so that we can keep winning because that's what winning programs do."

:P

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Um, but recruiting is still against the rules.   So, let me fix that second sentence for you:

"Columbia can and will play by any game we have to, people make the rules and we will find a way to break them, but just hope that no one catches us, so that we can keep winning because that's what winning programs do."

:P

I was being sarcastic

21 hours ago, nolebull813 said:

Pine Forest has week 11 open. Come get some 

That game won't be happening from what I can tell 

The biggest issue is because they are in our region they don't want to risk a situation where we drive to Pensacola week 11 and then have to turn around and do it again in the first round of the playoffs

Edison was asking too high of a price tag to get us to play at home because they wanted us to 100% cover their expenses for this year and then cover our own trip to Miami next year 

At the moment Wakulla seems like the only available option that could work but Columbia is still waiting for them to call the school back so they could finalize the game since Columbia has been trying to get ahold of Wakulla for a few days now