2022 transfer thread

DisabledAccount

21 minutes ago, VeniceIndiansFootball said:

The real question that everyone raises, but never answers, is where we should draw the line in the sand between “RECRUITING” and “ATTRACTION.” 

Simple 

If a coach, parent, player or administrator reaches out to a player and tries to get them to leave their current school to come play at their school

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

Serious question:  if a kid doesn't post something on social media and there's no media person snooping around asking questions, how does anyone know that a kid has transferred over the summer until the fall pre-season practice starts or someone updates the roster on MaxPreps?  

If a kid doesn't post something, are they trying to hide it?   Personally, I'd give more kudos to a kid for not posting something than putting up a "taking my talents to" post in which he thanks everybody at his old school for everything they've done for him and tells them all how much he loves them and then turns around and says "but that said, I'm now transferring." 

And lord knows there are very few newspapers or tv stations that cover high school football, especially in the off-season, so I don't find it the least bit odd that a transfer doesn't make the news.   Nor do I think anyone is hiding anything. 

Have to agree with that from what happens in our area.  Almost any transfer we get seldom posts it on twitter, IG, FB or other social media they just come.  We don't try to hide it as the school losing the player knows and is most likely disappointed especially if he has made an impact at his old school already.  But we are also not out there letting everyone know we got this guy, we got that guy as if that is going to make or break your season because it sometimes makes little difference.  I am also a great believer that "Quality" Trumps "Quantity".   When you already run a good program getting 3 or 4 impact players can make more of a difference than 10-12 that are at the level you already have.

247 Sports has Gage as a 4-star guy.  They also rank him the number 2 RB in the country for the 2024 class. 

Wharton also attracted QB Jackson Jenson, who transferred in over the summer from Carrollwood Day School after spending a little time on the Bloomingdale roster this spring.   He's listed at 6'3", 190 and started at CDS as a sophomore.   Based on his size, if things don't work out for him at Wharton, it wouldn't surprise me if he somehow ends up at Venice for his senior year.  B)

Wharton went 9-3 last year, losing to Tampa Bay Tech in the regional finals.   But they return quite a few players in addition to the QB and the RB that just transferred in.  This year, Wharton is in a very strong 4-team district (3M/region 1) along with Armwood and TBT (the 4th team is Freedom and it's going to be a very long season for them).  Throw Orlando Jones into that region and the region 1 winner will be battle-tested going into the final four that likely will feature Tampa Jesuit (R2), the region 4 winner and the Dillard/STA winner (R3).  That's going to be one helluva final four. 

1 hour ago, Perspective said:

247 Sports has Gage as a 4-star guy.  They also rank him the number 2 RB in the country for the 2024 class. 

Wharton also attracted QB Jackson Jenson, who transferred in over the summer from Carrollwood Day School after spending a little time on the Bloomingdale roster this spring.   He's listed at 6'3", 190 and started at CDS as a sophomore.   Based on his size, if things don't work out for him at Wharton, it wouldn't surprise me if he somehow ends up at Venice for his senior year.  B)

Wharton went 9-3 last year, losing to Tampa Bay Tech in the regional finals.   But they return quite a few players in addition to the QB and the RB that just transferred in.  This year, Wharton is in a very strong 4-team district (3M/region 1) along with Armwood and TBT (the 4th team is Freedom and it's going to be a very long season for them).  Throw Orlando Jones into that region and the region 1 winner will be battle-tested going into the final four that likely will feature Tampa Jesuit (R2), the region 4 winner and the Dillard/STA winner (R3).  That's going to be one helluva final four. 

I saw the QB transfer earlier on, makes me wonder how many other transfers have happened that we didn't know about in the Tampa area 

On 7/20/2022 at 8:54 AM, Perspective said:

Wonder if Gage's motivation to transfer was Jerrick Gibson who is the #1 rate RB in the 2024 class and he is at IMG?  Most things just don't happen in a vacuum.  But I agree, it is a huge get for Wharton. 

50 minutes ago, ColumbiaHighFan2017class said:

"STA recruiting our Dade kids" 

This is what I'm talking about, if it was other way around people would be saying STA recruiting but you hypocrites got nothing to say when a public takes a kid from a private school

brother he from dade lol. cant blame kids for coming back playin for they respective schools

On 7/25/2022 at 12:52 PM, Ray Icaza said:

Wonder if Gage's motivation to transfer was Jerrick Gibson who is the #1 rate RB in the 2024 class and he is at IMG?  Most things just don't happen in a vacuum.  But I agree, it is a huge get for Wharton. 

I kind of doubt it, Ray. Gage played seasons with IMG when one of the top running backs in the nation Kaytron Allen was there. Gage got a lot of playing time and was in a lot of plays with Allen. Could be financial problems or maybe he just didn't care for the coaching method at IMG. 

2 hours ago, Proseteye said:

I kind of doubt it, Ray. Gage played seasons with IMG when one of the top running backs in the nation Kaytron Allen was there. Gage got a lot of playing time and was in a lot of plays with Allen. Could be financial problems or maybe he just didn't care for the coaching method at IMG. 

It was a simple question, not a conclusion.  So let me reframe it.   While Gage was an underclassman was getting "A Lot" of playing time okay behind Allen and now as an upperclassman is that sufficient if he wanted to be the "MAN"??

On 7/28/2022 at 5:01 PM, Ray Icaza said:

It was a simple question, not a conclusion.  So let me reframe it.   While Gage was an underclassman was getting "A Lot" of playing time okay behind Allen and now as an upperclassman is that sufficient if he wanted to be the "MAN"??

Could be but I would think that Gage still was the starter at IMG ahead of this newcomer for the coming season. ;)