Just to prove I'm honest about transfers

DisabledAccount

13 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If that was the case the same could be said of Hawthorne hiring his dad or Fort White hiring his dad 

And as for Columbia QB situation last year it was a mess, we had 3-4 different starters because one would either struggle or get injured and like I said 15-20 years ago he would have been at Columbia anyway 

But sure Columbia recruited him, we got to keep up with teams in our district recruiting from a county much larger than us whether it's Duval county last year or Clay County this year 

Columbia can and will play by any game we have to, people make the rules and we will adjust and keep winning because that's what winning programs do

They change and adapt, we ain't a flash in the pan like Riverside who has to recruit to survive and now that their recruiter coach stepped down they falling apart, Columbia has won district and playoff games in every system the FHSAA has used for the past 5 decades 

"But sure Columbia recruited him, we got to keep up with teams in our district recruiting from a county much larger than us whether it's Duval county last year or Clay County this year "

What message does that send to the local kids on the team; those that are zoned to Columbia's school district, been loyal to Columbia HS, and have waited their turn for a shot at a starting position? Winning is more important than supporting local athletes? That's a "great message" that you're sending local kids.

Just now, HornetFan said:

"But sure Columbia recruited him, we got to keep up with teams in our district recruiting from a county much larger than us whether it's Duval county last year or Clay County this year "

What message does that send to the local kids on the team; those that are zoned to Columbia's school district, been loyal to Columbia HS, and have waited their turn for a shot at a starting position? Winning is more important than supporting local athletes? That's a "great message" that you're sending local kids.

Again he would have been a Columbia High School kid 15-20 years ago

What part of that do you not understand, the dumbest decision this county ever made was splitting Columbia County into 2 high schools as it made it impossible for Columbia to ever have the full support of the county anymore

I don't see any kid that would be at Fort White as a kid that isn't ours to begin with, it's just correcting a screw up by the county in the first place 

And you keep saying local, HE IS LOCAL, HE ALWAYS WAS 

He was a Fort White kid who only went to Hawthorne because his dad was hired as a coach last year 

I don't see you bashing with any effort towards the teams getting 20 transfers a year but we get 1 good kid and suddenly Columbia recruiting? It's hilarious how many of the board are complete hypocrites

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Again he would have been a Columbia High School kid 15-20 years ago

What part of that do you not understand, the dumbest decision this county ever made was splitting Columbia County into 2 high schools as it made it impossible for Columbia to ever have the full support of the county anymore

I don't see any kid that would be at Fort White as a kid that isn't ours to begin with, it's just correcting a screw up by the county in the first place 

And you keep saying local, HE IS LOCAL, HE ALWAYS WAS 

He was a Fort White kid who only went to Hawthorne because his dad was hired as a coach last year 

I don't see you bashing with any effort towards the teams getting 20 transfers a year but we get 1 good kid and suddenly Columbia recruiting? It's hilarious how many of the board are complete hypocrites

"What part of that do you not understand, the dumbest decision this county ever made was splitting Columbia County into 2 high schools as it made it impossible for Columbia to ever have the full support of the county anymore"

The population of the State of Florida grows each year. Counties make decisions to form new school districts and build new schools to support that population growth. Kids are zoned to their new "local" school districts. Preserving the state ranking of your football team is not supposed to be a consideration in the formation of the newly formed districts. This happens all across the State and sometimes current students are allowed to stay at their current high school as to not disrupt their education and allow them to graduate with their class. I don't think they make a provision for the recruitment of football players. Recruiting one player or twenty players is still recruiting; that shouldn't be hard to understand.

That was the whole reason I made the post in the first place 

I wanted to prove that people here don't give a damn about a metro school getting transfers but the rural teams are supposed to be some whipping boy for these schools? Why? Why are teams like Columbia supposed to just accept being incapable of winning? Screw the narrative and screw the bullshit

I really don't give a damn because come season time it will be put up or shut up and the teams that can play with the big boys will and those who can't will get smashed when they come up to play a good team

Some teams been running their mouths and now they will pay for the last 2 years of kicking Columbia while they were down 

Suwannee

Buchholz

Union

Madison

TCA

Your on deck and if you don't bring everything you have you will lose, warning issued step up or step aside

1 minute ago, HornetFan said:

"What part of that do you not understand, the dumbest decision this county ever made was splitting Columbia County into 2 high schools as it made it impossible for Columbia to ever have the full support of the county anymore"

The population of the State of Florida grows each year. Counties make decisions to form new school districts and build new schools to support that population growth. Kids are zoned to their new "local" school districts. Preserving the state ranking of your football team is not supposed to be a consideration in the formation of the newly formed districts. This happens all across the State and sometimes current students are allowed to stay at their current high school as to not disrupt their education and allow them to graduate with their class. I don't think they make a provision for the recruitment of football players. Recruiting one player or twenty players is still recruiting; that shouldn't be hard to understand.

But your putting in more effort on a school getting 1 than the ones getting 20 

And to say it's the same is laughable and also laughable is this "local" school districts

There is no borders by the rules of the state, Columbia high school has never operated at capacity so there are open seats and kids can be accepted at any point 

12 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

That was the whole reason I made the post in the first place 

I wanted to prove that people here don't give a damn about a metro school getting transfers but the rural teams are supposed to be some whipping boy for these schools? Why? Why are teams like Columbia supposed to just accept being incapable of winning? Screw the narrative and screw the bullshit

I really don't give a damn because come season time it will be put up or shut up and the teams that can play with the big boys will and those who can't will get smashed when they come up to play a good team

Some teams been running their mouths and now they will pay for the last 2 years of kicking Columbia while they were down 

Suwannee

Buchholz

Union

Madison

TCA

Your on deck and if you don't bring everything you have you will lose, warning issued step up or step aside

9/16/22

6 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

But your putting in more effort on a school getting 1 than the ones getting 20 

And to say it's the same is laughable and also laughable is this "local" school districts

There is no borders by the rules of the state, Columbia high school has never operated at capacity so there are open seats and kids can be accepted at any point 

"But your putting in more effort on a school getting 1 than the ones getting 20"

I only commented on this instance because the kid posted a farewell message to his former teammates that appears to be self-serving at best. He "bailed" on his current team. If he did it on his own accord, he broke no rules. If Columbia recruited him, ..........

1 minute ago, HornetFan said:

"But your putting in more effort on a school getting 1 than the ones getting 20"

I only commented on this instance because the kid posted a farewell message to his former teammates that appears to be self-serving at best. He "bailed" on his current team. If he did it on his own accord, he broke no rules. If Columbia recruited him, ..........

But it's only being assumed he was recruited

Him going to Columbia had been up in the air even when he was at Fort White because of his dad having ties to Columbia the whole time, there was other aspects of it but I've chose to not go into details on it because it is unnecessary and not something I feel is important to bring to a public forum but long story short I do know even people in the local media felt him coming here was a possibility the last 3 years 

It was an elephant in the room of will he go to Columbia for like 3 years, most knew it was always a possibility so Columbia doesn't need to go and say "hey come play here" 

He's fully capable of making his own decisions and from reading the article he talked with his family before doing it but I'm sure his dad having ties to Columbia already probably peaked interest

• 2 weeks later...