2022 transfer thread

DisabledAccount

45 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

My g what am I not understanding? You basically furthered proved my point. All I was saying is that YES, Dillard has received a lot of transfers so far this off season, YES Dillard can be possibly fielding one of if not their best team (talent wise) in school history . 

but as I stated up top, that ONLY qualifies us to compete in the race Aka (have a fighting chance against the 3 national ranked juggernauts you mentioned above who has BEEN THERE,DONE THAT) , but getting all these transfers Guarantees NOTHING, like I stated just because we have a boat load of transfers so does, chaminade, STA & central ; point is you STILL have to produce on the field Aka compete or win. Which Dillard has a chance to prove in just a few short weeks. 

Umm Dillard actually has gotten more inbound transfers than anyone in Broward County by my math especially when including the close to 7 or 8 they got in December

Are there teams in SFL with more over the last few years? Yes 

But going off this year alone Dillard has led the way in Broward County with inbound transfers and I can't remember them losing any significant transfers either 

11 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Umm Dillard actually has gotten more inbound transfers than anyone in Broward County by my math especially when including the close to 7 or 8 they got in December

Are there teams in SFL with more over the last few years? Yes 

But going off this year alone Dillard has led the way in Broward County with inbound transfers and I can't remember them losing any significant transfers either 

Bro this is not about who got more transfers, all I’m saying is Dillard getting all these transfers SOLIDIFIES nothing, do I predict a great season ? Yessir, but they still have to make it happen on the field. 

STA,MC & CHAMINADE , are all defending champions with a star powered team in their own right, now has Dillard been the top beneficiary of the transfers THIS OFFSEASON ? Could be, but that doesn’t take away the fact they still have to prove it on the field. 

Are these matchups gonna be huge, MOST DEFINITELY but I still expect all 3 teams above to be the favored to win. 

10 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Bro this is not about who got more transfers, all I’m saying is Dillard getting all these transfers SOLIDIFIES nothing, do I predict a great season ? Yessir, but they still have to make it happen on the field. 

STA,MC & CHAMINADE , are all defending champions with a star powered team in their own right, now has Dillard been the top beneficiary of the transfers THIS OFFSEASON ? Could be, but that doesn’t take away the fact they still have to prove it on the field. 

Are these matchups gonna be huge, MOST DEFINITELY but I still expect all 3 teams above to be the favored to win. 

Of course and both will be ranked top 25 nationally and top 5 in FL

It's hard to not see them as the favorite in the matchup 

As crazy as it sounds of the three I think STA is actually the team you all have the best shot of beating but without beating them in the playoffs it's not gonna mean much

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Of course and both will be ranked top 25 nationally and top 5 in FL

It's hard to not see them as the favorite in the matchup 

As crazy as it sounds of the three I think STA is actually the team you all have the best shot of beating but without beating them in the playoffs it's not gonna mean much

Talent wise In my opinion DILLARD matches up perfectly with all 3 of those national powerhouses. 

the only thing stopping Dillard from being the fav is that all 3 have NOT imploded they’re still ELITE & Dillard has to prove they can beat them. 

If Dillard goes to chaminade and beat this national squad they will be very well 3-0 going into the Miami central game & could be favored but first things first, ROCK CREEK we need our first win vs a OOS opponent for the first time and lord knows how many years. 

8 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Talent wise In my opinion DILLARD matches up perfectly with all 3 of those national powerhouses. 

the only thing stopping Dillard from being the fav is that all 3 have NOT imploded they’re still ELITE & Dillard has to prove they can beat them. 

If Dillard goes to chaminade and beat this national squad they will be very well 3-0 going into the Miami central game & could be favored but first things first, ROCK CREEK we need our first win vs a OOS opponent for the first time and lord knows how many years. 

Rock Creek last year faced 2 good to decent national programs 

28-26 over Life Christian Academy and a blowout loss to St Edward

As long as Dillard is a top 25 FL team you all should win by double digits 

5 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Top 25? I give us top 10 , but that’s my opinion. But regardless of what I think Dillard has a chip on their shoulder going into this season & their goal is to destroy everybody lol. So we will see how that goes 

4 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Top 25? I give us top 10 , but that’s my opinion. But regardless of what I think Dillard has a chip on their shoulder going into this season & their goal is to destroy everybody lol. So we will see how that goes 

That's my point, if Dillard is anywhere near where you are saying Rock Creek shouldn't give too much trouble 

3 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

If Dillard is a threat to any of those 3 teams then this team should be an easy win because they nowhere near the ballpark of Chaminade, STA or Central

Well we played chaminade & STA last year & both of those were close games so I guess that answers that lol hahaha. 

still can’t take no one likely tho those folks must’ve seen suem in Dillard or respect us enough to put us part of the national showcase so we got show out. 

8 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Well we played chaminade & STA last year & both of those were close games so I guess that answers that lol hahaha. 

still can’t take no one likely tho those folks must’ve seen suem in Dillard or respect us enough to put us part of the national showcase so we got show out. 

I wish stranahan would have gotten switched out with AHP or Western

3 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

Who do you have losing or not favs out of broward county in the showcase.

cuz everyone in broward tends to think it’s gonna be a full sweep 

I see a few tossups but only stranahan do I see not winning

I think stranahan is extremely overrated and one 5* player isn't gonna make them elite otherwise Lincoln 5* LB would make them elite 

Chaminade vs St John's and Cardinal Gibbons vs dematha are tossups that can go either way 

I give a very thinnest lean to Chaminade and about a TD lean to Dematha 

SFL should win the remaining ones (minus stranahan) 

I think Broward wins at least one of those 2 tossups and finishes with 2 losses but a winning record overall at the event 

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I see a few tossups but only stranahan do I see not winning

I think stranahan is extremely overrated and one 5* player isn't gonna make them elite otherwise Lincoln 5* LB would make them elite 

From what Lincoln  talkin bout they say they’re gonna put 30+ On us & that we don’t know what’s in store for us. 

i was gonna make a thread bout it but I jus laughed I can’t wait.

1 minute ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Chaminade vs St John's and Cardinal Gibbons vs dematha are tossups that can go either way 

I give a very thinnest lean to Chaminade and about a TD lean to Dematha 

SFL should win the remaining ones (minus stranahan) 

I think Broward wins at least one of those 2 tossups and finishes with 2 losses but a winning record overall at the event 

I can see that I don’t see chaminade losing tho more so gibbons if I had to pick one 

6 minutes ago, THIS_IS_DILLARD said:

From what Lincoln  talkin bout they say they’re gonna put 30+ On us & that we don’t know what’s in store for us. 

i was gonna make a thread bout it but I jus laughed I can’t wait.

Lincoln likes to talk about Columbia too but won't put us on the schedule

9 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

Aren’t you the guy that said last years results don’t mean squat?

13 hours ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

I posted a link with SFL transfer which was updated as recently as a few days ago by Larry bluestein

If anyone wants they can chart the total inbound transfers and it's highly likely that it will prove what I said to be true 

Actual charting of player movement, listed by school, is the only way to begin to make sense of who's really helped or hurt themselves in the free agent market. I don't care to spend the time needed to do that, but it's the only way to really gauge the net impact of the transfers. The occasional link to random players' Twitter feed is unhelpful. Also, making a cute graphic and "announcement" on Twitter does not mean a player is actually any good. I remember last year a kid from New York state made a big announcement about transferring to Lakeland. Watched his hudl. Meh. Poor kid could never get on the field and mostly lost his junior season. He left for Jenkins and now looks like he'll be one of their better players. Point is, Twitter announcement or not, neither he nor Lakeland were able to help each other.