2022 transfer thread

DisabledAccount

4-Star Wide Receiver DayDay Farmer Transfers from Holy Trinity to Cocoa High School

By Juan Rodriguez, Space Coast Daily  //  June 29, 2022

BREVARD COUNTY • COCOA, FLORIDA – Four-star wide receiver Ric’Darious “DayDay” Farmer transfered from Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy to Cocoa High School on Tuesday.

Farmer is a class of 2024 wide receiver and ranked as a four-star wideout by Rivals and 247 Sports. He concluded his sophomore season with 47 receptions for 1,051 yards with 18 touchdowns.

During his two-year tenure at Holy Trinity Episcopal Academy, he finished with 387 rushing yards, and 1751 receiving yards, for an average of 141.2 yards per game.

Farmer will join his former head coach Nate Hooks who accepted the Cocoa Tigers Associate Head Coach, Passing game coordinator role.

The class of 2024 standout receiver has over 17 college football offers from programs such as the University of Miami, Nebraska, Penn State, and more.

17 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

they were sophomores last season. they juniors now & thats the scary part. jesuit was strong as well sta & venice. if i could rank a top 5 id go 

5. sta

4. venice

3. jesuit

2. chaminade

1. cent. (no bias.. no team in the state had the personnel to play wit dem boys)

Legit list, but I would put 

1.STA

2. JESUIT

3.chaminade

4.MIAMI central 

5. Venice 

I get it MIAMI central gets known with a plethora of other MIAMI powerhouses as being “2nd half teams” but baker county in that championship gave MIAMI central all they could handle in that first half.

replace baker county with STA or jesuit I don’t think central recovers from that poor start like they eventually did Vs baker. 

5 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

1.STA

2. JESUIT

3.chaminade

4.MIAMI central 

5. Venice 

I get it MIAMI central gets known with a plethora of other MIAMI powerhouses as being “2nd half teams” but baker county in that championship gave MIAMI central all they could handle in that first half.

replace baker county with STA or jesuit I don’t think central recovers from that poor start like they eventually did Vs baker. 

Pine forest,  

22 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

1.STA

2. JESUIT

3.chaminade

4.MIAMI central 

5. Venice 

i respect that opinion but far too much disrespect to the team that blew out american heritage after being down 20-6. sta is 0-1 against central and they dont wanna bark up that tree again and you know it. honestly tho i want to know who in the state of florida has beat central? they been running the state since 2010. besides the usuals like the west, carol city & booker t no others have beat them rockets. chaminade on that humbug game 2 years back but thats it. where do you feel sta or jesuit can possibly win that game? central matches up in every way. & how you name sta #1 & they lost to jesuit?

On 7/2/2022 at 10:50 PM, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

The change from 15-16 is probably the biggest physical shift in your teenage years. Those boys were big, fast, and disciplined last year and they got no where to go but up... and for two years, too! How do you compete with that? Good lord! Lol. I can’t wait to see them play, though! 

exactly. would not want to be on the other side of that axx whoopin. that schedule should be the perfect test too. we got a fun season loading

58 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

i respect that opinion but far too much disrespect to the team that blew out american heritage after being down 20-6. sta is 0-1 against central and they dont wanna bark up that tree again and you know it. honestly tho i want to know who in the state of florida has beat central? they been running the state since 2010. besides the usuals like the west, carol city & booker t no others have beat them rockets. chaminade on that humbug game 2 years back but thats it. where do you feel sta or jesuit can possibly win that game? central matches up in every way. & how you name sta #1 & they lost to jesuit?

STA losing to JESUIT I took into account that game was thrown together within 48 hours because of a positive Covid test from STA opponent. Then on top of that jesuit was a powerhouse just like STA & it was on the road which favors the team by -3 which is what jesuit one by if I’m not mistaken.

run that game back with ample amount of time to prepare and I’m picking STA all day. 

1 hour ago, cribboy305 said:

And you mention that MIAMI central has been running the state since 2010, I disagree with that I would say they were running 6A for most of the decade & my opinion that was because once they got past the second round which was either us or CC OR MNW central had a cake walk to the championship trophy, outside of the rockets own district and reigion 4 there was no other team in north Florida or beyond that was gonna be able to run with central. 

if MIAMI central was had to go through 7A and get through STA every year & some of those great Lakeland teams and etc i don’t think MC would have dominated yearly IMO

Yea y’all did beat STA @ STA in the one & only matchup y’all had, but it would take more wins then that to say y’all own STA, iMG tapped y’all ass a few times to. 

so yeah with all due respect to central do I believe they RUN Florida ? Na but when you recruit & get transfers like they do , they better dominate their classification isn’t that’s why all the transfers came in? To team up and dominate ?

2 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

Central has indeed had tremendous success against in-state opponents over the last decade.   Not counting the 0-14 record from 2011 (forfeits, presumably from one or more ineligible players), the only other in-state team that has beaten them since 2010 appears to be Manatee (in 2012). 

Central has not had the same success against out-of-state opponents.  Granted, they have played some of the best of the best (and typically play them early in the season), but over the last decade or so, they have losses to St. John Bosco, Bishop Gorman, St. Frances, St. Johns (DC), DeMatha and a couple of Georgia teams in 2010 and 2012. 

All that said, and recognizing that you threw in the caveat for "the usuals," in my opinion you can't exactly say that Central has been "running the state" when they've gone 2-6 since 2016 against a school (Northwestern) 3-4 miles away. 

32 minutes ago, Perspective said:

Central has indeed had tremendous success against in-state opponents over the last decade.   Not counting the 0-14 record from 2011 (forfeits, presumably from one or more ineligible players), the only other in-state team that has beaten them since 2010 appears to be Manatee (in 2012). 

Central has not had the same success against out-of-state opponents.  Granted, they have played some of the best of the best (and typically play them early in the season), but over the last decade or so, they have losses to St. John Bosco, Bishop Gorman, St. Frances, St. Johns (DC), DeMatha and a couple of Georgia teams in 2010 and 2012. 

All that said, and recognizing that you threw in the caveat for "the usuals," in my opinion you can't exactly say that Central has been "running the state" when they've gone 2-6 since 2016 against a school (Northwestern) 3-4 miles away. 

ahh yes manatee. that was a great game! but other than that no one. yes northwestern has won their share of games since 2016 but before then the west hadn’t won since 09. although they did lose some of those oos games central always scheduled the best of the best. all those teams were ranked top 5 in the nation when central chose to play them.  @THIS_IS_DILLARD seems to believe that central wouldn’t of faired well in 7a but i beg to differ. you have to take into account sta only schedules the dade powers when they think its an off year, all these dominant years of STA but yet they chose to play the west in 2013? prolly the worst bulls team ever. didn’t play booker t until 2016 (a down year) & LOST! . Central until 2018 & LOST! finally played carol city in 2020 but every knew cc wasn’t what they were a couple years prior. point is how can you not name MC kings of fla when they’ve played EVERYBODY who accepts, but can name STA kings when they have been scared to play the best of miami. its a reason we never believe the hype and still don’t. 

2 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

And you mention that MIAMI central has been running the state since 2010, I disagree with that I would say they were running 6A for most of the decade & my opinion that was because once they got past the second round which was either us or CC OR MNW central had a cake walk to the championship trophy, outside of the rockets own district and reigion 4 there was no other team in north Florida or beyond that was gonna be able to run with central. 

if MIAMI central was had to go through 7A and get through STA every year & some of those great Lakeland teams and etc i don’t think MC would have dominated yearly IMO

Yea y’all did beat STA @ STA in the one & only matchup y’all had, but it would take more wins then that to say y’all own STA, iMG tapped y’all ass a few times to. 

so yeah with all due respect to central do I believe they RUN Florida ? Na but when you recruit & get transfers like they do , they better dominate their classification isn’t that’s why all the transfers came in? To team up and dominate ?

this is off subject too sir but i remember not too long ago you were saying how dade didn’t dominate until the transfer rules… i was doing some scrolling and came across a fact that broward hadn’t won a state title until 1973 & it was hollywood hills. dillard was next in 83 i believe, reading this i laughed. dade had already collected plenty hardware by that time my good man. i love my broward ppl but yall our little bros man

this is off subject too sir but i remember not too long ago you were saying how dade didn’t dominate until the transfer rules… i was doing some scrolling and came across a fact that broward hadn’t won a state title until 1973 & it was hollywood hills. dillard was next in 83 i believe, reading this i laughed. dade had already collected plenty hardware by that time my good man. i love my broward ppl but yall our little bros man

I never said “dade” as a whole didn’t start winning championships until they got transfers, I said teams like MIAMI CENTRAL, MNW, CC to a lesser degree didn’t become power houses until they started privately recruiting, little brother ? Wouldn’t say that each county has had their time where they was on top & when they wasn’t. 

ahh yes manatee. that was a great game! but other than that no one. yes northwestern has won their share of games since 2016 but before then the west hadn’t won since 09. although they did lose some of those oos games central always scheduled the best of the best. all those teams were ranked top 5 in the nation when central chose to play them.  @THIS_IS_DILLARD seems to believe that central wouldn’t of faired well in 7a but i beg to differ. you have to take into account sta only schedules the dade powers when they think its an off year, all these dominant years of STA but yet they chose to play the west in 2013? prolly the worst bulls team ever. didn’t play booker t until 2016 (a down year) & LOST! . Central until 2018 & LOST! finally played carol city in 2020 but every knew cc wasn’t what they were a couple years prior. point is how can you not name MC kings of fla when they’ve played EVERYBODY who accepts, but can name STA kings when they have been scared to play the best of miami. its a reason we never believe the hype and still don’t. 

Just because you willing to play anyone in Florida that doesn’t mean you RUN FLORIDA, it’s easy to feel like the king when you’ve recruited & brought in all of the other camps BEST MEN, no shade that’s what it is super teams are what’s in, no powerhouse program is getting it out the mud & winning from within period! 

& because if that central doesn’t extremely well in Florida as they should for what they do & bring in, but as Venice has stated more time then none when it’s time to go up another big bad wolf just as talented as the rockets they have came up small in a lot of those matchups, sure they’ve won a few but they have lost more then they won & a lot of those loses was blowouts, top 5 in the nation or not in a lot of those same matchups central fans was calling blowout blowout “them boys ain’t ready for a team from dade” only for the rockets to come back home after losing by 20+. 

6 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

Not my view from 35,000 feet but from 200 miles away I would have to agree when you look at the totality of their record no one is better than Central Rockets for over the last decade.   Those of you opining, Cribboy, Perspective and others do have a dog in the hunt.  As I like to fall back on facts are stubborn and Central most years would be better than STA or anyone else.   The fact they will take on the top in the nation and most of the time have to travel as these schools certainly don't want to play them in SFL is testament to their superiority.  Just an old man's take on this little squabble. 

5 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Just because you willing to play anyone in Florida that doesn’t mean you RUN FLORIDA, it’s easy to feel like the king when you’ve recruited & brought in all of the other camps BEST MEN, no shade that’s what it is super teams are what’s in, no powerhouse program is getting it out the mud & winning from within period! 

& because if that central doesn’t extremely well in Florida as they should for what they do & bring in, but as Venice has stated more time then none when it’s time to go up another big bad wolf just as talented as the rockets they have came up small in a lot of those matchups, sure they’ve won a few but they have lost more then they won & a lot of those loses was blowouts, top 5 in the nation or not in a lot of those same matchups central fans was calling blowout blowout “them boys ain’t ready for a team from dade” only for the rockets to come back home after losing by 20+. 

It's a pitiful argument as no team in FL goes against these types of national powers ANUALLY and is required to travel.  I have watched several games and almost always the home field advantage shows itself in many forms which is the reason for some of the losses.   The good thing is it looks like this year is a good time to either put up or shut up and stop with all the excuses. 

10 hours ago, cribboy305 said:

exactly. would not want to be on the other side of that axx whoopin. that schedule should be the perfect test too. we got a fun season loading

My take is that Central, MNW, and CMD will be the top 3 ranked teams in Florida this coming season after it is over. Save this comment for a later date to see if I was right! 

9 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Until Dillard does something you have no room to talk. Central has 8 state titles, been to states three years in a row, beat some of the best in Florida and has a 8-7 out of state record. Central doesn't have a national title but compared to Dillard and anyone else in the state of Florida Central has done well for themselves. I'm not taking anything from Dillard and shoot Dillard might surprise everyone this upcoming season but I feel as if you're bashing Central and it's not right.

8 minutes ago, FBGUY1989 said:

Until Dillard does something you have no room to talk. Central has 8 state titles, been to states three years in a row, beat some of the best in Florida and has a 8-7 out of state record. Central doesn't have a national title but compared to Dillard and anyone else in the state of Florida Central has done well for themselves. I'm not taking anything from Dillard and shoot Dillard might surprise everyone this upcoming season but I feel as if you're bashing Central and it's not right.

Yup, you are correct they have gone out and loaded up themselves with transfers so have the opportunity to "Surprise Everyone" this upcoming season.  But that is what has to happen otherwise the old adage applies......"Talk is Cheap"!!

4 hours ago, FBGUY1989 said:

I’m not bashing central at all I just have my opinion. Crib feel as if MIAMI central runs Florida & I disagree. 

are they great at winning championships in their class ? Of course, but again as I stated when you recruit & bring in talent from other schools like the rockets do dominating is what you’re EXPECTED TO DO! This has nothing to do with Dillard or a comparison between the do because they can’t compare really & thats also not what we were discussing. The rockets are great, nationally great. But when you’re 0-2 or 0-3 vs the true #1 team in Florida iMG then no you don’t run Florida & being 1-0 Vs STA doesn’t mean you run them either. We can all speculate how many times STA or central would have won in past matchups ; but we will never know because the matchups that should’ve happen didn’t. 

4 hours ago, Ray Icaza said:

Yup, you are correct they have gone out and loaded up themselves with transfers so have the opportunity to "Surprise Everyone" this upcoming season.  But that is what has to happen otherwise the old adage applies......"Talk is Cheap"!!

Talk is always cheap but this convo is not about Dillard & I never said Dillard ran Florida either, hell not even broward. 

do they have the chance to prove somethings this year ? Of course but so do a lot of other teams. 

18 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Talk is always cheap but this convo is not about Dillard & I never said Dillard ran Florida either, hell not even broward. 

do they have the chance to prove somethings this year ? Of course but so do a lot of other teams. 

18 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I’m not bashing central at all I just have my opinion. Crib feel as if MIAMI central runs Florida & I disagree. 

are they great at winning championships in their class ? Of course, but again as I stated when you recruit & bring in talent from other schools like the rockets do dominating is what you’re EXPECTED TO DO! This has nothing to do with Dillard or a comparison between the do because they can’t compare really & thats also not what we were discussing. The rockets are great, nationally great. But when you’re 0-2 or 0-3 vs the true #1 team in Florida iMG then no you don’t run Florida & being 1-0 Vs STA doesn’t mean you run them either. We can all speculate how many times STA or central would have won in past matchups ; but we will never know because the matchups that should’ve happen didn’t. 

no you didn’t bring img in the picture. central played them once all the way til the 4th quarter.. did you watch? beat out by depth but that was expected out IMG. not a solid argument if you ask me. but i can to a degree respected your mind when it comes to this. central hasn’t always represented well on the national stage but they the only ones who step to the plate so you gotta respect it.

4 minutes ago, cribboy305 said:

no you didn’t bring img in the picture. central played them once all the way til the 4th quarter.. did you watch? beat out by depth but that was expected out IMG. not a solid argument if you ask me. but i can to a degree respected your mind when it comes to this. central hasn’t always represented well on the national stage but they the only ones who step to the plate so you gotta respect it.

I think the only real argument against Central is that all the success has come since 2010 so they don't have the decades of dominance that some others may have