STA vs IMG

Floridatech

Dude I said before I don't care about a national title just state title everyone knows we could beat every team by 20 and still wouldn't end number 1

You don't care about a national title but you have an issue with IMG "buying one" ....So if you don't care about Columbia relevant to a national title, why the heck do you care about IMG chasing a national title?

You don't care about a national title but you have an issue with IMG "buying one" ....So if you don't care about Columbia relevant to a national title, why the heck do you care about IMG chasing a national title?

No I have problem.with them taking a spot from a deserving team who wins 15 games and a state title vs one who wins 10

They also got to play centennial and poly

Poly should get smoked, don't really think Centennial has a chance either. Grayson is one of the few teams in the nation that can hang with a team like IMG at the line of scrimmage, plus it's in Ga (10pt spot if you know what I mean lol)

Back to miramar getting blown out by IMG, STA whooped up on them just as bad. Miramar really dropped off last year. Carol City and Flanagan up....Miramar dooown. It will be interesting to see what happens with Miramar this year, they're run may have ended. Handicaper what have you heard about Miramar for 2016??

Dont you think a 15-0 STA team more worthy then a 10-0 img with basically similar SOS?

I think it depends on the way they win, and how the oponents end up doing. If STA blows out BG and BG blows out their opponents for example and IMg struggles a couple games i'd definitely favor STA. If STA has some close wins and IMG obliterates everyone (and those teams do well) I wouldn't be opposed to IMG winning. If we're going to include them etc it is what it is.

I think it depends on the way they win, and how the oponents end up doing. If STA blows out BG and BG blows out their opponents for example and IMg struggles a couple games i'd definitely favor STA. If STA has some close wins and IMG obliterates everyone (and those teams do well) I wouldn't be opposed to IMG winning. If we're going to include them etc it is what it is.

I guess it's the media right to put them in their rankings as it my right to leave them out, 2 way street ðŸ˜ðŸ˜›

I guess it's the media right to put them in their rankings as it my right to leave them out, 2 way street ðŸ˜ðŸ˜›

Yeah honestly I leave them out or have them on the side as well (in my head as I don't rank teams lol), but if they're going to be included that's how I'd view it.

Back to miramar getting blown out by IMG, STA whooped up on them just as bad. Miramar really dropped off last year. Carol City and Flanagan up....Miramar dooown. It will be interesting to see what happens with Miramar this year, they're run may have ended. Handicaper what have you heard about Miramar for 2016??

Miramar lost their top RB and DE Owen Carney to Miami Central.  They also lost a very good OLB/WR Yasir Abdullah to Carol City .  They may have lost a couple more to Central and/or Carol City as well.  The good news is they got a 2018 QB Romelo Williams from Everglades that seemed to be building great chemistry in the 7V7s over the summer.  I heard a rumor that they got a 2018 transfer WR/DB from Everglades who is a track burner. Jamal Walton has run 10.4 100meters, 21.4 200 meters, and 45.9 400 meters.  

The biggest news that what many feel will allow Miramar to take back the District is the return of Brian Edwards that apparently spent the summer with STA but was never officially enrolled.  He is a very solid 2017 S/DB.  

2 years ago Miramar was actually decent but they were going through the crisis with the fraud (Matt Strout).  Last year they were a tad below a decent Plantation team but a lot behind Flanagan.  Here are Miramar's losses the last 2 years.  As you can see they only lost to good - elite caliber teams:

2015:

Miramar 14   IMG   38    - Nationally top 25 team. National Independent Power.

Miramar 18   STA   48 - Nationally top 25 team. 7A State Champion.

Flanagan 31 Miramar 6 - Nationally top 25 team 8A State Chamion.

Plantation 20 Miramar 12 - Plantation - Quality 8A team that was seconds away of upsetting Deerfield Beach in 8A first round.

Hallandale 7  Miramar 0 - Hallandale - Beat AHP and almost went on to take 5A States losing a close game to a very good Bishop Moore team. Also a top National 75 team.

2014:

AHP 30  Miramar 26 -  5A State Champion and top National 50 team.

STA 20  Miramar 12 - National top 25 team. 7A State Champion.

Miramar 21 Flanagan 27 - National top 100 team.  8A State Semifinals Runner Up.

I understand they have been down but keep in mind the teams they were losing to were very good teams.  That and the fact of how good Flanagan crept up on and passed the Patriots the last couple years make it look a lot worse than what it is.  They at least beat all of the teams they were supposed to over the last two years with what they had to work with for the most part.

2016 they lighten up a bit with  the schedule with Mater Academy, STA, and District rival Flanagan as their key games.  Western is supposedly the Dark Horse in that District so that game could be interesting.  Outside of that I see Miramar handling Monarch, @ Plantation, @ South Plantation, Cypress Bay, @ Hallandale, Everglades.`

Miramar probably has the depth to match Flanagan but Flanagan has the edge with the top play-makers on each side of the ball.  That may be the slight edge I would give Flanagan.  Either way, you can expect another game with 500+ penalty yards between those teams. It will be fun.

I expect Miramar to be a little better than last year and close to their 2014 form.  If Miramar did not lose several key players to Carol City and Miami Central they probably would have been favored to win the  District. Overall, the District will be down and if the Patriots want it bad enough, they could still be to take it back as a slight underdog to Flanagan. 7-3 is probably realistic, and 8-2 should be attainable.

Miramar lost their top RB and DE Owen Carney to Miami Central. They also lost a very good OLB/WR Yasir Abdullah to Carol City . They may have lost a couple more to Central and/or Carol City as well. The good news is they got a 2018 QB Romelo Williams from Everglades that seemed to be building great chemistry in the 7V7s over the summer. I heard a rumor that they got a 2018 transfer WR/DB from Everglades who is a track burner. Jamal Walton has run 10.4 100meters, 21.4 200 meters, and 45.9 400 meters.

The biggest news that what many feel will allow Miramar to take back the District is the return of Brian Edwards that apparently spent the summer with STA but was never officially enrolled. He is a very solid 2017 S/DB.

2 years ago Miramar was actually decent but they were going through the crisis with the fraud (Matt Strout). Last year they were a tad below a decent Plantation team but a lot behind Flanagan. Here are Miramar's losses the last 2 years. As you can see they only lost to good - elite caliber teams:

2015:

Miramar 14 IMG 38 - Nationally top 25 team. National Independent Power.

Miramar 18 STA 48 - Nationally top 25 team. 7A State Champion.

Flanagan 31 Miramar 6 - Nationally top 25 team 8A State Chamion.

Plantation 20 Miramar 12 - Plantation - Quality 8A team that was seconds away of upsetting Deerfield Beach in 8A first round.

Hallandale 7 Miramar 0 - Hallandale - Beat AHP and almost went on to take 5A States losing a close game to a very good Bishop Moore team. Also a top National 75 team.

2014:

AHP 30 Miramar 26 - 5A State Champion and top National 50 team.

STA 20 Miramar 12 - National top 25 team. 7A State Champion.

Miramar 21 Flanagan 27 - National top 100 team. 8A State Semifinals Runner Up.

I understand they have been down but keep in mind the teams they were losing to were very good teams. That and the fact of how good Flanagan crept up on and passed the Patriots the last couple years make it look a lot worse than what it is. They at least beat all of the teams they were supposed to over the last two years with what they had to work with for the most part.

2016 they lighten up a bit with the schedule with Mater Academy, STA, and District rival Flanagan as their key games. Western is supposedly the Dark Horse in that District so that game could be interesting. Outside of that I see Miramar handling Monarch, @ Plantation, @ South Plantation, Cypress Bay, @ Hallandale, Everglades.`

Miramar probably has the depth to match Flanagan but Flanagan has the edge with the top play-makers on each side of the ball. That may be the slight edge I would give Flanagan. Either way, you can expect another game with 500+ penalty yards between those teams. It will be fun.

I expect Miramar to be a little better than last year and close to their 2014 form. If Miramar did not lose several key players to Carol City and Miami Central they probably would have been favored to win the District. Overall, the District will be down and if the Patriots want it bad enough, they could still be to take it back as a slight underdog to Flanagan. 7-3 is probably realistic, and 8-2 should be attainable.

Would be funny if Miramar go far this year

Not really, it means that public schools across Florida will be able to do what they do so the private and publics will be under same rules

Yes but if your in a crappy public school or whatever you transfer to a STA or another private......or the rich of the publics will get richer per say...kids will transfer to MC BTW Armwood Manatee etc....Im  not sure if i like that new rule

Yes but if your in a crappy public school or whatever you transfer to a STA or another private......or the rich of the publics will get richer per say...kids will transfer to MC BTW Armwood Manatee etc....Im not sure if i like that new rule

Your right partially, there will be talent going to good schools but at same time their are tons of good talent who will transfer to good schools that you didn't list so they can get PT but yes teams out there like eastside for example will be in deep trouble because of this rule