Columbia vs Suwannee rivalry returning

DisabledAccount

As a kickoff classic 

Well I guess apparently they want a trial run in a game that doesn't count for the standings before seeing if they are willing to play Columbia again 

Let's see if all the Talking and shady stuff you all pulling in Live Oak since the COVID year was worth it because now you have to stand across the field against a team that owns you and face what you brought on yourselves

7 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

As a kickoff classic 

Well I guess apparently they want a trial run in a game that doesn't count for the standings before seeing if they are willing to play Columbia again 

Let's see if all the Talking and shady stuff you all pulling in Live Oak since the COVID year was worth it because now you have to stand across the field against a team that owns you and face what you brought on yourselves

"BO, why all the hate on little Live Oak ?  Sure it's been a lopsided rival to big bad Lake City but yall been knocking heads for decades. Saw my first in 1970 or '71 at Live Oak. Had a lady friend who's family moved there. I caught the bus up there a few times in 10th grade, good people. Lake Butler, Starke, Lake City ( Greyhound stop was an old closed up gas station ) then on to Live Oak. Heading home at night through Jacksonville was a little scary. The bathrooms were upstairs and the old station was in a rough part of town. This 15yr old boy was nervous. 

Is there something to point to that would make the case for Suwannee being at an advantage against Columbo High? What does Suwannee got that should make them competitive against a team a few classes above them? 

This is a team closer to 1,000 in enrollment against a team closer to 2,000 in enrollment. With no major city nearby, and no new jobs to attract people to. 

This rivalry has been outgrown. 

7 hours ago, Dan in Daytona said:

"BO, why all the hate on little Live Oak ?  Sure it's been a lopsided rival to big bad Lake City but yall been knocking heads for decades. Saw my first in 1970 or '71 at Live Oak. Had a lady friend who's family moved there. I caught the bus up there a few times in 10th grade, good people. Lake Butler, Starke, Lake City ( Greyhound stop was an old closed up gas station ) then on to Live Oak. Heading home at night through Jacksonville was a little scary. The bathrooms were upstairs and the old station was in a rough part of town. This 15yr old boy was nervous. 

The hate is this 

Suwannee dropped the rivalry because they couldn't compete anymore

Since then they been talking that they could beat us every year, they been snatching press time from the lake city reporter and when we pushed our season back during COVID they tried to get kids to transfer over by using the one thing they could to cut the gap 

I had no problem with them dropping the game because it was obvious they couldn't compete but the moment they started making claims they could beat us when they are the ones that dropped the game they disrespected the Columbia program and after finally getting the game back they would only agree to a kickoff classic 

35 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Is there something to point to that would make the case for Suwannee being at an advantage against Columbo High? What does Suwannee got that should make them competitive against a team a few classes above them? 

This is a team closer to 1,000 in enrollment against a team closer to 2,000 in enrollment. With no major city nearby, and no new jobs to attract people to. 

This rivalry has been outgrown. 

A lot of rivalries have been outgrown nole

There are people old enough to remember when the rivalry was actually competitive and those people have put a lot of pressure on both schools to bring the rivalry back

42 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Since then they been talking that they could beat us every year, they been snatching press time from the lake city reporter and when we pushed our season back during COVID they tried to get kids to transfer over by using the one thing they could to cut the gap 

Who is "they?"   Serious question.   Did Suwanee's coach say that publicly?  Or was it just a couple of high school kids on Twitter?  Or some guy on a high school football message board?  

There's always going to be "that guy" or a handful of disillusioned fan[atic]s who think their team can beat every other team in the country (and, no, I'm not talking about Jesse).  But you can't hold an entire school or its football team accountable for a couple of folks pounding their chests.  So, I'll ask again, who is "they?"

On a related note, how exactly does someone "snatch press time?"  By doing something newsworthy?  By playing games when another team is not (albeit for valid reasons)? 

Last, was it Suwanee coaches who were trying to convince Columbia players to transfer?  Or players?  Is this one of those "you know that it happened, but can't really prove it" situations? 

If I were you, I think I would be excited that the rivalry is being renewed and that your team finally gets to play Suwanee on the filed . . . even if its a glorified scrimmage. 

58 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Who is "they?"   Serious question.   Did Suwanee's coach say that publicly?  Or was it just a couple of high school kids on Twitter?  Or some guy on a high school football message board?  

There's always going to be "that guy" or a handful of disillusioned fan[atic]s who think their team can beat every other team in the country (and, no, I'm not talking about Jesse).  But you can't hold an entire school or its football team accountable for a couple of folks pounding their chests.  So, I'll ask again, who is "they?"

On a related note, how exactly does someone "snatch press time?"  By doing something newsworthy?  By playing games when another team is not (albeit for valid reasons)? 

Last, was it Suwanee coaches who were trying to convince Columbia players to transfer?  Or players?  Is this one of those "you know that it happened, but can't really prove it" situations? 

If I were you, I think I would be excited that the rivalry is being renewed and that your team finally gets to play Suwanee on the filed . . . even if its a glorified scrimmage. 

It was hinted at by the Lake City reporter with a quote by the Columbia coaches, they may not have expressly named Suwannee but the surrounding context wasn't hard to figure out who they were talking about when they stated they had coaches texting players to come to their school because they were playing their season already but Columbia was pushing their season back 

In terms of stealing press time this started when the Lake City reporter picked up the live oak coverage area when the Suwannee democrat shut down and now we have had to share press time with their county teams in our OWN DAMN PAPER 

Several players, retired Suwannee coaches and even the local media said they would have beat us the last 2 years even though Columbia tried to schedule Suwannee both years and they declined 

2 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I’m just messing with you. It was 1’s vs 1’s the entire first half and Columbia was dog walking them.

You know if your going to that Valdosta double header game the next day in GA you can come watch Suwannee vs Columbia, I may even see if I can get us cleared to watch from the sidelines

11 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

You know if your going to that Valdosta double header game the next day in GA you can come watch Suwannee vs Columbia, I may even see if I can get us cleared to watch from the sidelines

I’m not going to that dud. Deer Jerkey lost everyone. That will be a blowout. And I don’t know what’s up with AHP playing their first game with the new coach. 

I would rather head to SFL to watch that FL vs USA event. You should hitch a ride with Josh. lol 

15 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

I’m not going to that dud. Deer Jerkey lost everyone. That will be a blowout. And I don’t know what’s up with AHP playing their first game with the new coach. 

I would rather head to SFL to watch that FL vs USA event. You should hitch a ride with Josh. lol 

That FL vs USA event is a different week and I'm not paying a hotel nor watching multiple days in that SFL heat 

Plus only half those matchups actually would be worth the effort for me 

15 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Maybe you can catch one of the later season games in Lake City then 

We supposed to have a new scoreboard by the Middleburg game in October which will be the largest video scoreboard in the state of Florida when completed

16 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Maybe you can catch one of the later season games in Lake City then 

We supposed to have a new scoreboard by the Middleburg game in October which will be the largest video scoreboard in the state of Florida when completed

@nolebull813

5 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

It was hinted at by the Lake City reporter with a quote by the Columbia coaches, they may not have expressly named Suwannee but the surrounding context wasn't hard to figure out who they were talking about when they stated they had coaches texting players to come to their school because they were playing their season already but Columbia was pushing their season back 

In terms of stealing press time this started when the Lake City reporter picked up the live oak coverage area when the Suwannee democrat shut down and now we have had to share press time with their county teams in our OWN DAMN PAPER 

Several players, retired Suwannee coaches and even the local media said they would have beat us the last 2 years even though Columbia tried to schedule Suwannee both years and they declined 

I appreciate the response, ColumbiaFan.   Sounds like one of those classic situations where the head coach knows who the better team is (and, therefore, doesn't schedule them), but the fans - who, of course, have no say whatsoever on the scheduling - can yell and holler that their team would beat your team. 

45 minutes ago, Perspective said:

I appreciate the response, ColumbiaFan.   Sounds like one of those classic situations where the head coach knows who the better team is (and, therefore, doesn't schedule them), but the fans - who, of course, have no say whatsoever on the scheduling - can yell and holler that their team would beat your team. 

I'm sure the people directly involved with Suwannee knew it after all it was the main reason they gave for dropping the game was that they couldn't be competitive in it 

Personally I tend to not care about players thinking that their team would win because I know they know next to nothing about other teams in the state 

When it is coaches (present or retired) or media that start saying it especially ones who know the reason for the game being dropped I see it as an attempt to discredit a program that has always earned their spot 

33 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

No all of them are at night accept the stranahan one because they don’t have their own field. 

all the other games are being hosted at the the home team school at 7pm. 

I thought it was at that stadium formally known as Lockhart because they wanted a neutral site to host all the games?