2022 transfer thread

DisabledAccount

5 hours ago, HornetFan said:

How about a list of those that transferred for better academic opportunities:

1.   N/A

There are actually a lot of those kids! It's just that there are no people on messages boards who know their names or talk about them, because they don't play football. (Some of the private schools really do offer a vastly better educational experience than the public school kids are zoned for.)

On 7/8/2022 at 12:35 PM, skyway said:

There are actually a lot of those kids! It's just that there are no people on messages boards who know their names or talk about them, because they don't play football. (Some of the private schools really do offer a vastly better educational experience than the public school kids are zoned for.)

You missed my point. I was speaking of the football players on the list. How many of those football players transferred to other schools because they could improve their academics rather than looking for a better football team? I mainly follow schools in the Orlando / Central Florida area, and the QB musical chairs have reached ridiculous proportions. Have any of these kids even considered that maybe they were part of the reason that their current team wasn't reaching expectations, or that maybe every kid playing QB in HS isn't a D1 prospect; only a small percentage are.

58 minutes ago, HornetFan said:

You missed my point. I was speaking of the football players on the list. How many of those football players transferred to other schools because they could improve their academics rather than looking for a better football team? I mainly follow schools in the Orlando / Central Florida area, and the QB musical chairs have reached ridiculous proportions. Have any of these kids even considered that maybe they were part of the reason that their current team wasn't reaching expectations, or that maybe every kid playing QB in HS isn't a D1 prospect; only a small percentage are.

Most football players transferred for football. My point is that many kids transfer (or move into a more desired school's zone) for many other reasons. 

That said, I do think there are kids in urban areas like Fort Lauderdale who'd prefer the overall environment-including academics- at a wealthy private school over the inner city public school they are zoned for.

*I do get your joke. Just trying to add to the conversation.

18 minutes ago, skyway said:

Most football players transferred for football. My point is that many kids transfer (or move into a more desired school's zone) for many other reasons. 

That said, I do think there are kids in urban areas like Fort Lauderdale who'd prefer the overall environment-including academics- at a wealthy private school over the inner city public school they are zoned for.

*I do get your joke. Just trying to add to the conversation.

It's worth noting that the top talent of Broward County is not actually Fort Lauderdale

Pembroke Pines, Miramar, Davie, pompano beach, Deerfield beach, etc are all on par or usually better talent than Fort Lauderdale area but we both know all those areas can end up at a Fort Lauderdale school and mask the actual talent breakdown of the county 

46 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Let’s get to work my boy!! , LETS GO DILLARD!!

First STA now Cardinal Gibbons

Dillard doing great on the recruiting trail against those poor innocent little private schools :P

On a serious note Dillard is closing the gap between them and STA if this keeps up

18 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

First STA now Cardinal Gibbons

Dillard doing great on the recruiting trail against those poor innocent little private schools :P

On a serious note Dillard is closing the gap between them and STA if this keeps up

Lol, if you ask me DILLARD & STA was dam near even if not on the same page as STA if we’re going off last years matchup, let’s not forget the #1 team in the nation went on that same field & was blown out. 

now granted this is a entirely new year & last year means nothing, so Dillard has to go out their & kick some ass regardless of how many transfers we get. 

even with all these transfers I still expect at most 2 loses by season end that will have us primed for a deep playoff run come nov, baring no serious injuries or anything. 

56 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Lol, if you ask me DILLARD & STA was dam near even if not on the same page as STA if we’re going off last years matchup, let’s not forget the #1 team in the nation went on that same field & was blown out. 

now granted this is a entirely new year & last year means nothing, so Dillard has to go out their & kick some ass regardless of how many transfers we get. 

even with all these transfers I still expect at most 2 loses by season end that will have us primed for a deep playoff run come nov, baring no serious injuries or anything. 

I remember saying last year when you all played them that you all would need to get scores on defense and special teams if you wanted to win 

I could have sworn in the second game it was scores on that phase by STA that decided the game in their favor

But here's something that needs to be remembered, for Dillard to get a state title they likely have to do one of two things, neither of which would have history on their side 

1) beat STA twice in the same season (I'm guessing this hasn't happened by any team since the 70s or 80s?)

2) beat STA in the playoffs at Brian Piccolo stadium (again when's the last time that happened)

Not saying it can't be done but last year proved Dillard wasn't there yet, maybe these transfers get them over the top but they still gotta come to play and I still think the same, if you all want to beat STA you gotta get points on the board with defense and special teams because STA defense don't give up many points so scores on special teams and defense can and will make the difference

32 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I remember saying last year when you all played them that you all would need to get scores on defense and special teams if you wanted to win 

I could have sworn in the second game it was scores on that phase by STA that decided the game in their favor

But here's something that needs to be remembered, for Dillard to get a state title they likely have to do one of two things, neither of which would have history on their side 

1) beat STA twice in the same season (I'm guessing this hasn't happened by any team since the 70s or 80s?)

2) beat STA in the playoffs at Brian Piccolo stadium (again when's the last time that happened)

Not saying it can't be done but last year proved Dillard wasn't there yet, maybe these transfers get them over the top but they still gotta come to play and I still think the same, if you all want to beat STA you gotta get points on the board with defense and special teams because STA defense don't give up many points so scores on special teams and defense can and will make the difference

In the last meeting STA scored 2 points off a safety & when the score was 14-16 with 2 min left to go in the game STA blocked the field goal atp and returned it for 7 , take that away it’s a 14-14 ball game with on offense on STA goal line with Dillard most likely walking away with the win if they cash in. 

our defense did their part when we struck first to go up 7-0 and then got a interception on defense the very next drive for STA that’s when Dillard as the underdog supposed to cash in & go up double figures, does that mean we would’ve won the game? No but with the way our defense played all game we would have been in great position.

36 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

We’ve proven we can go toe to toe with STA at STA , if u ask me I think our players play better on the road. We haven’t necessarily had all world success at home in the playoffs either, but aye let’s just take it one game at a time & see where we’re at.

in my opinion anything short of a regional finals birth would be a HUGGGEEEEEE disappointment for Dillard.

15 hours ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

In the last meeting STA scored 2 points off a safety & when the score was 14-16 with 2 min left to go in the game STA blocked the field goal atp and returned it for 7 , take that away it’s a 14-14 ball game with on offense on STA goal line with Dillard most likely walking away with the win if they cash in. 

our defense did their part when we struck first to go up 7-0 and then got a interception on defense the very next drive for STA that’s when Dillard as the underdog supposed to cash in & go up double figures, does that mean we would’ve won the game? No but with the way our defense played all game we would have been in great position.

…..then laid an egg vs Homestead. Broncos got sum good transfers…..Really looking forward to the season!!! Whatcha got Panthers!!!!

43 minutes ago, Jullian said:

…..then laid an egg vs Homestead. Broncos got sum good transfers…..Really looking forward to the season!!! Whatcha got Panthers!!!!

I look at that game as it just wasn’t our night, it was a good game. Both teams came in (10-1) & both teams had a very good defense. 

homestead had nothing to lose and played with house money, while everybody in south Florida was ready for the rematch with STA VS DILLARD. 

add the fact Dillard was on the road, 85% of our fans didn’t show up cuz of the rain & the distance “SMH” Dillard just didn’t get it done. 

13 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

I look at that game as it just wasn’t our night, it was a good game. Both teams came in (10-1) & both teams had a very good defense. 

homestead had nothing to lose and played with house money, while everybody in south Florida was ready for the rematch with STA VS DILLARD. 

add the fact Dillard was on the road, 85% of our fans didn’t show up cuz of the rain & the distance “SMH” Dillard just didn’t get it done. 

Yeah. Didn’t look like the same team, even in warmups. 

Just now, Jullian said:

What’s crazy is it seem as if we’ve had some of our worst performances in rain, granted both teams have to play in but Dillard just seem to play their worst ball in it & struggle mightily offensively.

that 50-0 lost to ely when we were 20+ point favs in the last soul bowl at Lockhart where every tipped ball was intercepted, every lose ball was recovered by ely. Only for us to shock carol city in the first round the very next week as 28 point underdogs. 

3 minutes ago, Jullian said:

Then on top of that them boys traveled way to exit 1 dam near Florida city , most of their own family wasn’t in the stands because of the distance which is crazy like YO this is the playoffs, add the rain & Dillard looked like they weren’t even conditioned for it, it’s like when it rain their ability to catch & hold on to balls drop significantly against worthy opponents who are gonna make you work for it. 

16 minutes ago, Ray Icaza said:

Is there any possibility they are losing some players because they may be upgrading those that are leaving?

Don’t think so. The stats on those that left are pretty good. The 2 RB’s they lost I understand because how good their starter is. Lost a real good OL to Chaminade. They sure don’t grow on trees……If I’m not mistaken, they’ve lost at least 3 DB’s. 
Coach DuBuc, is one of the best coaches in the state. Just wondering if there’s something going on there……

1 hour ago, Jullian said:

Don’t think so. The stats on those that left are pretty good. The 2 RB’s they lost I understand because how good their starter is. Lost a real good OL to Chaminade. They sure don’t grow on trees……If I’m not mistaken, they’ve lost at least 3 DB’s. 
Coach DuBuc, is one of the best coaches in the state. Just wondering if there’s something going on there……

Sad that Cardinal Gibbons is probably going to fall off. Coach Dubuc deserves better. 

2 hours ago, Jullian said:

Wonder if this trend continues will it also embroil their star QB?