STA vs IMG

Floridatech

Centennial, Grayson, and long Beach poly are all regular season games that they might lose from what I see

Centennial and Grayson are the toughest 2, St. John's at home won't be easy either and neither will the trip to Trinity Christian. I highly doubt they will go undefeated with that schedule but if they do yea they're national champs without a doubt

If they play in the first 3 weeks, STA easily. If they play towards the end of the year, IMG by 10. IMG is almost an entire new team every year. STA gets a ton of transfers but they always have 20 or 30 seniors who have been in the program for 2 or 3 years. IMG kids don't even know each other until they get deeper into the year. 

St.Thomas, Ill take the SoFla. talent over the national.

I'll agree... A lot of those IMG transfers don't play against teams like STA before... So it doesn't matter if it's early in the year or late in the year..... If they have a tight game with Carol City in the KOC then that will prove my point....

I'll agree... A lot of those IMG transfers don't play against teams like STA before... So it doesn't matter if it's early in the year or late in the year..... If they have a tight game with Carol City in the KOC then that will prove my point....

I will be at that KOC Saturday night, a few people in the area already saying IMG in a blowout, but I'm having none of that it will be extremely competitive and close all the way to the 4th

Funny. Folks are saying that IMG is going to be defeated by or just barely get by some of the teams they will be playing this season. Hmmmm. This team was undefeated last season and defeated 7 out of state teams, some of which were better than or equal to the best Florida has to offer. Most of them they beat by lopsided scores. They crushed both Miramar and Cocoa, two top teams in Florida. So tell me, who is going to defeat IMG? Boyd Anderson, Oxbridge, TCA, or Chaminade? I would bet that none of them defeat IMG and maybe will not even come close. I'm not a fan of IMG one way or the other. However, I am a fan of reality. Maybe someone can explain to me how these 4 teams, or for that matter any other 4 teams in Florida, will beat IMG.  :)

Funny. Folks are saying that IMG is going to be defeated by or just barely get by some of the teams they will be playing this season. Hmmmm. This team was undefeated last season and defeated 7 out of state teams, some of which were better than or equal to the best Florida has to offer. Most of them they beat by lopsided scores. They crushed both Miramar and Cocoa, two top teams in Florida. So tell me, who is going to defeat IMG? Boyd Anderson, Oxbridge, TCA, or Chaminade? I would bet that none of them defeat IMG and maybe will not even come close. I'm not a fan of IMG one way or the other. However, I am a fan of reality. Maybe someone can explain to me how these 4 teams, or for that matter any other 4 teams in Florida, will beat IMG. :)

Bruh Miramar and Cocoa were not the top teams in FLA last year... Not even close... When they did play a top team from FLA you seen what happen.... You got to remember a lot of those IMG comes from different states that don't see top notch teams and athletes that are on the same level or better then them... So I won't be quick to say they are world beaters.... AHP was suppose to get blown out last year too... 🙄

"If" IMG loses early and/or is banged up and Chaminade is playing well leading into the playoffs... that could be an interesting game.

Poly I doubt gives them a game.

TCA I doubt either. Imo it's Grayson, Centennial and maybe Chaminade as a long shot and maybe last chance to stop a MNC if IMG is undefeated. Oxbridge I just don't see it.

"If" IMG loses early and/or is banged up and Chaminade is playing well leading into the playoffs... that could be an interesting game.

Poly I doubt gives them a game.

TCA I doubt either. Imo it's Grayson, Centennial and maybe Chaminade as a long shot and maybe last chance to stop a MNC if IMG is undefeated. Oxbridge I just don't see it.

Wow a team who wins national title for buying talent and not even winning state, I see why people hate img

Wow a team who wins national title for buying talent and not even winning state, I see why people hate img

No one is forcing anyone to play IMG and what do you mean when you say "buying" talent? Are you insinuating that IMG is paying athletes?

Could it be possible that kid from Indiana or Louisiana sees IMG as a great option to better his future as a student athlete and more options at a ticket to college?

Could it be possible that individuals choose IMG on their own, or do you feel IMG is forcing people to go there?

Again. No one is being forced to play IMG. You just seem bitter for something that is so irrelevant to Columbia football.

No one is forcing anyone to play IMG and what do you mean when you say "buying" talent? Are you insinuating that IMG is paying athletes?

Could it be possible that kid from Indiana or Louisiana sees IMG as a great option to better his future as a student athlete and more options at a ticket to college?

Could it be possible that individuals choose IMG on their own, or do you feel IMG is forcing people to go there?

Again. No one is being forced to play IMG. You just seem bitter for something that is so irrelevant to Columbia football.

If they are offering a full ride scholarship to a place that charges tuition to normal students they are essentially paying them, they paying by making them not pay and why should a team who only plays 10 games be voted champs over someone who goes 15-0 and wins a state title when we have probley 50-100 teams do that yearly, so why does img get picked as better then those teams and even people throughout this board have STA over img so img is likely not the best in this state much less the entire country

If they are offering a full ride scholarship to a place that charges tuition to normal students they are essentially paying them, they paying by making them not pay and why should a team who only plays 10 games be voted champs over someone who goes 15-0 and wins a state title when we have probley 50-100 teams do that yearly, so why does img get picked as better then those teams and even people throughout this board have STA over img so img is likely not the best in this state much less the entire country

marx-bio.jpg

Columbia is not in the National Championship hunt - are you just jealous or something?

- marx-bio.jpg

I'm supposed to know what that means? Lol

Funny. Folks are saying that IMG is going to be defeated by or just barely get by some of the teams they will be playing this season. Hmmmm. This team was undefeated last season and defeated 7 out of state teams, some of which were better than or equal to the best Florida has to offer. Most of them they beat by lopsided scores. They crushed both Miramar and Cocoa, two top teams in Florida. So tell me, who is going to defeat IMG? Boyd Anderson, Oxbridge, TCA, or Chaminade? I would bet that none of them defeat IMG and maybe will not even come close. I'm not a fan of IMG one way or the other. However, I am a fan of reality. Maybe someone can explain to me how these 4 teams, or for that matter any other 4 teams in Florida, will beat IMG.  :)

Tell me about a few of  the 7 teams out of state that IMG played that were "better than or equal to" : STA, Flanagan, Miami Central and TCA. 

Cocoa and Miramar were not two top teams in FL in 2015. It is not IMG's fault but they just happened to catch those teams in down years.  Strong programs historically -yes.  Last year Miramar was not even a playoff team and have not been to the 8A South playoffs for 3 years.   They were also hammered by STA and Flanagan just as bad or worse than versus IMG.  That says a lot also because when they played Flanagan they were at Home in mid-season when they were playing much better football than early on versus IMG.  This is one of the biggest rivalries in the State and Flanagan was even penalized 280 yards and still won with east.   They week after they played Flanagan they beat Cypress Bay 42-0, Lost to a very strong offensive Hallandale team just 0-7.  Miramar was not a pushover but they also were not a 8A South Playoff team.

The way the IMG Defense was playing late season last year was not very impressive for an elite caliber team.  In fact there was nothing overly impressive defensively that IMG did to the NJ Catholic leage schools that was more impressive than any of the other NJ Catholic teams did versus the same opponents.  I jsut didn't see the Defense late season comparable to  what STA, Flanagan, Miami Central and even TCA were doing to teams.  Including those teams, there were probably about 5 other teams that on a good night could have made for a close game or upset IMG.  Maybe this rant all stems from watching the IMG players and coaches pleading to the refs for help on versus AHP putting some good licks on them.  Nationally elite teams at HOME in Kickoff Classics don't do that.  They hit back harder or go down swinging - win or lose.  I just saw a team that was playing timid in their own house in that game.

Cocoa and Miramar were not two top teams in FL in 2015. It is not IMG's fault but they just happened to catch those teams in down years. Strong programs historically -yes. Last year Miramar was not even a playoff team and have not been to the 8A South playoffs for 3 years. They were also hammered by STA and Flanagan just as bad or worse than versus IMG. That says a lot also because when they played Flanagan they were at Home in mid-season when they were playing much better football than early on versus IMG. This is one of the biggest rivalries in the State and Flanagan was even penalized 280 yards and still won with east. They week after they played Flanagan they beat Cypress Bay 42-0, Lost to a very strong offensive Hallandale team just 0-7. Miramar was not a pushover but they also were not a 8A South Playoff team.

The way the IMG Defense was playing late season last year was not very impressive for an elite caliber team. In fact there was nothing overly impressive defensively that IMG did to the NJ Catholic leage schools that was more impressive than any of the other NJ Catholic teams did versus the same opponents. I jsut didn't see the Defense late season comparable to what STA, Flanagan, Miami Central and even TCA were doing to teams. Including those teams, there were probably about 5 other teams that on a good night could have made for a close game or upset IMG. Maybe this rant all stems from watching the IMG players and coaches pleading to the refs for help on versus AHP putting some good licks on them. Nationally elite teams at HOME in Kickoff Classics don't do that. They hit back harder or go down swinging - win or lose. I just saw a team that was playing timid in their own house in that game.

Who you picking in Carol city vs img?