Columbia vs Suwannee rivalry returning

DisabledAccount

48 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Just checked. Suwannee has a tougher schedule than Columbo does

No they don't

Columbia faces 2 state champs from last year Suwannee faces 1 

Columbia also faces a semifinalist from last year and a regional finalist and an additional team who made the playoffs and that's with having 3 district games that don't add much to the schedule and being a game short because teams up here won't play 

Plus Columbia will actually have a winning record with their schedule

10 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

No they don't

Columbia faces 2 state champs from last year Suwannee faces 1 

Columbia also faces a semifinalist from last year and a regional finalist and an additional team who made the playoffs and that's with having 3 district games that don't add much to the schedule and being a game short because teams up here won't play 

Plus Columbia will actually have a winning record with their schedule

Easy there “Tiger”. I only say that because Suwannee scheduled big bad Columbia and Columbia scheduled weak Ole Suwannee :lol:

1 hour ago, nolebull813 said:

Easy there “Tiger”. I only say that because Suwannee scheduled big bad Columbia and Columbia scheduled weak Ole Suwannee :lol:

If it were up to me we would make Baker County the new annual rivalry or put Gainesville back on but I don't mind having a game where I know we will win before it starts

35 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Columbia should be playing Lincoln, Wakulla, Baker County a GA team and a team from Tampa/Orlando/Miami 

Lincoln doesn't want to play Columbia and Baker County keeps turning down offers to play us 

Only GA team I think we could get a home/home with is maybe Valdosta or Camden County but those games keep falling through

This is first time since 2018 we won't have a SFL team on the schedule, sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't and isn't Tampa a county that won't allow teams to play a non county FL team in anything except district play?

51 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Lincoln doesn't want to play Columbia and Baker County keeps turning down offers to play us 

Only GA team I think we could get a home/home with is maybe Valdosta or Camden County but those games keep falling through

This is first time since 2018 we won't have a SFL team on the schedule, sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't and isn't Tampa a county that won't allow teams to play a non county FL team in anything except district play?

No. Armwood is going to Alabama this year 

52 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Only issue is Hillsborough can’t help with travel expenses. It would be completely out of pocket for the host team. They can’t split the gate. 

43 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Only issue is Hillsborough can’t help with travel expenses. It would be completely out of pocket for the host team. They can’t split the gate. 

But then we would have to cover their expenses to travel to us but we cover our own expenses there? 

Unless we playing Jesuit or Tampa Bay Tech then we better off just playing TCA

1 hour ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

But then we would have to cover their expenses to travel to us but we cover our own expenses there? 

Unless we playing Jesuit or Tampa Bay Tech then we better off just playing TCA

Tampa Bay tech was going to go up there before the game was canceled. Yes if it’s a home and home then both teams cover their own expenses. 

tell your coach Hillsborough county wants that smoke next year!!!

12 minutes ago, nolebull813 said:

Tampa Bay tech was going to go up there before the game was canceled. Yes if it’s a home and home then both teams cover their own expenses. 

tell your coach Hillsborough county wants that smoke next year!!!

Get your ass up to Lake City for a game and do it yourself LMAO

1 minute ago, gatorman-uf said:

@ColumbiaHighFan2017class

I see Columbia's schedule on MaxPreps is 

1. Buchholz
  2. Union County
  3. Trinity Christian
  4. Orange Park
  5. Middleburg
  6. Gadsden County
  7. Ridgeview

I know they are still looking for a 10th game, so what two games are missing from what they already have confirmed?
I am guessing Madison County, but am unsure of the other.

Madison County and DeLand

So Columbia is district champs going undefeated, additionally beating UC, GC, and MC (trying not to use the full name), but losing to Buchholz, Trinity, and Deland, so my prediction (based on nothing other than names and recent history) has Columbia going 6-3 (maybe 7-3). That is probably good enough for a #2 or #3 seed in the region. 

3 hours ago, gatorman-uf said:

So Columbia is district champs going undefeated, additionally beating UC, GC, and MC (trying not to use the full name), but losing to Buchholz, Trinity, and Deland, so my prediction (based on nothing other than names and recent history) has Columbia going 6-3 (maybe 7-3). That is probably good enough for a #2 or #3 seed in the region. 

Buchholz has only one win over Columbia since 2008 so which recent history favors Buchholz especially when last game they played at citizens was 39-0 Columbia 

You should come and check this matchup out, it will be a Thursday game at citizens on week 1 

15 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Buchholz has only one win over Columbia since 2008 so which recent history favors Buchholz especially when last game they played at citizens was 39-0 Columbia 

You should come and check this matchup out, it will be a Thursday game at citizens on week 1 

Are you going to this game?