STA vs IMG

Floridatech

The game may be good, with great athletes. But is this what high school football is supposed to be? At what stage do we say enough? At the high school level it should be more about community and team. Most high school kids end their careers in October, November of December of their senior years.

Two different concepts, Darter. IMG is a private high school that specializes in turning out professional athletes, not just in football, but in all sports. That's what they do and they don't make any bones about it. If you play against them you know what to expect. Like it or not. They do not really have any district and are not allowed to participate in the playoffs. STA is a private high school just like all of the other private and parochial high schools all over the country. They are in a district and participate in the playoffs in their classification. Although they claim not to recruit, of course they do. Since they're a very successful football program every decent player wants to go there so recruiting is simply choosing the best players out of the hundreds that apply. I, myself don't think they are all that great, considering what they have to pick from. They were beaten last year by Deerfield, and had very close wins against 3 other teams. They are far from invincible. In fact there are two or three teams or maybe more in 3A that could possibly defeat them on any given Friday. STA is never going to change its mission. My take is that It is up to the other schools to just get better so that they can not only compete but defeat STA on a regular basis.   

I am leaning STA here. Unless the IMG defense has drastically improved from last year, I feel STA is the more seasoned team versus facing elite talent. IMG can bring in all the kids they want nation wide and I guarantee most of them have not seen the rampant speed and physicality of elite SFL football. I just think the STA players have seen a lot more kids on IMG's level than IMG players have seen on The STA level.

Another factor I will note is that I believe STA has more depth. STA's second and third string players run circles around the IMG backups. I have seen some of those IMG "backups" and only the Lord knows how those kids are on the IMG roster. At STA, they don't just put a bunch of kids on a roster that pay max tuition to compensate for all of the starters. Every number on STA's team is hard earned and you can be assured they are all very capable SFL varsity players

Overall, I like better Defenses in big games. There was something missing last year with IMG defensively that I believe they will have to improve on this year if they want to win a fictitious national championship.

I am leaning STA here. Unless the IMG defense has drastically improved from last year, I feel STA is the more seasoned team versus facing elite talent. IMG can bring in all the kids they want nation wide and I guarantee most of them have not seen the rampant speed and physicality of elite SFL football. I just think the STA players have seen a lot more kids on IMG's level than IMG players have seen on The STA level.

Another factor I will note is that I believe STA has more depth. STA's second and third string players run circles around the IMG backups. I have seen some of those IMG "backups" and only the Lord knows how those kids are on the IMG roster. At STA, they don't just put a bunch of kids on a roster that pay max tuition to compensate for all of the starters. Every number on STA's team is hard earned and you can be assured they are all very capable SFL varsity players

Overall, I like better Defenses in big games. There was something missing last year with IMG defensively that I believe they will have to improve on this year if they want to win a fictitious national championship.

So you telling me that IMG literley are allowed to recruit but can't even get good backups, lol guess they not recruiting hard enough

The game may be good, with great athletes. But is this what high school football is supposed to be? At what stage do we say enough? At the high school level it should be more about community and team. Most high school kids end their careers in October, November of December of their senior years.

We now live in an age where winning at all costs, media buzz, mythical national titles, and prima donna athletes with inflated egos are looked upon as the gold standard.  

I Dont care bout national title, everyone knows we are not liked by polls outside of our area and we could win every game by 30 points and would probley finish at 15th, we only care about a state title

;)

I remember when USA Today said Jacksonville Bolles was the #1 team in the country, then a week later Bartow beat them in the state title game.  My opinion of national rankings has been the same ever since.  

Any team can win on any given day, that being said, if it's early in the season STA has a better chance. IMG gets better as the season goes on because the team has time to gel. IMG is a completely different team from game 1 to game 10. 

If AHP had played IMG mid-season or later last year, I don't think they would have beat them. 

IMG is playing 12 regular seasons games this year against a killer schedule. IF they go undefeated I think they deserve to be national champs. I don't like the idea of them playing tradiotnal high schools, but if they survive that schedule undefeated, they should be number 1. 

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/w7SCSNk-IEON7Zpz6l5kAg/img-academys-2016-football-schedule-features-12-games,-national-powers-all-over.htm

Any team can win on any given day, that being said, if it's early in the season STA has a better chance. IMG gets better as the season goes on because the team has time to gel. IMG is a completely different team from game 1 to game 10.

If AHP had played IMG mid-season or later last year, I don't think they would have beat them.

IMG is playing 12 regular seasons games this year against a killer schedule. IF they go undefeated I think they deserve to be national champs. I don't like the idea of them playing tradiotnal high schools, but if they survive that schedule undefeated, they should be number 1.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/w7SCSNk-IEON7Zpz6l5kAg/img-academys-2016-football-schedule-features-12-games,-national-powers-all-over.htm

How many teams are against Florida or other power states? (Georgia,Texas,cali,Ohio?)

How many teams are against Florida or other power states? (Georgia,Texas,cali,Ohio?)

no teams from ohio or Texas this year, 2 teams from California, both on the road, a trip to Georgia in the opener, 3 regular season games against in state opponents on the road, Boyd Anderson at home including 3 other out of state teams in St. John's from Washington, D.C. And Southern Lab out of Louisiana also St Francis out of Maryland in a bowl game then ending the season November 19th up in Virginia against Bishop Sullivan